Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's coming out soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reserved.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I preordered it so I can wear a fedora (the MRA PUA hat) online

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The idea of the endless dungeon mode seems promising, but I might not ever play another video game again then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you want some real fail, I bought a PS4 to play ground zeroes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I'm going to get it and have fun >:-D

:yeah!:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i seriosuly think most ppl in this forum just talk out of their asses lol.

yeah. im surprised how quickly people fagged this thread up with Games style selfhate posting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I did the same thing

:cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think I might be the dumdum because I just don't have fun with these games.

I'm sorry imp zone.

I've failed you :smith:

It happens. I'm sure there are games you like, and that's all that matters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i never understood sl1 runs because it always seemed people just leveled pyromancy which seems the same as just not levelling vitality. Well good luck on your quest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah... but the no shield, no armour, and no vitality run is freaking fun. ppl should do those instead of sl1

That's always my final run, naked run with just a two handed giant sword, if I can pull that off I feel good about the game. I never did it in DS1 but I did it in DS2 before building my gimmick set of the two shields you can slam together and then invading people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Just saw a commercial for Bloodborne on the television and had to post about it

Nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

hmmm, there's no sound from the iso :/ idk if that's a problem with the emulator or the image

i tried to play kf1 but boy that game is a nightmare. crazy to see that the design philosophy behind souls was in development that long ago though, even though the tech made it really hard for them to realize their ideas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

it's pretty cool playing (or at least looking up footage of) all their old first person dungeon crawlers, since you can see how they improve over time. if you can handle the control scheme, i think kf4, shadow tower abyss, and eternal ring are all legit good games. i think i like shadow tower abyss more than any of the souls games, for that matter (bloodborne will probably dethrone it tho)

Hm, maybe I'll try kf4 this week in my little game-free time between now and next Tuesday

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

because it's a nice way to challenge yourself in agame after you've already played it for like 50+ hours .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i've gotten about halfway through KF4 before, and it was really fun once i got past the clunkyness, but just walking around the opening area made me sort of sick, so idk if i'm going to keep going through it

Genocyber posted:

it's pretty cool playing (or at least looking up footage of) all their old first person dungeon crawlers, since you can see how they improve over time. if you can handle the control scheme, i think kf4, shadow tower abyss, and eternal ring are all legit good games. i think i like shadow tower abyss more than any of the souls games, for that matter (bloodborne will probably dethrone it tho)

I wandered around the opening area and whacked some plants with a wooden club and got gold from them. This game seems cool, especially since just this first zone has like 8 paths and nooks I could poke around in, and I laughed hard when I fell for the helmet bait. However, good lord this game is slow. I can't handle the movement speed at all and probably won't stick with it for more than the 30 minutes I played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My rom also didn't have music and sound outside of menu noises, btw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Yeah the slow speed is something you either acclimate to or don't. kind of like the tank controls in the old RE games, i guess. out of curiosity did you realize you could run by holding whatever button you have mapped to "X"? it drains your stamina so you gotta wait for it to recover before fighting, but it makes getting around way easier.

you may also want to consider trying shadow tower/shadow tower abyss. they're both faster than the KF games, tho still in the slow spectrum.

Yeah, but it wasn't too useful considering how quickly it drained my stam. It's what I was using to get around but it still feels very slow. I might keep playing around with it, I like the look of it a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Genocyber posted:

if you can't manage to stand playing I'd suggest checking out this guy's lp of the game. he's pretty informative and not-awful to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHS7M1A8TSM

If I'm gonna check it out id rather play it...mainly im hesitant to jump in because I like to finish what I start and I def don't have enough time to finish it before bloodborne is out. I really liked that that first NPC could have been in any souls game too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

V E R Y - G O O D!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Curator posted:

i'll probably make two characters when i start playing bloodborne, one for skill and one for strength

I'll probably make many characters, because this is the last game im going to buy until MGSV.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I forgot im also going to buy mortal kombat X and the persona 4 rhythm game. Oops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually haven't seen a single second of bloodborne footage and I preordered the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2-ish days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

im pumped

I might pretend I'm sick and take a day off work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i sort of like jumping in souls games, even though it's generally terribly implemented

I like the really goofy half jumps you had use in demon's souls level geometry to get to some items

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

Thief ring ruled though, I basically always had it on.

Yeah I was being serious. It was cool coming across clearly visible items and trying to find the perfect angle to fly over to them or fall down onto them or whatever, made me be more thorough in my exploration

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's nearly time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone post spoilers.

No!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I tried to google some, but I didn;t really know what I was looking for and gave up. Surely a bitter dweeb that spoiled themselves accidentally could pick up the torch.

There's nothing really to spoil in the classic sense for these games. Usually you could just find some succinct phrase like "tyrion crossbows his father to death on the toilet" but these games don't have stories so it would have to be some specifically gay poo poo like "there are 17 levels and one of them has a dragon".

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bloodborne is almost here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I'm buying MLB 15 this week

I hope you crack some sweet dingers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Im excited for the PC release. :)

Keep dreaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

what other games are coming out, anyway
besides proj eternity

Axiom Verge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Incredibly good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the good way to play the souls games (light armor, no shield) but that's your only option, and you have a gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this game has an actual friends coop functionality so it's probaby worth it to come up with an imp zone password if anyone wants to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I don't actually have the equivalent of a white soap stone yet so idk how long it is before I get access to that stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

you gotta have 10 insight and then you can buy that + the invasion item from a secret store in hunter's dream

oh that's what the buy insight prompt is, gotcha.