Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so happy ill get to play this on my brother's ps4 and that i dont have to pay for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

This game is beyond amazing a true successor to Demon Souls and Dark Souls.

except it costs 500 dollars

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Swelter Discharge posted:

i want to play this game but i looked and theres not a single other ps4 exclusive out atm that looks any good so ill have to wait

yeah so the game costs 500 lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im pushing my brother to get this because it looks like the real sequel to demon souls

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

can you create horrific creatures in this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

can you create horrific creatures in this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive heard the NPCs are really easy to accidentally kill, or at least the one that levels you up is. is there a system to pay and have a ghost salesman ala ds2 or youre just hosed?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

the only vendor is just an object you interact with and if you put the controller down and it accidentally makes you shoot the doll then you can still level up from her lifeless body

sweet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

please tell me it doesnt do the ds2 thing where enemies despawn after you kill them enough

that was probably the worst change ever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I liked that, but it doesn't do that. Instead when you beat bosses in certain areas, the enemy patterns are slightly different

i felt it was really dumb because
a. limits the amount of stuff you can farm which would be fine if some of that stuff wasnt extremely limited
b. you can just run around everything anyway if youre in a rush so it just makes problem A even stupider

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there dedicated pvp or dueling zones in the game?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

homeless snail posted:

nah, there's those couple of parts that have chime maidens in them already, but they didnt really give a poo poo about pvpers in this game

im sure theres an area the community will just kind of agree on. ds1 had the forest and the area before the final boss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah, and it results in cool videos like when Brad Shoemaker tried to play through Demons Souls live and whenever he beat a boss he would be invaded by the same person with a Scraping Spear who would destroy all of his equipment and poison him, repeatedly, over the course of like a 15 hour video series

this owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother's ps4 broke and he didnt wanna pay for the repair cost ($150), so p much i got a ps4 with bloodborne and a few months of ps plus for 150. ill be playing this in a week or two

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is extremely good and i cant stop playing it. i just got past rom, ive been able to oneshot every boss but the cainhurst castle dude wrecks my poo poo. hes loving tough. im just gonna come back to him once ive got +9/+10 stuff.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

have you tried any chalice stuff

im actually stuck on undead giant v2 lol. dude randomly oneshots you

i beat the cainhurst guy. just straight up did not let him do anything and kept hammering

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I pulled out the dark souls instruction booklet for the first time ever and it says some strange stuff. Like:
"VAGRANTS: If you drop a certain item or lose a large amount of humanity, those items and humanity move to another players world and form vagrant enemies."

Is this something that didn't make it in or do I just not know what it meabs

in DS1, if a ton of people die in a certain spot or drop items, it might cause a crab to spawn that will give you humanity when you kill it.

problem is with the way the servers were retardedly split up it's insanely rare.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chalice rom has to be the worst boss in the game jesus loving christ

yes please chain all your AOEs in a row thats fair

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mergo's wet nurse was pretty disappointing for how loving cool it looked.all you need to do is stay behind it and it's totally unable to attack you lol it doesnt even bother to turn around

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

high level keeper of the old lords can just break out of combos whenever she feels like it with an extremely fast swing and it's infuriating

man she is really loving hard when she can oneshot you and has 50 million hp. im stuck. thats it. i cant proceed in these chalice dungeons anymore

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 23, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

she can be a pain but she can be cheesed pretty easily. If you get one parry off on her, all you need to do is walk up to her as she's getting up, hit hit parry. She will always do an unstaggerable backstep + swing after getting hit twice, which is easily parried. Just repeat this process and you can prevent her from getting a single hit off

actually, i found out about glyph chalice dungeons and now im just doing that lmao. ill come back to that later. i dont deal half the loving damage that dude dealt in the video and its because ive had horrible luck with blood gems, im still walking around with level 3-4 cursed bloodgems

the great iz chalice you get from daughter of cosmos is incredible because it's a ~depth 5~ chalice but it's full of the most basic enemies that give you like 10k souls each and drop high level bloodgems and the minibosses are just brainsuckers. the first boss is another brainsucker and the second boss is celestial emissary. i think the third will be another daughter of cosmos which is also easy as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the bloodletting beast couldnt hit me once and neither can big fire dog, the big dudes are all really easy for me but holy poo poo gently caress flamelurker v.2, that abhorrent beast thing, gently caress that. its hitboxes are wonky and it does this bullshit sideswipe when he's supposed to open gently caress. took me like 12 tries

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

stay close and hit with big hammer. she doesnt do anything and she even gets stunned every few hits and lets you visceral

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just read that in NG+ absolutely nothing changes about enemy placement and stuff. that sucks rear end :(

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

brainsucker and pretty much all of the "alien" enemies are super weak to thrust so stab em up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ebrietas is fine until she does the laser attack and the tackle at the same time and youre completely trapped

now im doing lower loran and darkbeast is pissing me off because your dodge timing gets hosed up by the horrid framerate

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 24, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im at the great ithyll chalice and i just got past the first floor, so glad to be done with the cursed defiled chalice.

theres a story abhorrent beast? i thought it was just a dungeon monster

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beggar apparently disappears once you get the blood moon :(

i feel like all the giant bosses (blood letting beast, paarl, etc.) are kind of weak because they have some extremely questionable hitboxes and they pull all sorts of bullshit if you get under them. if you get into a sweetspot with ebrietas where her attacks cant hit you at all she will straight up just leap into the air with no warning and it could deal a minor amount of damage or it could completely loving crush you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im fighting the queen and shes not bad but i just get randomly stunned all the time idgi

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

ok after amelia theres a bunch of optional stuff you can do like cainhurst or the witches or the school of mensis, and you should do all those, but if you wanna progress the story go back to the door that asks you for the password in the chapel area that you could do nothing with before because now you have the password and it will open for you.

i was stuck at this part too. no loving indication youre supposed to head back there. once youre actually at the forest theres no more fuckery like that though

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think theres anything questionable about their hitboxes. paarl does splash damage and most of them stun you for a second and do a tiny amount of damage if they jump into you. theres also a counter hit mechanic in which u take 1.5x damage if youre attacked while youre in the middle of dodging or attacking yourself

yeah it sucks for the big fights because the rolls dont give you as many i. frames as the sidesteps, and locking onto paarl and such is loving bad. so if you mess up a roll you take a huge chunk of damage

also all of them have all sorts of side swipes that are meant to counter the player going under the boss and lol they hit loving behind them with those sometimes and it's annoying as hell. amygdala is a really good boss fight though, staying in front of it and locking on actually works, it just feels terrible with every other giant dude

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rom is a cool boss in the story

fighting it in a cramped room in the chalice dungeon is basically the worst thing in the game though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in the very first root chalice i made (sz/alien chalice) i found a lost ludwig's sword in the first bonus room, highest tier eye rune, uncanny sawblade, and a ton of curse babies. that loving ruled

on the downside there were like loving four NPC hunters per floor. one in particular was a nightmare, had an evelyn+threaded cane and would always fire at the right time, if it got me with a visceral it was just an instadeath

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you keep an eye out for the bodies hit the floor attack TOR is real easy. you just hit R1 and if he ever lands a blow on you you just shoot up with blood vials

i appreciated the tower knight throwback with the bell ladies tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there any weapon that's good to turn elemental? i feel like they always turn out really weak

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Okay. My ludwigs is only +5 at the moment so maybe that's why it's not doing so hot on T1R. I'm going to grind blood echoes for a bit here. I think I'm under leveled. This game doesn't have the same enemies stop re spawning thing like dark souls 2 right?
The corpse out of the chest monsters are way way too strong

if you have a heavy weapon like ludwigs or the hammer they should be no problem since you can hitstun them to death. but yeah, by the time you get to t1r you should have your main wep at +7

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just had my first invasion ever in NG+ nightmare frontier. dude found me in a small cave with my back against a wall and he had the high ground, couldve easily murdered me. instead he waved, and jogged out to the bridge. he did a duel bow, and on the very first move i shot him and did a visceral. he didn't heal because he was an honorable bro, and eventually he caught up with me and killed me, then bowed again

that was a neat experience

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

hot tip: lead the cramped caskets into the little bonfire things made out of skeletons and it will melt and neuter them

hot tip 2: use the kirkhammer to keep them stunned till death for ez souls. actually, just use the kirkhammer. for everything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat great ithyll cursed + fetid + rotted and im close to the end of NG+. i think im just about out of things to do but the game is just so loving fun. where is the DLC. i want like 50 new randomized dungeons

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

blood chunks and rocks being absurdly rare is kind of dumb. i mean for a rock you can just cheat and look up glyphs online but why are chunks 30 insight each? jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

supposedly you can find them in chalice dungeons more too now, that also used to not be a thing

ive done a few depth 5 root chalices and i only get 1-2 from boss kills. i never find them as loot but i have like 300 level 5 ritual bloods