Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
at around ~40 BLT and a fully upgraded gun, you can chip decent health off of the final chalice dungeon bosses. i know that range makes the game easier, but i also feel like playing with both melee and range is how it's balanced, so i do it on every run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's really cool. way more convincingly cosmic horror than even classic stuff, like lovecraft.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i still have never seen one in the wild, just through pre-discovered chalice glyphs ;_;

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, invaders in chalices get enemy buffs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jj9hkexRxs

according to the description, it's a straight 25% AR increase in addition to the red mist effect on the character model

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't have a PS4 any more, but might buy one when the next system is released, simply to play BB

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think orphan took me some crazy number of tries my first time through (like upwards of 20). i believe in you. it is an amazing game feeling when you finally beat him.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk, i have never had luck visceraling him. just go with whatever your style is. i found the +4 vials useful because my main problem on my last fight was running out in his final phase

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i feel like i have the ugliest playstyle possible: constantly just taking hits, rallying when i can, and then evading to vial

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

this french guy is my role model, basically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46YZFBOk2D0

lol... i love that weapon

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, yes... Paleblood. Well, you've come to the right place. Yarnham is the home to blood ministration, you need only to unravel its mystery. But where's an outsider like yourself to begin? Easy, with a little Yarnham blood of your own. But first, you need a contract.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not sure what i would do with myself if they announced a new one, other than pre-order it and buy whatever system it's on.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

it sold great right? seems like common sense to make a sequel

as far as anyone knows, miyazaki has stepped away from the format to work on new stuff. i think that the rest of from could make a good sequel, but IDK if it would have the same appeal... it did sell really well, though, so maybe Sony will force them to.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it made me physically upset when you didn't go for the visceral

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in dark souls you go hollow which means you give up and stop playing the game. in bloodborne you become a blooddrunk hunter who is addicted to the hunt and plays the game forever........think about it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DS3 is making me miss rally

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i appreciate the idea behind embers, but i'd really rather just have consistent health. BB is truly the perfection of the formula.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a dungeon master mode for chalice dungeons would be legitimately awesome

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish i still had a ps4 ;(

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the crappy rear end forums software broke one of the best threads on the forum. rip.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
they're going to force me to buy a PS4 again...

edit: although they didn't mention it being a sony japan title, so maybe not

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder if it will be like DeS > DaS, where they're very similar but they switch the IP to make it not exclusive?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
apart from being a great game, bloodborne is maybe the best cosmic horror story i've ever read or played?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
watching the cut content vids and wishing i still had a ps4

lol i had no idea that it did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

star eater posted:

i killed my self from falling after shooting micolash to death.

i’ve done this two times now

awooo awoo woo woo