Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
ive never played any souls games before but i bought a ps4 on a whim last week and got bloodborne with it

yeah this is a really good game and i am now unexpectedly excited for dark souls 3 even though ive only managed to make it to oedon chapel. the first boss was seriously cool in how it just appears out of nowhere with no warning whatsoever, and as a newbie, it will be a memorable gaming moment for some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i loving suck rear end at this game but i'm starting not to and it feels really cool

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i killed the one big alien in the room of many lesser aliens really easily and thought i was hard. i was thinking i had atl east a few hours until the next boss so i wasn't really paying attention or whatever, and then less than 60 seconds later another boss fight? completely took me by surprise and i got murdered

even though the game always surprises me i keep falling back into a false comfort zone where i think i definitely know whats in store for me only to get owned in new and creative ways

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
new update. str/skill requirements adjusted for lots of items, cost of bloodstone chunks is lowered from 30 insight to 20. and you can buy blood rocks for 60 insight! i'm going to do that

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the saw is very good, but i like the untransformed mace version of it best. it's extremely win, especially against invaders

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lmao what
Does she make contact back to you

she doesn't do anything unless you hold the pose for a long time until it shifts sides. then she claps for you

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
After having no problem with Logarius in my 1st playthru, I've now died to him 20+ times in a row on my new character

But when I get home tonight, I'm going to kill him

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

In Training posted:

that's cool. I've never really gotten into the story element of these games myself. I listened to Bonfireside chat of dark souls and learned a lot about all the different characters and stuff but for me, at the end of the day, I really just want to swing my big sword

bloodborne's story is pretty straightforward, dark souls is a lot more mysterious. both are very cool. even cooler still is that the story can be ignored outright and it doesn't diminish how cool it is to gently caress up gross looking monsters

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
churchpick transformed l2 is my favorite move in the drat game

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
someone found a new (sort of) enemy in a chalice dungeon a day or two ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMPCScnhpU

it's a variant of the undead giant that had only been seen in preview footage before

edit: oh what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
There was some Bloodborne stuff found in Fromsoft's VR game

There's a few other things that have been found too. Probably just easter eggs, but the "unfinished tale" line is interesting