Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

not if I haven't beaten the bosses enough times to get good beforehand! plus even the lovely nothing zombies are killing me in one hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

b-but my log wheel will drain my health if I do that! :tears:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

naw, dunno about chikage but log wheel drains 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4% health per 0.1 seconds, rounded down. This means if you have 970 health (26 vit) one power up drains nothing.

e: but if I have <2000 health I wonder if that wouldn't matter for cursed dungeons. unless it goes by max health. hmm

kalel fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 2, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

this is very tense

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*me after fighting a souls boss*

that was the best boss fight ever. how is from gonna top this one--

*fights next boss*

f-gently caress

[ad infinitum]

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bloodborne is the only game I like to grind in. I love loading up a root chalice and either 1) plowing through enemies and bosses like a god if I'm overleveled, or 2) not knowing if enemies will be around the corner to annihilate my health bar in seconds/getting in the zone with bosses if I'm underleveled. also like to see what wacky paths the procedural generation comes up with

in short chalice dungeons were a good idea. wouldn't mind a boss rush mode but I don't think that would add as much replayability as chalices (not to mention that BB is already super-replayable without either). but that's just my humble opinion

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the random ones arent random either. theres a list of room types and then the loot and enemies are random. but the layouts arent. i dont really mind cos its a boss every 5 minutes

the layout of each floor is random though. the individual rooms are designed in a modular fashion, so any room type can connect to any other.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

ive ran into identical floors millions of times, and ive done like 60-100 hours of chalice dungeons alone.... so they arent random. only the stuff in them is random, and which type of floor u get. the actual floors are just chosen from some kind of list of possible floors or something.

I've played probably 50 hours of chalices and I haven't noticed this. Then again I don't know how many root chalices you've done. If there are dedicated floor layouts then there's gotta be more than a couple of them. I mean I know there are patterns to how the floors are designed (first room after the lamp is almost always connected to the drop-down room which acts as a shortcut, for example) but I don't think it's as discrete as you claim.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Lets agree to disagree

agreed

lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

schindlers list/sin city mode where the whole game is black and white but the blood splatters are all in color

one of the first things my friend and I did when bloodborne first came out and I was watching him play through was we turned down the color and upped the contrast on his TV. it was insanely cool and awesome imo. we tried turning down green and blue but it gave everything a dull red tinge.

if there was some sort of program or device where you could take every pixel on the screen and put it through an intensity filter, where dull colors defaulted to white/black/gray but intense reds would be output as red, I would upload a playthrough of the game with that filter on youtube or something

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's what I'd mod into the game:

a special taunt where your character lights and smokes a pipe until you move the control stick

a wearable pith helmet and english explorer gear

a facial hair toggle in the main menu

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

walking through the first four rooms of the first loran dungeon i got enough echoes to buy about a hundred blood vials.

chalice dungeons are good

loran is where the echo yield starts to really ramp up. isz is just ridiculous

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

can't wait for the bloodborne PC port to make all of these great ideas possible

Bloodborne: Prepare To Bleed Edition

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm partial to the good old blood rapture/oedon writhe combo myself

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive started 50 characters in bloodborne and done the same thing with all of them: axe -> kirkhammer. then the dlc came out and its axe -> hammer -> grinder

altho the moonlight greatsword is so cool it made me want to start an ARC char and i never got around to it

you're missing out on a lot sweet rear end weapons

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

never done ng+7 in any souls game before. hell I've never completed a ng+2 run

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol nice

I just got my code to predownload ds3 on steam. should I work the weekend and take off monday and possibly tuesday? y/n

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

pretty sure torch and hand lantern don't increase the chances of an enemy spotting you, which I always thought was weird

also, orphan of kos is kind of nuts

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I was thinking about bloodborne, and also about dark souls 3, which is LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS AWAYYY

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dark souls 3 is awesome. it took a little bit of time for me to warm up to it but it's really good. the bosses are great

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

conceitedguy posted:

Why not post about this in the appropriate thread, rather than the bloodborne thread? This is your final warning.

I'll stop, no need to be hostile. But I didn't get a first warning. And I'm not spoiling anything. And I'm not the only one talking about it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ds2 had a really troubled development, they had to redo the game halfway through and it shows.

des, ds3 and bloodborne feel like complete visions. ds1 was rushed so the endgame is not as polished as the rest but it's still my favorite game in the series

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the most ambitious game... is people

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

games is a cesspool only trounced by CD in shittiness

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

realizing I didn't have to lock-on to enemies, particularly with large bosses, was a huge revelation for me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ocarina of time is the worst souls game

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mildly Amusing posted:

frenzy is bullshit

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'd probably buy a legend of zelda game set in victorian england

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the souls games are probably more replayable due to the amount of different stats and equipment and other factors that go into a build

but I only have 1 month of psn plus left so I'm going to spend it attempting BB multiplayer and playing the ni-oh demo

scary ghost dog posted:

bloodborne is just stellar

astral, even

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

however I find that taking a break after attempting a boss for a straight hour is a very good thing to do. calms your nerves and clears your head

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'd love to watch a playthrough of a souls game by someone whose first from game was bb

imagine having attuned your skills to the speed of bb and then getting wrecked by early game dark souls mooks because you always dodge too early rather than too late

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I wish I could wipe my mind clean of everything I know abotu Bloodborne, and that every one in this forum chips in to buy me a Sony PlayStation 4.

can't help you with the former but I have an extra ps4 and copy of bloodborne

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dark souls is three games' worth of lore by itself. but maybe a third of game's story/plot

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

BB multiplayer with a friend is great. esp when you don't know if it's gonna become pvp due to blood drunkeness

btw does anyone know if it's possible to summon someone who has a password even if the summoner doesn't have a password? I was trying to get summoned by a friend in lower loran 2 and we set a password, but I got summoned by some other guy. he ended up creaming me in pvp lol

either passwords aren't exclusive or that was the biggest coincidence ever

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

threaded cane and farron greatsword are hard to use

hunter's axe, however... I pretty much only used L2 when I did a run with it. knocks back 99% of enemies and does nutso damage

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I only played like 20 minutes of the first witcher and never played bushido blade... guess I'm not cut out for Nioh :(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Benny D posted:

Some chibese website (ggn I think) asked Miyazaki about demons souls HD and (assuming the translation is correct) he said "we are moving on from souls to a new IP" sorry everyone

Edit I should include the whole thing

"Currently there are no plans to revisit the series. We are moving on from souls to a new IP. If one of my developers comes to me, say 3 or 4 years from now and says, "Please let me make a new dark souls," well, that is something I would have to consider."

good. i'm sick of the medieval setting. let's see some egyptian souls or a new mecha

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I also would like to see miyazaki not rest on his laurels and make something completely new and bonkers. that said a new soulslike IP wouldn't be a bad thing

In Training posted:

Id love to see Hideaki Anno make a Godzilla movie

lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

didn't think anyone would go for it tbqh

actually it's awesome and when I meet miyazaki I'll tell him about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

chain giant is an assfuck. got more frustrated with him than with orphan of kos tbqh. those jank hitboxes