Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

all the time, i even felt like an rear end in a top hat once cause i made the smoothest logarius kill ever (with BoM) and posted it inn the games thread like 3 separate times cause i was so proud of it

I want to watch that if you post it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

sure =)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2--yMMc6aqA

A few things about it that might make it a little better, I actually died helping this guy before (look at my hp, this is a glass cannon char) and was afk when I zoned into his world here. I lmao at the beginning because he is so scared of the boss you can see him cowering to the left behind a pillar waiting for me as I run in.

The blades of mercy just melt him and my only regret is i misstime my cool pose at the end cause logarius explodes much earlier after a visceral than I expected, especially after clowning him so hard. The only reason I coop is to do that cool pose at the end (seriously) (not joking)

My little stunt at the end carries zero penalty if you time it like that so I try to do that after every logarius kill. I just love this video!!!

Holy poo poo that's slick

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

What's a sky burial...

Leaving a body in a high place, like on a tall plateau, so birds eat it instead of it being buried in the ground

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm always impressed/confused when I see someone fight Rom without killing the spiders first. Every time I try to do that I get owned hard.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you'd shown that Vicar Amelia kill to me last March I think my head would've exploded. For some reason that boss beat the poo poo out of me my first time through the game, she was a nightmare to fight. Now I don't find her that hard but she seriously had my number back then.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You have to create a dungeon first in order to enter someone else's created dungeon via a chalice dungeon search. So you can't jump into a root chalice until you make one of your own, basically.

That said, yeah, there's no reason to keep generating new ones once you do so once.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I kinda feel bad for how easy this was...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9PIwVblcs

I remember when Amelia sent me into fits of utter rage, and I'd played and finished every previous Souls game multiple times.

Now she's easy, but at the time, for some reason, she just ragdolled me over and over and I just couldn't figure her out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

Amelia forces you to play Bloodborne style instead of Dark Souls style. She's impoissible if you play defensivley but if you go buck wild she becomes completely trivial, I love it

Yeah this is exactly what my problem was. I thought I was ready for Bloodborne because I was used to going no shield and dodging, but I wasn't ready to need to be really aggressive on top of that.

I beat Gascoigne first try because I made sure to get good at gun parrying early, though it was also a mutual kill which was pretty sweet (and was how I learned that that still counts in Bloodborne so I was pretty happy). But Amelia was a brick wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hello this game is free on PS+ as of today

Everyone please play some Bloodborne