Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Solaire has been found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The City of Londo in Dark Souls was modeled after real palaces in Russia, right down to the white doors.

The Building with the painted world entrance to it actually exists IRL.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NickRoweFillea posted:

Bloodborne is almost here.

It's here for me already.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
This game is beyond amazing a true successor to Demon Souls and Dark Souls.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

except it costs 500 dollars

strange my receipt says 29.99 after discount.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Swelter Discharge posted:

i want to play this game but i looked and theres not a single other ps4 exclusive out atm that looks any good so ill have to wait

The JRPG apocalypse starts in Quarter 2, Bloodborne is merely an appetizer

NIS and Atlus are giving it their all.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still wish for monster hunter style boss fights for a souls game. Granted it would mean the player characters would have abit more survivability. But all these references to hunting make me feel like I am playing a lie. For true hunting is Monster Hunter itself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also it;s funny watching people trying to use their gun as a long range weapon trying to snipe around corners. You're supposed to run up to the monster's face and shoot his face off at point blank range.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It looks like Bloodborne is going to continue to be it's own series, sony has the trademark or whatever to the name. So Dark Souls is multiplatform while bloodborne series remains exclusive.

There is certainly enough room in the world for three Souls series.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If it's to be believed Demon Souls might be revamped into a more hunting style game where you have Diablo 3 style bounties for post game thereby giving you way more to do than just PVP and making the game different and seperating itself from Dark Souls

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I witnessed a guy named "Massa" own the living gently caress out of a horde of those dark lanky tall enemy guys with his whip.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:siren: FROM SOFTWARE HAS SAID PATCH TO FIX LOAD TIMES IS INBOUND :siren:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Real Foogla posted:

Is this an exclusive or do the port it to PC later?

Sony paid for the development and owns the franchise name.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the hidden set of wearable panties are not some thong or g string, but a set of victorian era panties

Like the full legged grandma panties with a draw string.

Thanks for trolling those NUDITY IN GAMES ARE SHAMEFUL people From.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

can men wear them

Yes I think so, it's hard to tell who's male and who's female in Bloodborne though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

at least it'll be harder for people to cheat this way

The one thing about PSN is that they can check for cheats and alterations because this game was built around the PS4 unlike Dark Souls which had to appeal to the various needs of other platforms.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I never finished my current run of Dark souls all I need is Nito's soul and Bed of Chaos before fighting Gwyn.

I set out to get the secret ending but I can't remeber why i stopped playing, those two bosses should only take me an hour to kill before I face down the final boss.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

deleting my save file just to do this...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Apparently people are experimenting with trying to get the true ending to this game.

sofar what's been figured out is multiple playthroughs are required.

You have to do poo poo out of order each time.

The game invites you to sequence break, so you should do poo poo like kill the Queen when you meet her.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NickRoweFillea posted:

Do shining coins do anything?

They're like the pebbles you would drop in Dark souls, except they also light up and act as a light source.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
gently caress I got the Valkyrie Profile ending to Bloodborne, it's apparently the worst ending.

DO NOT KILL EVERY NPC IN THE GAME

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

NickRoweFillea posted:

Why would you do that in the first place

Free stuff

Also

you wake up in Andor Londo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well reading through, the hardest ending is the Childhoods beginning one and I think I should have done that one first because it gives you an extra boss fight you need to complete.

NG+ is rather unforgiving atm, like it feels really unbalanced. I'm getting Oneshotted by normal minions.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

I hosed up and skipped a boss and got my rear end handed to me by something I wasn't supposed to be fighting yet lol

Nonsense there is no such thing. All that means is dodge more.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nanomashoes posted:

Really anything with a ball+chain is loving terrifying to fight.

Yeah wives can be scary.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm trying to Platinum Dark Souls II because Bloodborne has not sated me.

Dark Souls II is loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong and tedious as poo poo.

after 15 or so hours I'm up to the castle and in the underground area. I just crushed the mirror knight's face in. And I'm going to need to go back to the zombie chruch fight on ++ difficulty because the summon dude was not with me the first time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

dark souls 2 is a 2 hour game beating every boss...sorry nooblord but get good or heck, don't try to plat

Yeah you can skip ahead to winter's shrine if you have enough souls, but Great Sword of the moonlight and that dragoon lady's achievements are two big pains in the rear end.

I also need all the gestures and all the covenants. I've only died like 44 times at this point.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's still a Heineken beer can and car parts in the trashpiles, they re-used the trash textures from Dark Souls, except now it's pretty obvious with all the higher texture settings.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if tru i should not be running around with 100 insight
Yeah you shouldn't be it's just to give people a challenge who want a challenge.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Larry Parrish posted:

I enjoy that this game looks like a reskin of dark souls in about every single way

why mess with perfection?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Larry Parrish posted:

Thank you. Any game Taint Reaper enjoys is definitely not worth buying. Guess that's the only possible reason to own a PS4 off the table.

If thats your metric you might as well buy an Xbox One

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

the bosses have their stuff randomized too? cool

Yeah they're like the Diablo 3 rifts. It's a very well done feature and I'm glad more games made use of it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah it's the words I say every time I die to a boss.

Don't waste your breath, just give the TV the finger.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Bloodborne has no bad ending just a series of good ones.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nanomashoes posted:

Although the game is more about fear of women & babies than of immigrants.

it's about Fatherhood, The Old One is Al Bundy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

it recommended me a bunch of videos that had people putting their pets to sleep. :(:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
First DLC pack for Bloodborne is called The Last Guardian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fredrik1 posted:

Of course the Witch of Hemmik isn't actually one witch. Of course I relax for a second waiting for the kill message only to get killed by her sister or whatever..

Only Souls game where there was a single witch was The Lost Sinner in Ds2