Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0FKfK0H9dY

it's gonna be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
this game might take away some time from my monster hunting, so that i can hunt more monsters in a higher definition and without the aid of friendly cats

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just saw a commercial for Bloodborne on the television and had to post about it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
its so close

so close

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
In a very roundabout way, I think I got spoiled on some things. That sucks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bloodborne is almost here.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zen death robot posted:

I'm buying MLB 15 this week

whos your team

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This game is really awesome, but these loading times are abysmal, especially for a game that expects you to die a lot

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i was running through the sewers with the nasty giant crows and the weird vomiting men and audibly yelped one time. this game is loving sick

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
whats the number by the open eye underneath your blood echoes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

insight, i think that's for summoning people and poo poo

thank u. i dont think im that far. this first boss fight is really fun although the camera goes wonky pretty much every five seconds. im really enjoying it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
wait is there a boss before gascoigne? what the gently caress how did i miss it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

its on the same bridge as the two werewolves or whatever the hell those thigns are

well poo poo, im going back and fighting him first. i dont want to miss a fight in this game, theyre too much fun. it reminds me of monster hunter a little bit, where taking down a really big bad guy gives you a rush

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

you can buy a new weapon after you kill him so definitely do it

thats good. i picked the sword cane because im a big dumb whip mark, but i wish i had picked the saw blade

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

deadwing posted:

Don't buy the saw blade it's a drop in the next area, get the cool axe instead

oh snap thank you, you and 01011001 are awesome

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i tried to take a break but i had to go back

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got the music box from the little girl let's use it to kill her dad :hellyeah:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
father gascoigne has high poise or whatever and the cane wasnt doing poo poo to knock him back. i got the axe and it worked wonders

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i appreciate the lack of a shield now, it makes parrying with guns much more important and makes the game more difficult

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

hubris.height posted:

cleric beast is a really good boss looking dude

the camera angles on that bridge are atrocious

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got mad at Bloodborne because I'm a scrub so I went to the gym and ran a pr mile. Thank you Bloodborne.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mach2 posted:

so does this game suck or not

It does not.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Do shining coins do anything?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the challenge

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The Taint Reaper posted:

gently caress I got the Valkyrie Profile ending to Bloodborne, it's apparently the worst ending.

DO NOT KILL EVERY NPC IN THE GAME

Why would you do that in the first place

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I picked up the top hat clothing outside the cathedral and a giant invisible thing picked me up? What the gently caress

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SunAndSpring posted:

I think you gotta talk to him while wearing a certain set of gear to make him calm down.

What clothes do you have to wear? I tried loving him up but he has a lot of life and the kirkhammer is super slow, whereas he is super fast

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
sorry hotline miami 2 but bloodborne is now goty for me

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i made it to what looked like a church in old yharnam with a bunch of burning crosses outside it. i saw inside that there was a big thing just sort of breathing and waiting. i said gently caress that and ran to safety and used my blood echoes in peace

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
also finding a shortcut in this game is the most relieving thing, jesus

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
its so loving hard trying to stay unspoiled. im already reading stuff and asking questions about things that i havent gotten to yet. i need to take like three days and just game through this and enjoy it before i learn too much instead of discovering it for myself.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

deadwing posted:

found my first npc summon sign before bsb and goddamn did he go down like a loving chump with jolly cooperation, had no idea about his patterns but he only hit me once

feels good man

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got killed by a man with a bag and woke up in a new area? I made it to a lantern and lit it to go home and now I can't go back?

I love this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
There are two extreme rear end in a top hat npc hunters by the Vicar and they suck

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
God drat that shotgun hunter is an rear end in a top hat

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm kinda surprised I haven't found a single twin stone shard despite maxing out my weps after like the first boss.

I think the spooky bag guys that hit like a ton of bricks drop them pretty regularly

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

see, i tried that, then he just rolled into me and then i died. i got him eventually though by drop attacking him

ps ludwig's holy sword owns, its everything ive ever wanted in a sword in a souls game

is it better than the kirkhammer. ive been putting my points into strength, vitality, and stamina so far

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
how well does it scale with strength because that's been my go to stat pretty much

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I think I read the kirkhammer eventually gets an s level scaling with strength so that's why I've been sticking with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

that worthless gamer needs to get good at souls games. what a bitch