Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

this game is extremely good and i cant stop playing it. i just got past rom, ive been able to oneshot every boss but the cainhurst castle dude wrecks my poo poo. hes loving tough. im just gonna come back to him once ive got +9/+10 stuff.

Some of his casting animations are long enough for a backstabbing visceral if you stay close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I pulled out the dark souls instruction booklet for the first time ever and it says some strange stuff. Like:
"VAGRANTS: If you drop a certain item or lose a large amount of humanity, those items and humanity move to another players world and form vagrant enemies."

Is this something that didn't make it in or do I just not know what it meabs

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Yah. It was a cool mechanic and it made me think how could it would be to have a monster hunter style optional boss in a souls game that runs around the world and you keep bumping into it in new places.

There were numerous bosses in what I've played of bloodborne that made me think "why can't I climb on this thing and stab its face"

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

hot tip 2: use the kirkhammer to keep them stunned till death for ez souls. actually, just use the kirkhammer. for everything

I used a Ludwig +8 in that area abd thy never posed any challenge

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm really glad Miyazaki is in charge of the world. I liked ds2 but anytime you go back to it after bloodborne or dark souls it just feels kinda bland and lifeless. The dlc is cool though

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That branding iron is the thing that sticks out of bonfires. I'm pretty sure that was the ritual mechanic that was talked about earlier for creating bonfires

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Watch this guy kill the shadows at lv4 in ng+7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a87LVI-_ks

Some people are good t the video games. Some people.......are great.......

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have never not used the covenant shortcut to skip most of that area so I have no idea how bad it really is

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

tfw chikage hunter is at 15% but bae keeps trying to show you pictures on her phone

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

they had to patch the dragonbutts to do nothing unless you physically touched them (before they all ganged up on you and it was loving horrible lol) and i mean really its just a big empty wasteland and you hear the lava BROARBROARBROARBROARBROAR and its boring but not terrible

bed of chaos is one of the worst video game bosses in any game, ever though and so is Ceaseless

I remember the easy kill option for ceaseless being simple but I tried doing it today and it wouldn't work

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I never played the DS DLC...

The DS DLC bosses are super fast & incredibly aggressive. Kalameet is still one of my favorite souls bosses. It's a giant dragon in a giant open canyon area

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do I have to consume the cords right before the boss or do I just have to have consumed 3 of them during my playthrough

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

"Dark Souls is my life’s work," he replied. "Everything I came up with for Dark Souls 3 is based on my personal preferences. However, Dark Souls 3 is also actually the turning point for the franchise."

Pressed on whether he would explore the sci-fi or mech genres, perhaps by applying the Souls framework to them, Miyazaki said he "definitely wants to bring the Miyazaki Touch" to them.

Miyazaki, who previously served in directorial and design capacities on Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, was appointed president of developer From Software in May 2014.

As part of his remit as president, Miyazaki intends to launch "several new projects," but didn't specify what these would be.

"I do want to work on something new," he added. "I’m pleased to hear people are interested in seeing that."

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I think the first time you play your first Souls game it's not a bad idea to read about the stats and plan something, but after that you can play any other blind, since you have a better feel for the games design.

My first dark souls playthrough was blind and boy was it awful. I had no idea what any of the numbers did, didn't know that upgrading was better than levelling, attacked Andre and couldn't upgrade anything, attacked Solaire the first time I saw him, by the time I got to S&O I basically knew my run was done. It's funny how every souls game you get to a point where you think starting all over would be such a journey but then once you do it you blow through everything that was really hard before

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

demon souls remastered on ps4 with no item burden please

Honestly I think I'd rather have a Scholar style version of Drk Souls with the second half either complete or somehow reimagined with all of the quality of life stuff from DS2 and better coop connectivity

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

they already have all the money in the world from how outrageously popular the souls games are in general

i mean the ps4 has been carried almost entirely by bloodborne for like a year

Souls games don't sell like people think. They get a respectable number but they don't do serious AAA figures. Bloodborne has sold somewhere around 2.6m copies vs the 22 million ps4s out there

I can't find budgets for any of the games but I'm sure they're getting cheaper to make considering 2 reused a ton of assets and the teams are already comfortable with the tools

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

One of the best Souls Feels is coming to an area on your 3rd or 4th character and running through levels in under 5 minutes.

Clearing 1-1 in minutes & throwing flames on your halberd & killing phalanx in four hits

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

So that the world might be mended...so that the world might be mended.

Touch the demon inside me

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Micolash was really easy and merges wet nurse seemed hard until I realized you can stagger it to stop the fog cast. Also I had enough stamina to roll through the entire fog cycle anyway lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Finally beat Chikage hunter. I guess the trick is to never swing more than once and always keep your hp full.

Blades of mercy +10 are sick :getin:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I wonder what the budget of demons was.

There's no public figure but I found an interview where Miyazaki says when the American version was released "175,000 units sold would be considered a great success" so it couldn't have been very high

When they were making bloodborne they expected to sell "around a million units" and they thought that was being generous. Apparently they were very surprised when it broke 2m

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Flying Squirrel posted:

It is all thanks to This Thread for inspiration

The win was with you all along, gamer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He appears younger than his 40 years, despite the grey pallor of his face – the result, perhaps, of too many days spent under the fluorescent lights of his studio, by a dirty underpass in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo. He is clearly admired by his staff, who, one of his team quietly admits, will apparently call him for personal advice while he’s travelling overseas.

After working on the Armored Core robot-combat series, he heard about a game in development elsewhere in the studio. “Demon’s Souls wasn’t doing well,” he says. “The project had problems and the team had been unable to create a compelling prototype. But when I heard it was a fantasy-action role-playing game, I was excited. I figured if I could find a way to take control of the game, I could turn it into anything I wanted. Best of all, if my ideas failed, nobody would care – it was already a failure.”

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

According to that interview he started on bloodborne immediately after the dark souls 1 dlc was released. It seems the dlc bosses were prototypes for what he wanted to do in BB and I think it really shows

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gigantic bloodletting beast is ruining my afternoon

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind lol switched from BoM to ludwigs viscerals and murked him

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If I'm doing the chalices in the order I get them for the achievement will I come across beast claws at some point or do I need to look for them in a special chalice. I think it's the last weapon I need for the achievement

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Depth four chalice is already pretty rough. Its hilarious opening a door and having 10 summoned spiders rush you while you desperately sprint around and search for bell ladies. I'm excited about d5

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Abhorrent beast is not loving around

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Does anyone know who directed the kings field series? it wasnt miyazaki was it ?

Miyazaki was a programmer on armored core before he sort of usurped the demons souls project

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This defiled chalice might actually break me.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

But I have been. I'd love to summon help but psn has been acting up. I don't wanna be a tool and ask anyone here for help but if psn starts working again I'd love to

I'm benny_dorian add me & I will help you defeat this monstrosity

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Sprint to the levers. Visceral the first boss to death. Dodge left and get hits in on second boss. Circle last boss counter clockwise and get hits on head when she swipes with three right arms and arm slams. In the last phase, get behind her and beat her tail and legs. When she jumps, don't move and you won't get hit. Repeat. Win.

Watcher was difficult but watchdog is wrecking me. I'm baiting the bite to my right and dodging left but I'm barely doing damage and half the time he follows with another bite that kills me

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

can't get any help outside t1r. I can find people to co-op for though

I'm retarded and I started a new game cycle but I'll be there by tomorrow think if you still need help

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I love bloodborne but this NG+ is really disappointing,

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

So Bloodborne has procedurally generated dungeons? Is the map always the same for a particular type of dungeon or are they constructed from blocks? Sounds incredibly cool regardless.

Each chalice has a tile set, room set. And each room has a set of possible conditions (enemies, traps, etc). Is not uncommon in the deeper chalices to get bosses as regular enemies. You can also add conditions with special ingredients like cursed (half HP) or rotted where there's tons of poison pools & enemies

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Everything in memsis can two hit me.

Sprint past everything.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

01011001 posted:

even in lower chalices you occasionally have an undead giant hanging out somewhere nasty

Personal favorite is keeper of the old lords patrolling with two of those nasty werewolves

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I sprint past everything as well, but only after I've fully explored every nook and cranny in my first two playthroughs

I had 99 insight when I got there and didn't know about the connection between frenzy & insight to be fair so my options felt limited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I know the schedule was really tight for this game but NG+ being exactly the same is a little lame. I fully expected the forbidden woods bosses would spawn the giant snakes right away but alas