Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

if I just kill Alfred, can I buy it?

i think so. you should complete alfred's questline though, its sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I tried a few times last night. I think I've gotten the patterns but she has a ton of health and basically every move one shots me so it's going to be a tough one. Can you actually stun the boss? Neither a fully charged R2 on the head or a cannon shot to the face did anything

You can get a visceral after enough dmg to the head, so try to bait that headbutt. She shakes her head before the charge iirc, so watch out for that

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

in my iopinon, the stake driver is the sickest quality weapon, as i feel incredibly powerful while using it. it has drawbacks, but the heart wants what the heart wants

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

one must always respect the weapon with the single strongest attack in the game

using it on NPCs is intensely satisfying

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

has ne1 done a lvl 4 play through yet? does the low defence make the chalice dungeons nearly impossible?

haha i love his tiny little health bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRJD6dHdjIs

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

apparently if you parry them, the parry window gives you i-frames through the frenzy going off so you take little if no damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc

whoa sick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i bet we get Bloodborne dlc details at e3 in two weeks. are there any locked doors they never end up using, or is it gonna be like ds1 where they just add in a new NPC and different location. Pretty easy to do considering the nightmare levels already exist in some different plane and there could just be a new portal somewhere to transport you

the floor hatch thing inside the byrgenworth building always looks super suspicious to me, but i hope they just spawn a golden golem inside the iosefka's cave that you have to reload the game after killing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there's one locked door in the cathedral ward, where if you go down the stairs away from the big square to where the giant with the ball and chain is chiling, there was a chest down a hallway with a locked door behind it

that one connects to the door on the bridge after the first boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6UN9kehuig

theres no known way to unlock it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i wish there was more of the lovecraft "eldritch thing beneath the water" than just one boss fight. a sunken city that you can still run through would be so cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a big club that can shoot bullets out the end, like a penis, or a kirkhammer weapon where you slam the short part into a big metal church bell on your back, again in the style of a penis

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I've spent most of my time in the character creator.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol. I've seen some of your monstrosities from past souls games, does Bloodborne have the same level customization where can make insane crap again

Absolutely. I started clapping and hooting once i got a nose to dip inside the mouth

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe. theyre at least as good as eachother anyway.

the kirkhammer has the highest hitstun across all of its 2h attacks, but they come out slower than the ludwigs, so its just sort of a different balance

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

doing the kirkhammer jumping attack is super satisfying in a way that other weapons cant match

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

jumping attacks my favourite attacks in every souls game. what they did to them in ds2 was a crime even if they were intensely powerful in ds1

i picked DS1 back up so i could fight Gwyn and get pumped up for DS3, and i think i killed him with like 5 jumping attacks with the black knight halberd

heavy weapons and big hits felt so great in ds1 and im stoked for their return

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

gascoigne is one of my favorite boss battles of all time

i really love how theres no fog wall the first time you go into boss fights. stumbling into him when youre not expecting it is so intense

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

good halberds are hard to find in the series, so im really grateful for how impactful the trasformed axe feels

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i keep on wondering if i would like the chalice dungeons more if they were pleasant looking, and sunny, and not dungeons

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

If you do hemwick charnel lane before Amelia while it's still light out, the shadow women giant things don't spawn outside of the actual boss

its one of the nicest looking places during the daytime, its great

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i think the big soot monsters only spawn with 15+ insight, but ive only been through there once at night so who knows

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Demons souls is still a fully sick game. kinda related bc this is the souls thread, and I've been playing it recently

what kinds of weapons and spells are you goin for?

I heard that the boss souls make some badass spells, so im excited to play it soonish

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

silver knight sword + scimitar dual wield. its pointless but i wanted to have a character that doesnt have the grass crest shield on its back and u can parry with curved swords

the scimitar is so sick.. i cant believe i never really used it til a week ago

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Demons had a spell that let you delevel other people online and make them lose stats permanently, which is loving badass.

I used to be against the idea of the scraping spear when I first heard about it, but the idea of having a weapon that causes people to commit suicide when they see it is just too badass

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I need to know the name of this weapon

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

my brother's ps4 broke and he didnt wanna pay for the repair cost ($150), so p much i got a ps4 with bloodborne and a few months of ps plus for 150. ill be playing this in a week or two

thats a seriously sick deal, enjoy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i like to put the fire paper on my whip, just for fun, because it looks cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

vagrants and drift item bags are the coolest poo poo
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/vagrant

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

does ne1 know what the difference between a drift item bag and a vagrant is ?>

you know how when you drop something you see a sort of translucent item bag on the ground? a drift item bag is when you find one of those from another players world. theyre spawned from the list of items on that wikidot. if you dont pick that bag up, itll then travel to another player thats in your same pool of players, and if ten people dont find/open it, it becomes a white/good vagrant

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

someone went through the effort to compile all of the games dialogue, and its massively enjoyable to me and maybe you

Youtube playlist

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the path to the password door is off to the side of that church giant graveyard, behind one of the assumedly now sleeping giants

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the cramped caskets are weak to elemental damage, but theyre still a pain in the rear end. its cool when they drop a blood gem tho

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

People like to use knives on the beggar abhorrent beast because both of his spawns are right next to doorways he can't fit through

i think there are a bunch of poison knives on the ground right before him, so it makes sense

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it sounds like theyll be letting people capture video of DS3 gameplay but its embargoed until aug 5

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

kool. i will be buying this on day 1... i dont think it will be as amazing as ds1 or bloodborne if miyazaki isnt doing the gameplay tho.

miyazaki is basically doing the gameplay, its not going to be a DS2 situation especially now that he's leading the company

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wondering what style of multiplayer they'll go with. I enjoyed bloodborne immensely but it was essentially single-player.

And soul memory in ds2....

miyazaki's already said no soul memory and that summon signs will be returning. also, snap-in backstabs are back as opposed to the ds2 poo poo. kicks and parries are ds1 style but iirc there wont be snap-in ripostes, instead theyll just be left open for big damage

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

or at least all of that stuff is true circa E3. early bloodborne footage had blocking in the game, so who knows

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

id like to buy DLC that wiould give me more save slots in the Create a Character thing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sick as all hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ2ahQU2WN0

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

and more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha8eRiP0DmI

its gonna be a big and horny day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982