Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i am going to spend $640 to play one loving game i am a pathetic moron and shouldn't be allowed access to the money i make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the first 2 bosses were really easy but still fun to fight

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the snake clusters are loving disgusting

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
martyr logarius is a loving human being and i want him to die gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
so far he's killed me more times than every other boss in the game combined (~10 or so) and i haven't even gotten him under half

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It will click. I had the same thing until I finally triumphed in a string of perfect parrying

the ranged form is raping me. it feels like there are so many moves he can do when i'm in the middle range where there's no room at all to dodge.

i've just figured out on the last few tries the proper thing to do is be forever circling him rather than trying to time an attack like with other bosses and then to parry when he goes for a melee attack, so i've earnt the right to be destroyed by his second form

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
gave up on logarius and went and killed rom (who was super easy). i guess i was too low level given i wa sdoing half the damage people in videos were

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
this game just took a hard turn into essex county, massachusetts

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I tried to beat logarius like 5 times and failed each time before leaving to watch hockey. It's probably the only boss in the game I have troubles with I suppose. Today I'm going to play until I beat him because gently caress him!!! Stupid blood wizard!

i found him pretty hard and died 12 times or something (haven't died more than twice on any other boss). the reason i found him hard was that he's a bit different to other bosses, at least early on. in his first form you shouldn't try to time his attacks at all, just dodge continually behind him while hitting him until he starts meleeing and then go for a parry before backing off and starting it up again. the second form people on the internet said was hard but i thought he was fairly easy to time with parries

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
36 hours to finish the game.

highlights were killing that creepy guy who wanted to help people in the tomb of oeden cathedral and accidentally killing arianna when i was killing her mutant baby

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

apropos to nothing posted:

axe is really strong as the starter weapon its what I picked my first time through and the 2 hand form owns. I've run through several times though and I think my personal favorite is the saw cleaver cause its so quick and versatile

the strong attack on the axe is really insanely good. the fact it cleaves all around and hits twice is really useful

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i didn't kill the support women on the one reborn on ng or ng+

i'm better than this game...

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

micolash fight is so good jesus

i didn't hate the fight but thought it was insanely trivial. especially once you realise the beast roar thing interrupts him in the second phase so you just beat him to death while he does nothing.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i was never able to break them up into individuals and would always get two but then it turns out they have real trouble getting through doors

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it's possible to get behind ebrietas's arms in a way that when she tries to sideswipe you she actually pushes you behind her. i thought the fight was okay aside from that charge which hit loving everything

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ps4 controller is the greatest wired controller

the headphone jack is nice but i really prefer the 360 controller's layout

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i've died to laurence like 30 times now. if the camera gets backed into a wall i can't see him to dodge, and all his moves do such huge damage and many of them do it in a massive arc around him that i'm finding it incredibly difficult. i've killed everything else and if i don't finish him before dark souls 3 i'll feel like i've failed at this game.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i finally beat that fucker. loving laurence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

I.N.R.I posted:

a boss rush or something would be nice since thats what i really like about chalices. with some difficulty options like the cursed effect. but i suppose it wouldnt really fit in with the narrative so i dont expect it

was thinking this while running the chalices yesterday. this game is built for boss rushes in the same way dmc 3 and 4's bloody palace modes were perfect (gonna keep up the dmc analogies because i see the games as vastly differently paced but with some similar combat appeal)