Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm going to get it and have fun >:-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
while I don't think this game will have the same replay value as DS1+2 just cause theres fewer covenants, less reason/ability to pvp and co-op, and seemingly less build variety, I still really like the move back to a strong single player game with great level design and better story telling. in a year I probably will have spent more time playing DS2 than bloodborne, but bloodborne is by far the superior game. it owns

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
logarius is hard, you can use the boss arena to your advantage though. theres changes in elevation on both sides and so if you run away from him when youre getting hammered it can help break his line of sight and give you time to heal/pop a bone marrow ash/get ready for him to charge at you so you can parry it. keep moving and dont try to force openings just be patient

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
amygdala is weak in general as long as you target the arms and head. possibly the easiest boss in the game, up there with the witches, micolash, and celestial emissary

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the smaller number of checkpoints is one of my favorite things about BB. In DS2 there were so many bonfires in each area, some of them were ridiculously close. BB has just one, maybe 2 per area and tons of shortcuts back to them which means the levels loop back on themselves and so there's overall better world design.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Bloodborne is so good that the only criticism you can level at it is whiny poo poo like we're doing complaining about 2 checkpoints being too close. There's a few other things just as whiny as that but basically BB is great and its got me pumped about the next dark souls or whatever from puts out. Its just such a good game, controversial opinion I know but someone has to say it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I think the cleric beast might be the worst designed boss fight in the game excluding chalice bosses which I haven't done all of yet. I haven't ever died to it but I think people picking up the game for the first time, especially if theyre new to souls games would struggle. It's got a poo poo camera that makes locking on frustrating, it's a relatively narrow arena which makes it hard to dodge, the attacks track more than you would expect, and it has a lot of HP; all this and most people will prolly first run into it before they even level up.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah amygdala is easier than it should be, especially considering how intimidating it looks. Making the arms the weak point was a cool twist on an old classic but theyre just too easy to hit, maybe if it didnt slam the arms down as much or maybe if the head was really tough like the legs so you couldnt just shoot it to death. I dunno

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
axe is really strong as the starter weapon its what I picked my first time through and the 2 hand form owns. I've run through several times though and I think my personal favorite is the saw cleaver cause its so quick and versatile

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I died to vicar amelia more times than maybe any other boss fight in any souls game my first time through. second time through I got her in one try so you'll be fine

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I had no problem with her my second playthrough but logarius on my second playthrough is going to give me a stroke because of how many times I've failed it at this point

logarius is a hard boss, I've never struggled with him like that but its one of the few fights where I feel like I can die at any moment

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

The OST for this game is sooo good, I find myself listening to it on repeat at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZWpYGuqsHI

This is definitely one of the best last boss song's ever.

the father gascoigne boss music is maybe the best video game music ever it sounds perfect for the fight, especially the second half of it that starts in when he transforms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA614N3IHD4

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its a great fight, second only to father gascoigne which is maybe my favorite boss fight ever

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah if you are lighter in ds2 you'll roll farther than if you're heavy, but your i-frames are determined by your agility which you get from adaptability and a little from attunement.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I died to vicar amelia like 20 times on my first run ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
This game has ruined other games for me, anytime I try and play something else I play for a bit and realize it's not as good as Bloodborne then just start playing Bloodborne instead.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Have you tried Splatoon?

I don't have a wiiu which sucks cause I hear it's real good. And yeah, Witcher 3 is good it's the first witcher game I've ever tried and its definitely got me hyped for what CDProject Red will do with Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases eventually but Bloodborne blows it away no question and it offends me on a personal level that witcher 3 was getting reviews as good as BB on release

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm like Gehrmann trapped in the hunters dream, destined to play BB for eternity but without a waifu and with a hover-round instead of a wheelchair

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Is this your first souls game? Because playing demons woke me up fully, as a gamer, and now I only play Nintendo, souls and metal gear games, and am a much happier person.

I've played all of them in order prior to this one, but it still continues to confound me how miyazaki manages to outdo himself every single time, like it's hard fathom how the game can be so good

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
that's one of the the best parts of souls games: strugglin on a boss and gettin to the point where you wonder if you'll ever beat it and then you finally do by the skin of your teeth but when you replay the game you get to the same boss and beat it on your first try with no trouble

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the hardest enemy for me in the whole game is just the generic snake men in the forbidden woods. I've prolly died to just some shmuck with a snake for a head more than any boss in the whole game

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
apparently if you parry them, the parry window gives you i-frames through the frenzy going off so you take little if no damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm actually curious how Fromsoft would handle a sequel to this assuming they do one. All of the Lovecraft poo poo in the game was kind of a twist that I don't think many people expected and they kept all that pretty well hidden leading up to the games release. I just wonder if there's anyway they could recreate that in a sequel or if it would be more like DS2 where it feels like the plot and worldbuilding was just "you know the deal, go kill poo poo"

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
100 is where most people stop to pvp so if you wanna pvp or find people to coop with thats a good place to stop. If you just wanna play through the game into NG+++++ and clear all the chalice levels and poo poo while sometimes invading or cooping then just level up as much as you want

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you'll be fast friends soon

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
same thing happened to me one time when I got too cocky and was trying to burn her down too fast

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol isn't one of the early hintertomb boses just one of those giant pig enemies? :effort:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

01011001 posted:

i went skill/bloodtinge this time because i went str/arcane last time, just in time to miss the patch that buffed both and buffed the beast claws. i killed him with the reiterpallasch, i underrated it a bit at first but it's cool. finally got the timing of parrying his air-dives down

skill/bloodtinge makes the game super easy. the chikage does real good damage in it's buffed mode and you can kill bosses with just a few gun shots if you really want to

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

the level of dedication exhibited by fans of the souls series is both inspiring and terrifying. the duality of man.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Rom is always a coinflip. I either run in there and beat it taking no damage or get killed in a single ice shard volley or something right at the beginning

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I pretty much do what you do INRI, kill spiders then take her down to about half health, then when she respawns just kinda run in a figure eight around the spiders getting hits in on her when she's not flailing or slinging ice. usually works fine but sometimes I just can't dodge the ice or I'm not paying attention and a spider hits me

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

The micolash trick is really easy but it doesn't really change anything about the fight

I haven't heard of the trick before, is it what this dude is doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ5k7NtAdBA ? because from the looks of it that seems like more trouble than just fighting him straight up, which is pretty easy

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I just spam the dodge button like a moron when I see it and it never hits. If you stay close to him I think he won't use it either, he'll only use the tentacle thing instead

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

alright bump. im doing my sl 10 run ... the forgotten madman can kill me with a single gunshot and roms spiders can 1 shot me too. i think every boss from now on is going to be able to kill me with a single attack. normally i wouldnt even think twice about him but how the F am i gonna beat the One Reborn

very carefully LOL

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I saw somebody do a sl10 run against THE ONE and they basically just ran in hit him once and would then run for cover behind the pillars around the arena. they also would alternate between hitting his face and hitting his back because I think hitting his face made him do some face slam attack which left his back open and hitting his back made him likely to do an aoe attack that were easy to predict ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I finally beat Indoor Rom last night after a lot of frustrating close losses. When j finally beat him it was because I checked my equipment and realized my wheel was at 2/300 durability. I repaired it and popped a beast pellet and killed rom in 6 hits before he warped a second time and felt like a retard and did the Jim From the Office face out my window for a bit

something similar happened to me where I kept dying to darkbeast cause I forgot his weakness is his legs and I was wasting all my efforts trying to attack his head cause I mis-remembered that being his weak spot for some dumb reason

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
wait the beast runes reduce falling damage?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the chikage hunter is harder than most of the bosses. try to bait him into using the blood attack mode on his katana and attacking him when its active so he wont parry you. also when you see him dodge, expect him to follow up with a pistol shot immediately after cause he does that poo poo a lot. after he gets past half health and he's blown his heal he wont transform to the blood mode anymore so dont span attacks or he'll parry you. its a hard fight, may the good blood guide your way

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

01011001 posted:

does he only have the one heal?

yeah a patch changed it so the npc hunters only get one heal iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I heard ds3 is gonna have different weapon forms or styles, it'd be pretty cool if they made that work like the transforms for weapons in bloodborne where you can switch mid fight or even mid combo