Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm actually holding off on playing more because i'm hung up on bosses right now and get frustrated by dying and waiting patterns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Nanomashoes posted:

Alfred:
•Hunts down the corrupt vilebloods, killing those that would prey on the weak.
•Number two man of Executioner Logarius, a super powerful boss.
•Stops Annalise from corrupting more hunters, a feat that even the player can't accomplish.
•Kills himself in the most honorable way after fulfilling his dreams and trusts the player to carry on his legacy.
•Pure aryan genes

You:
•Fat
•Ugly
•Vileblood scum
•Live in your mom's basement
•Have to drink the blood of a demigod before you feel safe invading people
•Can't even handle a real fight with an executioner
•Has to invade noobs to even stand a chance
•Cheeses everything with the cannon

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I think the worst designed boss fight is amygdala, because it's so easy, nothing really interesting happens and there's a cooler version of a nearly identical nature later in the game.

i'd second this, and add that it also has some dumb camera issues when it leaps. i'm not sure if its working as intended or not, but you can go ahead and stay locked on when something jumps behind me, from software, i won't complain about that. this is a super minor annoyance, though.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Patch 1.03 is LIVE folks, load times are now 5 - 15 seconds.

woha poo poo nice

gonna wreck some bosses 2nite

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the daughter of the cosmos is hard I keep getting her to 25% and then she command grabs me to 0% :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

apropos to nothing posted:

logarius is a hard boss, I've never struggled with him like that but its one of the few fights where I feel like I can die at any moment

I just beat him solo it was hard and basically I'd you don't interrupt his channeling at 50% his attacks become uninterruptible and the fight is then impossible

Good luck

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
he's a wild and crazy guy bent on jihad

he has 72 virgin bloods

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i dont think he can be parried if he succesfully uses his blood buff.

this is true

if you do not interrupt that move you are gonna have a bad time

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
those are just intended to be eaten right? cause i just did that and i am looking forward to the super boss

ariannas baby made me lol really hard

that boss fight where you chase that retard through a castle is like my favorite fight

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i haven't used it on a boss yet but when i use it on the npc hunters it does like no damage i'm kinda disappointed

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'll give it a shot next time i attempt the daught of cosmos

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

NickRoweFillea posted:

i completely understand that, i was just referring to the whole atmosphere of the fight. Chasing a madman around a fog-laden library in a nightmare while he hoots and hollers about eyes in his brain was very spooky and cool, to me

hell yea

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
beat the daughter finally felt loving awesome

got the real final boss fight

kinda sucks that I gotta beat the game 3 times for trophies but it will happen anyway

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

Im going to beat it 20 times

hell yea

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
:agreed:

the phase where the ninja poo poo happens was really cool, but ultimately its pretty low threat

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

seiferguy posted:

If you copy your save file to a USB stick before the final boss fight, you can beat the game, then copy your save over and then redo it twice to get all 3 trophies.

#gamechanger

already ate the baby parts and told an old man to gently caress off so its too late for me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

the boss after that is no joke though.

word

one of the most rewarding feelings in gaming taking that bitch down. wife was like 'woha settle down tiger god drat'

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea, ^^^^^ is right, the best strategy i found was to stand at middle range (any range where backstep can get you out of her arm swing) and eventually she will head slam.

i was level 87 and it took two full charged R2s to force the visceral, which you can only do by getting two seperate head slams. honestly, i don't recommend using lock on for the fight. take her down to half health, then use beast powder + cannon to bring her down to 25 percent.

if she uses arcane missles you can literally just keep walking in one direction and you will take 0 damage, don't dodge out of them. god speed, she is a monster

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I can get her down to about 25%, but will she do the flop at that stage? haven't seen it yet, I'll save cannon shots for that point maybe

daughter of cosmos? yes, but its not as useful then because she is faster and its so much more rare because she has so many other moves

i got her to 25% with the canon blasts at 50% and then she started charging a move, missed, and i was able to chump it out on her sides before she took another swing at me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i beat the last boss last night. what a weird ending lol. kinda wish i'd gone and got the one tool i was missing before that, but i think i might be able to jive with new game + for the souls to finish getting every weapon.

alternatively: might just roll a new character. means unlocking everything again tho ughh

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kurtofan posted:

that beggar dude seems like a nice fellow, let's invite him to odean chapel.

no don't

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kurtofan posted:

He transformed into a big fluffy monster

he keeps trying to give me huge bear hugs

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

*clicks on a motherfucking Kotaku link*

kotaku celebrates their first good article since their inception

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

This is the best game ever made

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm honestly hyped for my second playthrough, so much stuff i get to reexperience that i forgot and discover

like that guy at the first lamp after the first ladder that you can talk to. i never talked to him in my first run and he explains a bunch of cool poo poo!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does using the headphone port on the ps4 controller reduce the quality or sound less good than using a receiver with headphones??? i haven't really tried it yet

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea that's a lovely part of the ps4 but it is such a problem that I've stopped unplugging the remote entirely so I don't think that will be a concern

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ps4 remote is constantly plugged in so i might as well use the port on the controller

didn't know that about usb headphones though thats cool

e: also the spotify poo poo on ps4 is the greatest thing, it is an awesome time to be a gamer

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ps4 controller is the greatest wired controller

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

It would be nice if in bloodborne you could go take a boss' dried up blood to a weird bird lady to exchange it for a cool new weapon

yeah i kind of miss that mechanic, but i understand with every weapon having two distinct movesets that they would focus on making the weapons that were available really tight instead of adding a bunch of minor upgrades

plus you only get one rock to upgrade a weapon to +10 per playthrough

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The secret final boss is so gross looking and does some absolutely crazy poo poo!

it manages to be an awesome boss in spite of being ridiculously easy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the first time that happens is some intense poo poo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

beat yarnham queen yesterday... super freaky boss. just need to kill ebrietas for platinum now... except im on ng+3 and shes too hard 4 me -____-

good luck

she's hard on every ng but at a certain point like all good souls bosses it just clicks

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bloodborne dlc for smash bros confirmed

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sony had a press conference a few months ago to announce that they're going to release the ps1 version of Final Fantasy VII on ps4. It's like, come on dude.

they also said not that long ago that they would release psx emulation for ps4 at some point but haven't said anything since so

nice. is ng+ really hard enough that i should be demotivated from playing it, or should i suck it up and plat this game?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does she power up from being ng+ or is that based on the kind of dungeon you create?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

stoutfish posted:

logarius and the first hunter are great fights, look forward to them.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rediscover posted:

ludwigs is the best weapon in the game, i think

you think correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i haven't tried using the blades of mercy yet, i just bought them on ng+ and need to get high enough skill

are they as fully sick as dual daggers should be?