Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I been watching videos of some guy who went through the whole game and Bloodborne looks to be related to Demons Souls in more than a few superficial ways, but I don't know for certain if that's just From trying to be coy and reference their own games or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I've established a good precedent of losing all of my souls from the entire preceding level after dying to something dumb just outside the boss room. Made a lot of progress last night but I'm something like 40k-50k souls lost now to dumb poo poo and I'm pretty much out of blood vials and have been since killing Bloodstarved Beast. Game's so good except for having to farm vials.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

at that point in the game the best place to get vials is the great bridge lantern imo. 8 on the bridge (2 from the mummy and 6 from the wolves) + 4 under it from the 2 mummies.
This is what I've been doing. Still a pain in the butt, though. I thought I had so many stored up and then the game's just like 'naw.'

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I'm mostly using the axe and really liking it, overhead smashes and whirly spin attacks are my thing. Killed Vicar Amelia my first try, is she supposed to be tough? Had a bitch of a time against Paarl but got him down once I figured out how to stagger him. Also lost another 30k souls to some bullshit enemy on a run to his arena. Don't play mad.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

kosm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I rushed to claws on a new character in DS2 and made Toal from Ys.

Unfortunately dual claws are pretty underwhelming even with recommended poison infusion and covenant rings. Still pretty fun to co-op and do weak damage spinaroonies on bosses.

Also finally beat Shartyr Pissgarius last night. Felt good about that until I stepped into the nightmare of Mensis which is just wretched.