Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fredrik1 posted:

I'm gonna make a change.org competition to get bloodborne out on steam.

I don't have money to buy a PS4.

Someone beat you to it: https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

But goddamn people don't understand that Sony published (and co-developed) this game so I'm not sure why they're expecting a release on anything but a Sony platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SM64Guy posted:

as long as they arent dark souls 2 bosses that were all the drat same ill be happy probably

What was wrong with the ds2 bosses?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's a wooden shield in the game, but it sucks and the game more or less mocks you for using it in the item description. The correct way to play is to stun-parry dudes by shooting them in the face then attacking them.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No mercy for elderly

No mercy for wheelchairs

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

NickRoweFillea posted:

found rom. whats up with the old guy just hanging out on the lunarium

You should kill him. He drops one of the sweetest runes in the game (ups item discovery).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was running through the forbidden woods at a very high level grabbing a rune I missed and attacked one of those Resident Evil-4 infected guys and he summoned 4 mini-snake balls around me who bit the poo poo out of me, poisoning me and almost killing me. Game owns.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Glenn_Beckett posted:

these insight suckers are piss

Wait till you get to Mensis and meet the singing brains.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone got the beast fangs? I've finally gotten a dungeon that dropped level 4 blood rituals to loran dungeon, which I need to beat to get to the ailing loran dungeon that apparently has it. That weapon looks sick.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The watchdog in the cursed dungeon is such loving bullshit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got platinum on this game. Feels good, man.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The beast claws are the best weapon, by the way. I took down the final boss and only had to use 1 blood vial with it.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Its a shame that the coolest weapon you get comes right as you go into NG+

You can get an alternate version in one of the ailing loran chalice dungeons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I beat Logarius on my first try so I guess I got lucky, but I was also pretty over leveled too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

zen death robot posted:

Later enemies are harder but there is also a bug where if the game has been left on with the ps4 "rest mode" then the bosses AI get dumb as hell

I tried that in the defiled chalice dungeons and Amygdala didn't get any dumber for me. In fact I'd say she got harder cause then she started doing attacks that more or less made it a lot harder to hit her head. Results may vary, and they're supposedly fixing that in 1.03 (alongside improving load times).

Anyway, bosses that I beat first try:

Vicar Amelia
One Reborn
Darkbeast Paarl
Martyr Logarius
Celestial Emissary
Mergo's Wet Nurse
Both final bosses (I beat the first one and only needed 1 blood vial - beast claws bitch)
And a variety of chalice bosses

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's weird because I struggled like crazy against the Shadows of Yharnam, but that's probably cause I tried to get everyone's health down equally instead of focusing on one of them at a time. Rom gave me tons of issues, and it wasn't until I got a goon who knew what he was doing to help me. Ironically I met Rom in the chalice dungeons later on, and he was super easy once I got my equipment set the way I needed it to be.

I still can't beat Ebrietas in the chalice dungeons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sector_corrector posted:

blunderbuss and axe, which i'm not really liking so far. i can't believe i'm getting owned by the early game. i feel like such a scrub.

The axe takes some getting used to. My preference is to use it 2H and then learn the timing on the R2 charge attack. If you do it correctly, it knocks the enemies down to the ground and then you can go in and easily finish them off.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Alternatively, wait till after Rom and come back to befriend the gunner guy. Then you can be best bros.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
From nerfed the cannon. It now takes 12 bullets instead of 10 :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I maintain the beast claw is the best weapon. 2 handed beast mode just wrecks everything and the offhand hits will stagger most enemy attacks. I was fighting Vicar Amelia today using Ludwig's sword infused with a firegem, then halfway through switched to the claws, and started doing way more damage at a faster rate.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

01011001 posted:

i just got the claws but drat if they aren't alteady my favorite. holy sword is probably stronger though

It depends on the enemy because the holy sword is great for arcane scaling, but in terms of DPS I think the claws got them beat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hubris.height posted:

beat the daughter finally felt loving awesome

got the real final boss fight

kinda sucks that I gotta beat the game 3 times for trophies but it will happen anyway

If you copy your save file to a USB stick before the final boss fight, you can beat the game, then copy your save over and then redo it twice to get all 3 trophies.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you think Ebrietas is hard, try fighting her in the Isz chalice dungeon. I have yet to beat her. She's a goddamn nightmare.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Chalice Dungeons are like Bloodborne's version of Warframe. Procedurally generated levels that you go through in hopes of finding good loot, but at most all you'll find is crafting material to make newer dungeons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I didn't think much of the plot of Bloodborne until I explained it to a friend, and realized how awesome it was. When I told him you have to rescue a whore then kill her demon child and eat the umbilical cord of said child, it comes to light how great of a story this really is.

I then went on to explain that this can all be undone if you invite the wrong dude to the cathedral because then she'll get eaten by him. His mind was blown.

The great thing about the game is that you can play it and enjoy the gameplay, or you can get into the plot. Either choice works.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

hubris.height posted:

does using the headphone port on the ps4 controller reduce the quality or sound less good than using a receiver with headphones??? i haven't really tried it yet

I don't notice any quality issues, but your DS4 battery will drain faster on top of the already poor battery life.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I found the whip to be only useful against the Pthumerian Queen since the reach is useful for preventing her baby screams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqb6x9f97y4

She's pretty easy otherwise. After going through some awful boss fights to get to her, the game rewards you with a pretty easy fight.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

rom in the chalice dungeon is a real motherfucker

His blizzaga attack can't go through pillars, so hide behind them when he uses it. I found him to be a lot easier the second time around (for reference, I struggled like hell with him the first time).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I.N.R.I posted:

pwnmed ebrietas even faster in isz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qD_MaCJbVQ

might be fastest chalice dungeon kill on utube? not that i looked very hard... i dont even bother to use bolt paper and stuff though and i got hit twice so it could be faster.

Hot drat, what was your gem setup for your sword?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

The fastest to get and best skill weapons are:

Kill Djura and Blood Starved Beast -> Ludwig's Holy Blade

Kill Eileen the Crow -> Blades of Mercy

DON'T kill Djura or Eileen and clear all the way through Rom, Paarl, and BSB for Ludwig's, or all the way through Rom and the hunter of hunters quest for Blades of Mercy.

Rush to Cainhurst and settle for Reiterpallach or manage to kill Logarius for Chikage.

This list doesn't include the greatest weapon, the beast claw:

Get the tonsil stone after entering the forbidden woods -> be grabbed by Amygdala and sent to Nightmare Frontier -> beat Amygdala for Ailing Loran Chalice (beast claws are in level 2 of this dungeon).

edit: you do have to farm ritual blood(4) which is a real pain, so if you're going for speed, this will take time. But the claws are so worth it.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 20, 2015

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I.N.R.I posted:

the claw is soooo good but i switch to ludwigs for bosses

The only issues with the claw are it's range sucks compared to Ludwig, and the durability is one of the worst (which really isn't that big of a deal). Everything else about that weapon is ownage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

01011001 posted:

if http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes is correct then rocks drop at depth 5 now

apparently beast claws got a buff, lol

What really? They already owned and now they're better? Yessssss