Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Sharmat posted:

I too have a negative opinion of this cult classic. You can tell it's right because it's different from the popular opinion.

It actually does suck because it's nowhere near as good as civ4 in terms of its design. But it spouts nerd quotes so it's good right.

Also Sid Meier's Starships is kinda like pirates but instead of being a free wheeling trading game the metagame is closer to 4x.

I thought it kinda sucked though cause the tactical battles weren't very interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Coolguye posted:

the design shop in SMAC is Good

if you instead prefer static unlocked units you're basically a big gay

the design shop in smac is like, pick the best unit you can make and design it

hey look its civ5 combat again watch me annihilate the ai because of this mechanic

hey guys lets put in a unit that can work any tile you want with no need for cities and population this thing sure won't be broken

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
There are way better unit designers than smacs particularly in space games.

• Locked thread