Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I didn't really follow the Beyond Earth thing, how badly did it gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I just got mildly put off by it being something kinda trying to bank off nostalgia for Alpha Centauri but simultaneously trying to distance itself from Alpha Centauri. seemed suspicious

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
So they basically did the thing where the new game they produced is more or less just a mod for an older game released at full retail price?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

StashAugustine posted:

sid meiers gettysburg is still the best pc strategy game ever made

it is

I made the Confederacy win the Civil War and am personally responsible for slavery limping on in the Americas for many decades afterward

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Sombrerotron posted:

in some parallel universe, out there somewhere, gamers are now happily playing a next gen master of magic

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

i recommend disabling the voice acting but that's probably just because that is the way that i played it first.

Yeah, I recommend this too, for people with gay human being fail aids

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I sound like the Utwig dude IRL and I am sad that anyone doesn't like my voice acting

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Galciv is one of those games that is incredibly polished but entirely unoriginal so I can see having that attitude towards it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

Alpha Centauri loving sucked. That's how you know every game claiming to be the successor loving sucks.

I too have a negative opinion of this cult classic. You can tell it's right because it's different from the popular opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Not as good as Civ 4 does not mean "it sucks". That's a really high loving standard

• Locked thread