Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

was his name even on Beyond Earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

metacritic aside, what is this game and is it any good/has anyone played it?

How does it compare to other 4x space games? I want to play one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

its literally vanilla civ 5 but in space. so it's crap

are you talking about beyond earth or starships?

beyond earth seemed like "civ 5, but on an alien planet," when really what i want is civ in space, with a little bit of polish

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

but what about the actual space game, did anyone play that? civ on a different planet is one thing, but i want actual civ in SPACE

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

maev posted:

Its time for nerds to realise that games in space are bad

go play star control 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

LuiCypher posted:

Not only that, it's free in the form of Ur-Quan Masters.

it's free, in my top 10 games, and has aged fairly well for how ancient it is, in video game terms.

i recommend disabling the voice acting but that's probably just because that is the way that i played it first.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

Yeah, I recommend this too, for people with gay human being fail aids

what the?! that doesn't sound like an earnest recommendation at all!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ONCE I NAMED ALL THE CITIES AFTER AGES OF MYST AND I CALLED MYSEF ATRUS, BUT I REFUSED TO GET ANY VICTORIES BECAUSE THE ENDING HAS YET... TO BE WRITTEN.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

whoops, sorry, i left caps lock on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

one city frequently featured in the civ games for the greeks is Pharsalos, which sounds a little like farts-a-lot, if you think about it.

• Locked thread