Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best?
This poll is closed.
Sweet Tea 2 66.67%
Pepsi 0 0%
Arson 1 33.33%
Diet Dr Pepper 0 0%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

As always guys, with user games of importance I am willing to wait. Texas and I are planning on playing tonight, so whenever you guys get it in we'll advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

Dio unless we get an ok to wait until the weekend of the 14th want to try Wednesday night at 11PM eastern?

I don't want to make the league wait that long. I'll try to do Wednesday at 11

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We good for tonight Tejas?

e: So many INTs (7) collected by VT lead to a 56-10 score. I got a number of short fields so total yardage ended up not too far off each other.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 3, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

Diodeous posted:

I don't want to make the league wait that long. I'll try to do Wednesday at 11

Keep me posted if you can or can't. I'd be waking up at 0430 local to play this so I don't want to wake up early for nothing. If we have to wait so be it.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be there

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Heading to bed for the night, I've left the game logged on in the dynasty so I can roll out of bed and get this started. Look for my invite cause I likely wont be responding to yours.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

Heading to bed for the night, I've left the game logged on in the dynasty so I can roll out of bed and get this started. Look for my invite cause I likely wont be responding to yours.

Sounds good

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
edit: ah there you are

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Slywalker13 posted:

We still on DIo?

Almost fell asleep lol logging in now

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC over NC stae 18-7. What a bizzare game from my side of the controller. Never had my punt returns have such an important impact on the game. Gibson goes 3-13 as he throws to wide open guys with the wrong force (my fault) or leads even more open guys out of bounds (not my fault). Sad that I missed the shutout by blowing that one third and long you had but as usual, my D bails out my anemic offense.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Definitely a defensive struggle. Neither side managed more than 200 yards of offense and my defense came up with some big stops. What a strange game. Good game buddy

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well the Coastal Division is basically wrapped up since I've beaten my two user foes and won't face another this season. Atlantic division I think is down to the GT/UNC winner.

I'll advance this when I get home tonight.

I feel its entirely possible that it could be Sly's year with the level of defense he's been playing. UNC remains the only team to best me in the regular season, and his defense is ahead of mine in the stats for like the first time ever.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Hey now. 2 seasons ago I did the same thing and led total/pass/run yardage as well as points. This is the best D I have ever accumulated however so far my stats are with only one user game. Time will tell. I always have difficulty stringing together a consistent season but I do feel like if I was going to do it any year this one is going to be it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
UNC has been my biggest upset so far in this dynasty, I'm ready to do it again!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Rebalanced divisions made a super competitive Atlantic (if Dio hadn't been unable to play some CPU games that could have been a 3 way tie potentially), and the status quo remains in the Coastal.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Rebalanced divisions made a super competitive Atlantic (if Dio hadn't been unable to play some CPU games that could have been a 3 way tie potentially), and the status quo remains in the Coastal.

The status quo will continue to remain because I just won't be able to compete with your rosters now. That and you're still using voodoo against me.

E: This is the only league you dominate me in. I can only beat VT in the BCSCG.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

The status quo will continue to remain because I just won't be able to compete with your rosters now. That and you're still using voodoo against me.

E: This is the only league you dominate me in. I can only beat VT in the BCSCG.

I vowed when I picked up NCAA 08 back in the day that I would make VT an unstoppable juggernaut. I feel after many years I have finally accomplished that mission haha

Take solace that you'll prb always own me in the SEC and we can continue to split the B1G. I also whole heartedly believe that if the Cap'n were still in the league we'd all be bowing before the mighty Cocaine Tigers of Clemson.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 4, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wait...there's a chance I could sneak into the BCSCG isn't there?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Wait...there's a chance I could sneak into the BCSCG isn't there?

Maybe? I haven't looked at the rankings, but our users mostly comprise the top 15 so it's not outside the realm of possibility. ACC SOS is p much unassailable, I can't give anyone a less than B+ rating kinda out the box.

I am at this point debating moving us into a round robin so we can play more user games. I would rather play everyone in the dynasty with so few of us and forgo the title game. Thoughts? Might make the rematch in a bowl more likely, but it would also mean more chances for some wacky standings results.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 4, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Embrace the chaos

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
100% down for eradication of divisions

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Season 7: ACC, you've changed, man....

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Remaining user games:

Week 11:
NCSU vs Miami - aka NCSU always draws the worst coastal teams for crossover games

Week 12:
BC vs Miami - 2nd place in the coastal to the winner

Week 13:
UNC vs GT - Atlantic Division title game

There would be more if the Capn still lived his CPU team has done well for themselves.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, we still trying for 630 or 730 cst

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

JB, we still trying for 630 or 730 cst

Yup. I can say for sure it won't be 6:30 because I forgot about a coworker's happy hour.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Okay, I just can't start any later than 730 cst. GF is already unhappy I have a game tonight at all

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Girlfriend was surprisingly okay with me telling her I have a game tonight, so maybe starting as late as 8:15 CST. Just give me a time when you know one

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Umm sorry guys I didn't get back in time for this if I'm reading it right?

P sure it is Miami NCSU.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I won't be able to get mine in until Thursday at the soonest but more realistically Saturday

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU over Da U 35-21. Turnovers doomed the Canes, but great game as always

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You can go ahead and put me indefinite AP. I can't play with a QB who can't throw, and an oline that can't block. Been looking for a reason to drop and I've found it.

GG Dio

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Didn't we determine that the no XP bug is because you are coaching a previously user coached team? What if we were to bring in a new non ACC team?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Didn't we determine that the no XP bug is because you are coaching a previously user coached team? What if we were to bring in a new non ACC team?

id rejoin if you realign and bring in a non user played team. im staying alive in JBs B1G out of pure will despite the xp bug. a team where i can get xp will keep me interested.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let me take a look at the teams who haven't been touched (Louisville). If I had XP I'd stay but my QB couldn't even throw to open out and slant routes against Dio.

E: If the XP comes back I'll give Louisville a shot. ZSB, what's the password?

John Brown fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 8, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

id rejoin if you realign and bring in a non user played team. im staying alive in JBs B1G out of pure will despite the xp bug. a team where i can get xp will keep me interested.

Let's see if this works first, and if so, we could get you another squad in that dynasty.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
There is no guarantee that picking a previously-unused team will result in you not getting the bug. We've definitely tried that before.

Sometimes, you get the bug, sometimes you don't.

I joined a dynasty in its season 2 and picked a previously-user-controlled team and did not get the XP bug. But I got the bug here and I don't think anyone had GT before I did in this incarnation.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

There is no guarantee that picking a previously-unused team will result in you not getting the bug. We've definitely tried that before.

Sometimes, you get the bug, sometimes you don't.

I joined a dynasty in its season 2 and picked a previously-user-controlled team and did not get the XP bug. But I got the bug here and I don't think anyone had GT before I did in this incarnation.

If I knew the password I'd quit and rejoin over and over until I got rid of the bug haha.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I have almost no idea at this point what the password would be. goons maybe? I can prb set a new one in the commish settings. I'll give it a shot.

Let's not forget the only reason you aren't a lvl 50 coach is yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not a lvl 50 coach because I chose to come back after being asked to do so by multiple people.

That was a random comment.

• Locked thread