Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best?
This poll is closed.
Sweet Tea 2 66.67%
Pepsi 0 0%
Arson 1 33.33%
Diet Dr Pepper 0 0%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

I'm not a lvl 50 coach because I chose to come back after being asked to do so by multiple people.

That was a random comment.

I'm just saying you are grumpy about 1 down year with 2 losses, you can't quit in your heart of hearts, so stop threatening to leave us all the time man. We've colluded on recruits, I've offered to boost stats for you to make up for the XP Bug (open to all our affected players). I'm just kinda tired of seeing you say "Well this team isn't good enough so I quit" when there are guys like Wreckus rocking BC which is at a way worse advantage even with the coach XP. I guess man keep playing, I know it kinda sucks with how one sided the coastal has been this year (I've clearly got some good stuff rolling there), but next season which we are almost to we will play round robin against everyone.

At the end of the day you're more successful than most of the guys we play with even in here (2 national titles, you own 1/3rd of the potential titles in this league). So I don't see why the fact that you lost to Dio is like your nail in the coffin.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Didn't intend to come off as bitchy. If there were any replays you would see that on 2 of the picks I threw my WR/TE beat their guy with an out/slant route, but my QB's arm is so weak that the defenders recovered and intercepted the ball. On another play I got picked off in the end zone because my QB sucks at throwing bullets in tight spaces. There were also several plays where Dio's defenders busted up run plays like Clowney.

From a defensive standpoint, Dio simply had to run commit and force me to throw on long downs or tight spaces to stop my offense. Also, I was running for my life on nearly every pass play because the left side of my oline is laughable, and he was user-rushing from the right. All this with having an updated playbook to cater to running the ball. I was actually being literal with that initial post-game comment.

Had I remembered that the bug is random I would've asked for the PW so I could quit and rejoin repeatedly until it worked correctly. Even with the accommodations that you guys have made in recruiting I would've ended up with maybe 4 or 5 guys rated 74 or higher, and that's assuming no EA bullshit happens in the last few weeks. I'm too competitive to be okay with that.

Of course I'd stick it out for as long as I can if I could get the bug to go away. I just completely forgot about that. More times than not it's fun losing to you.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I will straight up bring your Oline into the 80s, I'll even make that offer to anyone in this dynasty moving into next season. Your QB is a Soph or some such he'll get a better arm, my first season with the Vols was straight loving brutal for that exact same reason, just couldn't push the ball there.

The bug is ruinious, but EA doesn't give a poo poo so here we are. I will basically make whatever accommodations required to keep this thing afloat haha.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

No lie, Dio is now very good at using run commit and making it happen. I've never counted on it except at the goal line or 4th and shorts, but poo poo he stones me so often with that. Dio and cletus throw some really obscure defensive formations out there.

Totally missed my double post whoops.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 9, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think me beating Piper was the nail in his coffin, too, so I hope that I'm not becoming the barometer for bad

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I think me beating Piper was the nail in his coffin, too, so I hope that I'm not becoming the barometer for bad

Piper was just too lazy to recruit and then sold his 360 I'm p sure. So many good participants lost to the ages....

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm finally hitting my stride and everyone wants to dip

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I really just want the poo poo to work. If you can figure out the PW I'll continue to rejoin and drop on a weekly basis until it does. I'll even start with switching to Louisville. I'm okay with losing as long as I know I did so with everything in my control.

Now a few years ago I was a sourpuss because I didn't understand what it took to build a contender in this game haha.

And Dio, you've gotten better but be careful with run commit. Play-action will be the death of you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I've had the bug in this dynasty since I started and unless people have backed off recruits without me asking just to be nice, or unless ZSB has done anything behind-the-scenes that I don't know about (we had talked about boosting some of my guys once when I felt like the bug was holding me back too much recruiting-wise, but I never followed up on it), I'm just cruising along, bout to upset UNC for the second time in this dynasty and make my way to the conference championship here for the first time.

You won't believe this one crazy hack I found for recruiting..

IT WORKS!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

I really just want the poo poo to work. If you can figure out the PW I'll continue to rejoin and drop on a weekly basis until it does. I'll even start with switching to Louisville. I'm okay with losing as long as I know I did so with everything in my control.

Now a few years ago I was a sourpuss because I didn't understand what it took to build a contender in this game haha.

And Dio, you've gotten better but be careful with run commit. Play-action will be the death of you.

YEAH YEAH WE'LL SEE NEXT SEASON

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey ZSB, you're coming after the #2 ATH who has me at #1 and the #4 C who has me at #1.

Leggo my eggo :(

(figured I may as well use this power I have!)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Hey ZSB, you're coming after the #2 ATH who has me at #1 and the #4 C who has me at #1.

Leggo my eggo :(

(figured I may as well use this power I have!)

I shall consider your request, although honestly I don't think I'll catch you on either one. I've been behind and my visits were in early so I have little hope of gaining. If we are still into it going into the off season I'll put my points elsewhere.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I shall consider your request, although honestly I don't think I'll catch you on either one. I've been behind and my visits were in early so I have little hope of gaining. If we are still into it going into the off season I'll put my points elsewhere.
The scary thing is I only have 10% scouting done for each of them, I haven't been able to afford scouting them more yet. If one of them is like some massive gem I wouldn't expect you to just drop that one for me, but thanks for your consideration. :)

Remember Josh Griffin and Zac Coker - GT NEEDS BALLERS. BALLERS = YOU.

If you don't think you'll catch me on one, I would appreciate you backing off completely though - I think I could free up some recruiting points on at least one of them where it's just you and me and then a big gap, which would be helpful for things like the aforementioned scouting. :) I can't let up at all if you're on them since you gain 200 each week on me - even if the visits for me are still coming, that's maybe 2-3 weeks of additional recruiting points on your end that would probably cover it. No biggie though. I think they know they are ballers.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 10, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

JB password is goons.

e: Cletus the ATH is yours as I have a player of a similar ilk already committed that I like better. The C I'm not prepared to give up on yet, as OLINE of a decent caliber are hard to come by.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 11, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

e: Cletus the ATH is yours as I have a player of a similar ilk already committed that I like better. The C I'm not prepared to give up on yet, as OLINE of a decent caliber are hard to come by.
Thanks dude! These points are tough to come by, and 10% scouting is almost useless. :)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

JB password is goons.

Thanks! I'm going to keep leaving and rejoining so feel free to advance without my consent until I say otherwise. I've tried about 5x so far and haven't had any luck.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

AFAIK leaving and joining has no discernible impact. I think early in the days of this bug someone on the OS forum tried and the success seemed random

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Sorry, I missed the advance, I'll get my game in today.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC blanks Clemson. Cap'n must have left his team with a pass heavy AI, unfortunate as I couldn't reach my bonus goals for visiting D-line men. Oh well.

Nebraska and Clemson lost which may allow someone to back into the NCG.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think that means we're all r2a.

I was looking over my roster this morning (because I'm weird and dumb irl) and was kind of surprised at how many players I have that aren't from NC. I know part of that is the stranglehold that the ACC has on the Carolinas, but I found it interesting. I only had 4 starters from NC and 3 from SC and weirdly, two starters from IN.

QB: 1/4 from NC/SC
HB: 3/6 from NC/SC
FB: 0/2 from NC/SC
WR: 1/8 from NC/SC
TE: 0/3 from NC/SC
OT: 2/5 from NC/SC
OG: 1/3 from NC/SC
C: 1/2 from NC/SC
DE: 3/6 from NC/SC
DT: 2/6 from NC/SC
OLB: 1/6 from NC/SC
MLB: 0/3 from NC/SC
CB: 1/7 from NC/SC
FS: 0/3 from NC/SC
SS: 0/3 from NC/SC
K/P: 2/2 from FL

[/autism]

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Debate is over on those 2 recruits you locked up the C this advance.

There is a user game I posted it earlier, I'll be gone Thursday-Sunday morning this week so let's aim to advance hopefully by time I return.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You know...it's really bs that the CPU can use the locked out feature and schedule visit during an advance.

Anyway, Wreckus we're up. I'm going to stick with Miami for the rest of the season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You know...it's really bs that the CPU can use the locked out feature and schedule visit during an advance.

Anyway, Wreckus we're up. I'm going to stick with Miami for the rest of the season.

EA Magic it cheats in the game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i still have an invite i should ressurect Pitt

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Wait I missed that cletus has two losses? I think that means the ACC CG is pre-determined now barring a CPU loss.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Wait I missed that cletus has two losses? I think that means the ACC CG is pre-determined now barring a CPU loss.
drat did y'all get my hopes up for nothing?

I only have 1 loss in our division, but I'm not sure that matters for CCG?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

drat did y'all get my hopes up for nothing?

I only have 1 loss in our division, but I'm not sure that matters for CCG?

ACC rules (not sure about EA silliness) looks at conference record.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

ACC rules (not sure about EA silliness) looks at conference record.
Do you have a conference game this week you can throw so we can make things interesting?

:2bong:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
If the computer can somehow beat me with negative total yards I shall...

... consider it but most likely not.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

John Brown posted:

I should be on mostly every night this week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

i still have an invite i should ressurect Pitt

Come on back brother. Take whoever you want.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I should be on mostly every night this week.

Let's try Thursday night around 9pm CT.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Thatll be perfect for me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Thatll be perfect for me

Sorry, but can we try for Saturday around 6-9pm CT, or any time Sunday?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, thanks for putting up with my poo poo but I need to drop. Some recent life happenings require that I have more time, so by process of elimination I'm dropping for the ACC.

Hopefully someone dethrones you before this league ends.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

ZSB, thanks for putting up with my poo poo but I need to drop. Some recent life happenings require that I have more time, so by process of elimination I'm dropping for the ACC.

Hopefully someone dethrones you before this league ends.

I doubt it, but once we go round robin the chances will certainly increase.

See ya in the other ones buddy.

Wrecuks, play that game if you haven't we'll advance once you do.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
In as FSU, and no XP bug! Lets go internet football.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Dubious posted:

And a glimmer of hope shines for cletus.

If you want to wipe the result from our game this week I can play sometime this weekend probably, like afternoon time eastern.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i got in late, so it's no big to me. i was accepting the loss and using the rest of the season to develop freshmen and sophomores. got an ok, not great, recruiting class.

QB is going to suck for one year, since I couldn't grab one early. Oh well :v:

i can definitely make time, but won't hold us up.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

What...the...gently caress

• Locked thread