Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I don't understand the popularity of ASEs. They're bullion, so if you can get them for near spot and you like the design then cool. But I'm not paying a premium for modern silver coins with no historical value or scarcity. I can get plenty of cool 19th century silver coins from places like France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, etc for similar spot premiums to ASEs. And they are a lot more interesting and historically significant and their supply will never increase and they will only get rarer over time. I guess that's why my growing collection is 90% European.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
the Flying Eagle has a really cool design. It's disappointing that it was also the first of the small cents. I collect larger coins that I can hold, carry, flip, etc. Anything smaller than a half dollar usually doesn't interest me. If the Flying Eagle had kept the same size as the Braided Hair it replaced, I'd probably have one in each year.