Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benf199105
Apr 10, 2010
Love some of the stuff on show, any goons with a recommendation on the best containers to store coins in?

I've inherited a small collection, probably about 100-200 assorted coins, some in awful condition (aka plates of metal) and some in good condition, so I wanted to store them.

What holders are you guys displaying your coins in /who produces them? I'm reticent to just buy a no name book off Amazon that might damage the coins any further.

(UK Goon if it makes a difference)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benf199105
Apr 10, 2010

DominusDeus posted:

Air-Tites, Kointains, Saflips.

Some new purchases;
some silver:

1 troy ounce poured bar

Provident Metals' second Privateer 2 ounce round

Goooooold. Birth year (pure luck) South African tenth ounce Krugerrand.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at some of those sites.

In the mean time, I hit up a tiny little numismatics shop/museum run by an eccentric old guy in my town and he sold a bunch of coin holder wallet sheets for now, just so I can get the coins I inherited out of this lovely plastic tub they are all sat in. One of the cooler coins he had was a coin from Alexander the Great, think it was about 320BC (i'm bad at dates), most of the stuff was run of the mill, but hopefully he has some secret collection I will find one day.

In my first real dig into the box of coins I was left, I found 2 1964 Kennedy Halfs which I've heard are somewhat collectible/worth a couple of bucks, but they're both in poor/terrible condition, but hey, thats my first cool find in my new hobby.

I apologies for not have a beautifully polished / UNC coin to show, I will do at some point I hope!