Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Newest pickup.

Oh! I have one of those too, it is in a near mint condition. Some guy used it to buy beer and I bought it off the clerk for five bucks after he left. There was another time when I was in a Walmart and they were setting up their cash drawers and and i watched the girl crack open a roll of quarters and I noticed how it sounded different, I asked to buy all her quarters, her manager came over to approve it, and score! Ten bucks of various circulated pre 1964 quarters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

meat police posted:

Silver Gold Bull has a cool little deal where you can buy a 10toz silver bar at spot price. Similar to JM Bullion's beginner pack but with the bar instead of 10 1toz generic rounds.

Hey, Thanks, I just picked one of these up because of you.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

meat police posted:

Ended up settling for 2 Swiss 20 Francs, 2 Sovereigns, and finally got my feet wet with some pre-33 US. Was a fun run, I think I'll start keeping my eyes out for pre-33 over anything else.

Neat, I have one of those 2 1/2 Dollar Indian heads around here somewhere. My grandfather found it in a drain in an old house.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Super Waffle posted:

Prices are lookin reeeaaal low these days. Anyone picked up anything lately?

I grabbed a '23 peace dollar just to carry around in my pocket. Not that exciting. Coin place near me has a bucket of em on the counter. They do have a lot of neat stuff though, a wall safe bigger than my apt. and racks of all kind of carded coins, gold and silver that they must roll in nightly. And easy couple of tons.