Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I seem to have inherited my great uncle's stamp collection. Doing a brief look through I couldn't find anything of extraordinary value so I'll probably give this away at the earliest convenience. He seemed to know people from all over the world judging by the countries he had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Turbinosamente posted:

Are they still attached to envelopes? I've always found first day covers and the like to be more interesting, but they take up so much drat space. I've got one with the original letter from a hotel in Europe explaining to the recipient that they looked, but could not find the alarm clock she had thought she lost by leaving it in her room there. My stamp collecting is definitely on hold, maybe for forever at this point, as it's so drat huge. As far as I can tell you weren't anybody if you didn't have a stamp collection in the 1960s so that's why there are so many collections out there getting inherited, mine included.

There's a massive book of ones that aren't attached to anything and another smaller one with the OG envelopes still there. My mom gave me her loose collection too, those are probably getting trashed. She also had a small coin collection but I didn't grab that, instead I went with the star trek christmas ornaments