Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

A guy at the swap meet is selling morgans in pretty decent condition for $19 each. Should I buy them all up? Assuming most or all are last year ones.

Hows the outlook for silver as an investment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Thanks for the responses. i saw a different seller at a different swap meet selling morgans, priced at $40 and $60, and I asked him if he had any $20 ones, and he said he would pay me $23 for any I had, which made me think $19 was a steal. But I guess the guy was a fool.

Sesquiculus posted:

Got a few more ancients in this week:

My most expensive coin purchase to date, a silver tetradrachm of Athens struck around 454-404 BC.

I see you got quite a few choice pieces within just a few months and havent posted in a while. Are you still actively expanding your collection? Or did you get burned out on it, or just taking a break?

I got the Alexander coins, a couple beautiful greek coins, a bunch of key roman emperor coins, and my next goal coin is the athenian owl coin, and then someday a gold stater.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

It's payday and silver prices are below $16, I might have to give in and buy a few ounces :negative:

Where do you buy your silver from?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

APMEX, why do you ask?

Lookin to buy up a few ounce bars, and I trust goons opinions.

Going on my own, I may have bought from a source that isn't going by true troy ounces, or some other kind of business a silver nub like myself wouldn't be aware about.