Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Shampoo posted:

No idea!

Still no idea!

The collection is super neat, but all over the place. How do people display coins?

They're both Austrian and if I'm reading them right they aren't really money as such, more like vouchers.

Kassenschein roughly translates to "money certificate" and this particular one is for the area of Bad Vöslau and good for 10 Heller

The other one is basically the same except it is valid in "the lands of Oberosterreich" or Upper Austria.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I figured I should bring a gift to the thread before I come in here asking questions. :v:

So here's a neat little thing.

2 kroner coin celebrating the 60th birthday of King Christian X of Denmark. I doubt it has very much actual value, but it is neat. (I'm also pretty surprised at how well my phone camera handled itself)

Now for my question, is there an easily searchable database if I want to find coins and notes with space travel motifs?

MrBling fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 17, 2018

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I was shown some old bills at a family thing today, figured I would share them with you guys because they looked really neat. The 3 rouble note was very worn, to the point where it almost resembles a colour-blindness test.

1 rouble, front and back. - 1961

3 roubles - 1905

5 roubles - 1909

10 roubles - 1909

and then a little Austro-Hungarian thing which if my rusty German hasn't failed me, is a bank note you could exchange for a 1 krone/koruna coin.