Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

I was gifted the coin (and bill) collection of my Father in Law, it looks like mostly WWII era money, with a decent supply of Nazi coins. Some of them are quite corroded, but I imagine they weren't working with the best metals towards the end :v: A bunch of occupied Japan coins and bills too. I'll see if I can dig them out and take some photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Someone in my wife's family a while back was into coin collecting. The coins (and paper money) made it to my Father In Law, and then me. There doesn't really seem to be a theme to them, but there is a lot of pre-war, WWII and immediate post-war coins and bills.

No scanner right now, and any photos of the coins I took looks like they were taken with a potato, so it's just the bills for now.

Here's what I was given. All the coins are in little sleeves and I have no idea if that's the best way to store them. Probably not?

Pre-Mao China (probably?)

Imperial Japan?

Occupied Philippines

French!

German!

No idea!

Still no idea!

The collection is super neat, but all over the place. How do people display coins?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Got any Morgans or Peaces?

Believe it or not, there is no American money. Tokens, and chits and souvenir "wooden nickels" not no real coins

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

meat police posted:

So most dipped out from previous deals and sent off their spoils to PCGS to sell off at an insanely higher rate. Set up a huge debate of the legitimacy of the common handshake deal.

Gadsden flag waving silverbug libertarians getting a taste of their own medicine.