Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
Cool collecting theme Pooper Trooper, are you aware of the space related paper money that is out there?

Mainly I collect ancient coins and paper money from my hometown, and other odds and ends here and there

I have some of my ancient collection up here:
https://collectivecoin.com/NiceCurrency

I just bought this for myself because that's the greatest portrait I've ever seen on a coin and he looks so pissed off in his full armor, bad rear end!

Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI 1721 Taler (ancestor of the Dollar) PCGS MS62

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

Pooper Trooper posted:

WHAT SPACE THEMED PAPER MONEY? I've got some stamps but I figured that was about it. How about some recommendations?

Check out Paper Money>World on ebay and search term space, quite a few different ones, there's a polymer one with planets that I'm not seeing there but I can't remember the country, will flip through the world currency catalog and see if I can find it

*edit*

figured it out

Romania 2,000 Lei from 1999

Al Harrington fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 14, 2015

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So today was a good day. Got my last Peace Dollar in the mail today to complete my silver dollar roll.

Just returned back from the gas station and found this in my change!

have you bought the privateer 2oz silver round yet?

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Oh wow! Provident Metals designs are pretty damned detailed.

indeed, I absolutely do not stack bullion and even I am debating one

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

the milk spotting is something to do with the alloy is my understanding and even on a slabbed piece they can show up later, it's really annoying

I sold a 96 ASE yesterday and the guy asked me if it had milk spots and I originally thought it didn't but then I saw a couple and told him and he said that's ok they pretty much all do

:-S

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

its like those russian dolls that fit inside eachother

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

wow very nice man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

Bought a new ancient coin (well many actually but I'm just getting around to writing them up one by one and putting them into my online gallery now)

Greek

Circa 125-100 BCE

City of Amisos in Pontus (modern day Samsun, Turkey)

During the Reign of Mithridates VI of Pontus

Bronze Æ 21mm

8.4 grams

Obverse: Artemis (Goddess of the Hunt, Forests and Hills, the Moon, Archery) wearing diadem (ornamental headband), facing right with bow and quiver over shoulder

Reverse: Tripod with "AMIΣOY" in fields, meaning "of the people of Amisos"

Reference: Sear 3645/SNG Copenhagen 138