Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I felt the VR dude gave up his life ambition way too unrealisticly, even for this show. I did like how he was going in and all those references though, but I felt the lazy message that "VR is lame" was a bit too flat, like it was just directly from some personal grievance a single writer had, that wasn't really fleshed out enough to put in a show.

The Britta's parents thing skeeved me out too, it had a good generic message at the end, but it really seemed to be oblivious the fact that some people do actually have horribly abusive and manipulative parents who employ gas-lighting techniques to control their children.

The first episode I definitely loved, was laughing the whole way through. I think it just feels a lot like Dan Harmon played minecraft for 9 months and wrote all the episodes a week before the deadline. Still looking forward to the rest, I'm just not as into it as I used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Toxxupation posted:

k cool pick we get it

Good post please post more

Only registered members can see post attachments!

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

^^^christ that post is bad

if you don't like a portrayal that's fine but bringing it up over and over and over and over is just hysterically ranting about something you don't like and it's obnoxious

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

You're not loving helping

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Yahoo Screen is going to be a bit poo poo to begin with, at least I hope this is it's first big thing, otherwise it has no excuse.

What annoys me is the incredibly limited geo-restriction. Who was in charge for that blunder? Could they just not get the rights to the music? It seems like such a huge mistake to alienate a large percentage of their audience for no published reason; there hasn't been an explanation anywhere, as far as I can tell, which usually someone trots out when people are asking. Even for a rights issue, they could easily make enough profit from international broadcast to pay off whatever dicks want to charge extra for non-americans to listen to their poo poo.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Diabolik900 posted:

Why the assumption that it's music related? They only have the broadcast rights in certain countries. I'm sure Yahoo would prefer to have it available everywhere, it would be easier and would probably make them more money, but international broadcast/streaming rights are a mess for every show. Yahoo can't change that on their own.

I dunno, just guessing because it usually is. I just want to know who I can be angry at for keeping internet in the TV age.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Mortanis posted:

The flag joke is one of my favorite unsubtle jokes. My favorite subtle joke is probably Beetlejuice. I wish they'd do more of that sort of thing.

They've actually done 28 others, but apparently they were a bit too subtle for you.

Go back and watch season 3, but make sure to pay close attention to the Dean's left hand. There's one scene it's his right hand, because they had to flip the shot.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Metropolis posted:

My memory is highly fuzzy, but I think it was implied he was going to move to England with John Oliver's character because they discovered they were related? Like, Professor John Oliver told a story describing someone he is related to (Mother? Aunt?) and Hickey had a relationship with that person. I think they left it ambiguous on purpose 'cause they didn't know if and when they'd get a new season at the time.

Fun fact: Mr Professor John Oliver's character apparently comes from my home-town I'm in right now, Scunthorpe. I giggled very much at the song.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

this episode was totally bazinga, like playing mario 64 on a poorly coded emulator.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Is anyone annoyed by the lack of nudity on this show? I, for one, am not, as nudity was not a thing that was promised or even hinted at. Anyway, Community is all right I guess now, but I don't know if I'm enjoying it less because it's getting worse or because I'm more depressed than before.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I didn't appreciate the latest episode's use of tone.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Bob Odenkirk was a pretty weird choice to play Troy.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Harmon has said he can't talk about viewership numbers, but man Nielsen was horrifically wrong if "tens of millions" isn't an exaggeration.

I got a bit annoyed about that, because he's still ignoring non-american viewers who are blocked from watching through yahoo for some nonsensical reason.

Great episode. It's weird to slowly, from the start of the season, hearing Dan Harmon's voice grow louder and louder through his characters and story, until the very end when it was finally just him speaking directly to the camera.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

you literally posted about how you'd watch an actress sleep, you giant loving weirdo

I would watch Hitler sleep. I mean, who wouldn't? You could tell all your friends you watched Hitler sleep and there would be nothing they could do about it.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I was going to watch the whole series over again but instead I just rewatched Season 4. 6 times, because it's so much better than all the other seasons.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Should Community return?

Maybe

Probably

I don't know

I think the TV show's burnt out now, but a movie could be cool, maybe it would be better in a couple years time, but I worry more about being able to get the actors then.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Arm_Fruit posted:

Any of you guys catch this on Rick and Morty the other night?

I found it interesting they went with the original cast.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If you can find it, watch Joel McHale's attempt at a US IT Crowd. He plays the normal (non-Moss) guy. The actor from the UK version plays Moss still. It's awful.

That's weird, I watched it and it's completely different to what I remembered. I certainly never remembered Joel in it, but I don't think I knew who he was until much later.

thexerox123 posted:

It's pretty bad and pointless, but it's nowhere near as bad as US pilot of Spaced.

This is almost as bad as the US remake for Doctor Spacetimewhoman

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 18, 2015

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

So I caught up on The Adventure Zone. Any other similar podcasts worth catching up on?

I remember before TAZ, I used to listen to the Penny Arcade DnD podcasts, and they've had a few big high budget events with props and stuff. That was years ago though, don't know if it holds up, I've sorta grown to dislike them in general.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Calling people autistic feels like a very 90's insult, like calling everything gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

A lot of people had a big stick up their bums about Erin with vague criticism that I didn't really get. Maybe that's part of the reason why he's avoided bringing his new girlfriend onto Harmontown, though who knows if she would even want to anyway.

Also something that annoys me sorta slightly but not really, his new girlfriend and I share the same name, which is a pretty uncommon one. Freaks me out a bit whenever he talks about her.

• Locked thread