Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Irish Joe posted:

The show wouldn't have been renewed if it wasn't profitable. Also, a bit of realtalk, but there is zero chance of the show being renewed for a 7th season. Let's say the impossible happens and the show doubles its NBC ratings on Yahoo! Its still not getting renewed. Period. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. We are literally three months away from the last episode of Community ever.

What's it like working for Yahoo's streaming service? I assume you do since you have insider knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

John Dough posted:

e: also the immortal guy from Helix as the guy Shirley takes care of

Avril Lavigne posted:

:eng101: Jack Torrance from The Shining.

That man is Stephen loving Weber, I'll have you know.

Also, amazing episodes. Just completely on point.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I think the distribution thing is dumb, but drat do I love all the angry foreigners who can't live without American media for a few days.

:golfclap: You are in fine form lately.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

This episode really felt like "classic" Community. Hopefully this episode means we're finally past introducing new members of the group and are ready to proceed with wacky hijinks.

Irish Joe posted:

gently caress you she's hot.

This may be the first time I've ever agreed with your posts.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

"You just believed a bunch of ghosts?" gets a laugh out of me every single time.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Well... the bird is fine, right? It's just gonna carry on the legacy of finding nice warm places to set up shop. I don't feel like they did anything bad to the bird, he's not the one with the problem.

Yes, that is completely the joke. The bird did not die. It flew away, after having to leave the open box that was disrupting Wi-Fi, and found an open power-fuse box. The joke being that they saved this bird, set it free, and now it creates another outage for Greendale, presumably.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

tarlibone posted:

It conveys what would have been a new-age, futuristic, and really important new technology using a word that appears to have been made up by a 4-year-old. At its genesis, Greendale wasn't playing with a full deck.

Like tears in the rain.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I am still laughing over Elroy threatening to bite Chang's finger off.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet, but here's a video with clips of Keith David singing Nat King Cole.

It's... pretty great.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Tailored Sauce posted:

Awful episode. I have a grand hatred for such obvious product placement as this show has done more frequently in recent seasons. I even hated it when Colbert did it with Bud Light and Doritos. I know why product placement exists and why Community in their last season and this one accept it (I remember Chuck doing the same thing in its last season). None of the Honda jokes are funny because of the underlying marketing. It ruined the entire episode for me, except for the Chang PowerPoint presentation.

You sound like a literal crazy person.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

Wish I could have watched the episode last night but the Yahoo Screen app for Xbox 360 is a piece of poo poo. I wish there was a better way to get the show on my TV.

For real? I think the interface is a little annoying, but I've never had any problems actually streaming an episode on my 360. The quality has been good, plus there's been zero ads.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Almost every theatre professor I've ever had has told me the two hardest things an actor can do is act badly and act drunk.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I wish I had seen more movies about grifting.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Its well past time to put the old dog down. I said last year that the renewal was a mistake because everybody was tired of the show, and this season pretty much confirmed it. Harmon is tired. The actors are tired. The audience is tired. There's no more love for this show; and no reason to extend its suffering. Just cancel the loving thing already so that the actors and staff can move on with their lives.

Thanks for making me realize I haven't actually been enjoying Community. I could have sworn I was finding these episodes funny and entertaining.

You act like the 30 minutes you took to watch this episode would've been the 30 minutes in the future you spent loving Kate Upton and now that chance is gone forever. I think you need to calm down and go watch shows you like and post in those threads.

edit: Didn't realize it was you with that new avatar, Irish Joe. Couldn't take looking at your worst post ever all the time?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Android Blues posted:

It's pretty funny, sometimes very clever, some hits, some misses.

You loving monster. Get out.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Why are you so salty about the fact that some other people don't enjoy the show very much anymore? Nobody would be watching in season 6 if they hadn't once been a fan, and most of the complaints are more in line with being sad to see the decline than any kind of gloating about it, so this weird defensiveness where you seem to think people are unfairly maligning your entertainment is bizarre.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you didn't know I was joking about this very middle-of-the-road post.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

Nothing this season has been as bad as the schmitty episode. :colbert: :can:

El Tortuga posted:

You loving monster. Get out.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Spacebump posted:

During the Boston Marathon bombing, people on reddit misidentified someone as the bomber and then people listening to the police feed decided the police said his name over it. (They didn't) The kid they misidentified was really depressed, missing, and had killed himself. People on reddit were patting themselves on the back for solving the case. They also found his Facebook profile and decided his old status updates were clearly clues to the crime.

And that's why SA is the only forum I use.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Diedrich Bader is a more recognizable name in non-Batman contexts, and Brave and the Bold owned bones.

Even though Kevin Conroy is THE voice of Batman, agreed. The amazeballsness of BatB makes it okay.

edit: Also, I don't think Diedrich Bader is all that recognizable. At least by name.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Grinning Goblin posted:

Don't worry, just wait until you see his reaction when someone posts a picture of an eight year old kid!

:holymoley:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I made a stinky.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Next thread title.

Can we have the audio playing in the thread?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

I still say they need to get the budget to hire Kurt Russell for one episode and have him and Elroy re-enact the last 2 minutes of The Thing, but inside Greendale.

If Keith David is re-enacting anything, it's gonna be the They Live fight scene.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

In It For The Tank posted:

I imagine the entire wedding was a fairly accurate recreation of Dan's wedding. Except for the incest. Maybe.

Wish I could've had Keith David at MY wedding... Come to think of it, I didn't have any black people at my wedding.

Oh poo poo, am I... am I a self-racist prover? :ohdear:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Its playing off of an old joke.

Then there are two jokes I don't get.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

2.) Once you get unprobated, I would really like to see you compile a top ten list of your favorite episodes. Or, failing that, a top 5? I presume at one point you did like this show and your line about not liking referential humor is something I sympathize with. This request is not sarcastic or meant as a set up for some kind of "gotcha" moment. I'm sincerely curious as to which episodes you think best represent the "good" version of community that the show is now failing to live up to. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure Irish Joe has been making these posts since the first commercial break of the first episode of the first season.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Let's all stop feeding Irish Joe. He's one of the worst posters on SA, like in the top 5. There's clearly very little in his life, so let's all just feel sorry for him.

Instead, let's talk about the tragic lack Keith David in the finale, the only real con of the episode.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I wish I could've managed to be on the Internet this long and not known what "shipping" means.

My idea of a perfect life would be being able to say "Deviantart? What's that?"

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Like tears in the rain, Irish Joe.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Oh my god, you really made a chart. I cannot believe this. You have to be the saddest poster on SA by far. I cannot even make fun of you anymore. The fact that someone posted that episodes of a television show that you don't even enjoy were both "lower-average" and "good" worked you up so much you had to make a chart to illustrate your point makes me feel really, really sad for you that you don't seem to have anything else going on in your life. Go outside, dude, it's summer.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Metropolis posted:

I love that he made a chart to illustrate his very basic point. It's funny, not sad.

My wife is about to have a kid any day now, so I think my paternal-caregiver-instincts are going a little crazy right now, hence why I pity him. Not that I wanna be Irish Joe's dad or nothing. When you're under my roof you'll watch Community and you'll like it!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

John Dough posted:

Dammit, I meant to say Butts Carlston.

It's true, he did mean to say Butts Carlton.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

He said "F".

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Dr. Kelso and the Janitor were consistently the best thing about Scrubs.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Beeez posted:

Musicals suck in general, and this was no exception.

Listen to this streets behind schmitty.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Bown posted:

fwiw I don't hate musicals, just the Scrubs musical episode because it's unfunny dogshit. There's a song about "poo lol!", a song about "we bloody love each other but no homo mate!", and a song about "remember that occasional running joke about a guy forgetting his wife's ethnicity well here's an entire three-minute song about it just in case you all wanted that ran into the ground, we weren't sure"

I mean musically it's perfectly good, but the humour is indefensible.

Those are definitely some opinions.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah man, poo poo is hilarious! Hahahahaha we're all in 4th grade here!

And those are some other opinions too, it seems. Hmm.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah man, poo poo is hilarious! Hahahahaha we're all in 4th grade here!

Austrian mook posted:

Hey dumbass! Why don't you go get a girlfriend.

Oh, I get it now, you're a poor-quality troll.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

No, Im just tired of weird people sitting up this thread by talking about what parts of this comedy show gets them horny.

El Tortuga posted:

Oh, I get it now, you're a poor-quality troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

TV Land is giving Jim Gaffigan a show, so these two shows are enough to get me to give them a chance now.

• Locked thread