Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I thought the opening scene with the frisbee collapse was pretty uncomfortable considering how tragic real life roof collapses tend to be.

Did you have similar issues with the pillows & blankets civil war parody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Out of an entire joke post you take exception to this part?

:doh: This is what I get for skimming the thread on my break at work.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

El Tortuga posted:

"You just believed a bunch of ghosts?" gets a laugh out of me every single time.

The delivery on that line is so perfect.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Is there a targeted time or is he allowed to vary by a few minutes to whatever the episode suits now?

I'm pretty sure they've said in interviews that while they aimed for their usual length, there are a few episodes this season that ended up being a few minutes longer.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

That's on Netflix with the tall black dude with a giant Afro? I tried to get into that but couldn't. What episodes is he in?

It's also originally a podcast.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I remember being annoyed that they never addressed the fact that Abed (1) was a competent filmmaker and (2) never would have released a film that didn't meet his lofty standards.

What?

Competent filmmaker?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Look man, if you don't think that's amazing I don't know what to tell you

Oh, I think it's amazing, but competent? Ehhh.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

TequilaJesus posted:

Maybe I'm the worst too, but what movie was abed referencing at the end of the episode?

A Few Good Men.

Edit: beaten.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Pick posted:

I would have liked it if Chang stayed famous. The show's ending anyway, let him have a weird, undeserved happy ending to go with the "life doesn't have obvious messages" message.

He may not be a celebrity, but I thought he kind of got a happy ending at the end of this episode, to some degree... at least compared to back when he desperately wanted to be a part of the study group, but was ostracized by them. He said earlier in the episode that he didn't have anything to go back to at Greendale, but he was able to go right back into the group and fit back in without a word spoken about it by anyone.

Android Blues posted:

e: actually Six Candles might be his best one ever. Shocking if true.

Well, aside from the movie from this week's episode. The audience did seem to enjoy it.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 29, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nothing this season has been as bad as the schmitty episode. :colbert: :can:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 8, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Darkplace is amazing. And actually, it and Heat Vision and Jack always kind of struck me as similar.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Kuiperdolin posted:

Dark Places was an OK 5 minute sketch stretched senselessly into a tepid overlong one hundred hour snoozefest.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Comedy post on a comedy show thread on a comedy forum. Yes, I was completely serious about wanting to watch Alison Brie sleeping and not using humor to convey how much a fan I am. Nope.

PS: to those who have a sandy vagina about people being attracted to Alison Brie:

I bet this is exactly the sort of thing that John Hinckley Jr would have been posting about Jodie Foster if the internet had existed in 1981.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Typical straight people appropriating dragqueen culture. It's sickening

Oh, quit throwing shade

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

It was called Puttin' On The Hits. Back then, it was dumb and crappy. Now, it is Tonight Show level comedy.

There is a pretty big difference between watching randoms lip-sync earnestly and watching celebrities do it ironically.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't quite think it's all that ironic. They seem to be doing it earnestly for the laughs.

I probably should have said "in a self-aware way" instead of ironically.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If you can find it, watch Joel McHale's attempt at a US IT Crowd. He plays the normal (non-Moss) guy. The actor from the UK version plays Moss still. It's awful.

It's pretty bad and pointless, but it's nowhere near as bad as US pilot of Spaced.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I can recite most of the heritage minutes. Isn't that good for something?

Burnt toast! I smell.. burnt toast!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Cartouche posted:

She was good in Criminal Minds. Period.

Somebody's never listened to the Thrilling Adventure Hour.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

As someone who can't stand most actual play podcasts, TAZ is a delight. The first episodes are rrrrrough, but by the time they get to Klarg and Barry Bluejeans it starts to take off.

Is it still worth starting from the beginning, or is there a good jumping-in point later?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Well I'm on episode 4 of The Adventure Zone now, I liked it from the start, so I'm hooked!

It probably helped that I've never listened to MBMBaM, so I was getting to know the players over the first couple of episodes.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I remember being surprised that he still ended season 6 with the #AndAMovie stinger considering how obviously he was sick of it all by then.

He's said that he wants to do the movie in a few years, when he has an idea that will justify it and when the cast is up for it. So with that in mind, I can see him wanting to keep that door open.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

He was also great in Running Wilde, while it lasted.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

hanales posted:

He has zero US presence, so when I saw him on Doctor Who I was like "Hey it's the guy from community".

Little Britain had a run on HBO less than a decade ago.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

Of note: this thread, in a derail, introduced me to The Adventure Zone. I've gotta thank you guys for that. Campaign finale airs next week and I'm super excited.

Oh yeah, this thread got me into it as well!
It's been so drat good. Can't wait for the finale.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

umalt posted:

Season 4 >>>>>>>>> that episode of Rick and Morty with the Szechwan sauce > Harmontown > Harmon Quest > Channel 101 > Season 5 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Jokes about gas leaks

But where do Computerman and the pilot for Heat Vision and Jack rank?

Edit: I guess Computerman falls under "Channel 101"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Yeah man how dare he name the people who treated him like poo poo because he is black.

Are you sure you know what name-dropping is? That's probably not what was being referred to.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 2, 2018

• Locked thread