Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm cautiously optimistic as long as Rash is on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
First episode was really good, second was pretty awful, but I'm overall hopeful for S6.

Figure out what to do with Britta you guys or who the gently caress she is or something.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jorghnassen posted:

Am I the only one who had Gargoyles flashbacks when seeing that Keith David's virtual reality avatar was lavender colored, sort of like Goliath on that Disney cartoon?

I had Gargoyles flashbacks in Requiem for a Dream

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Android Blues posted:

The first episode was great - and really clever - and the VR plot in the second one was too, but that Britta plot was high-grade awful. People don't run away from home aged seventeen because their parents were kind of vaguely jerks a little bit, they do it when like, they're in actual bad/violent situations - which makes the first part of the episode where all Britta's friends are keeping tabs on her for her parents that she's cut off contact with read really weirdly. It didn't feel authentic as a plot at all, just a weird soupy mess that had a predictable and unearned conclusion.

Yeah, I mean it zoomed so quickly over what would make that plot land that it just ended up terrible. Their flaws are given like two lines midway through a conversation and summarily dismissed. And it's super hosed up of her friends to be involved with her parents behind her back and then insist the're good people. Lots of abusive people seem "nice" to other members of the community they don't have power over.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I agree with that sentiment. And also it was skeevy that their defining trait as "good" people was paying for stuff.

Also, the "We're POOR" retort to Britta is also off considering she paid for Abed's film class and other things for her friends when it basically wiped her out (also true of running Shirley's sandwich shop in her absence). It's not like being charitable entitles you to charity from others, but acting audacious about the existence of charity to someone who has exhibited such charity is pretty bizarre.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Throwing money at your offspring doesn't make you a good parent. By those standards, Paris Hilton had great parents. It's heavily suggested, basically stated, that Britta ran away due to mistreatment, including molestation as implied above. Likely she wouldn't need that money now if she hadn't been mistreated before.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VagueRant posted:

Guys...I hate it.

What was even the arc there? Prisoner tries to kill Jeff for...not being a very good teacher. Jeff doesn't like prisoner for this. Prisoner gets popular with the school and the Dean which Jeff also doesn't like. Then the stupid wedding parody thing? Prisoner story resolves with him not being a murderer despite weakly attempting to kill Jeff. And gently caress all the other prisoners at the end - no rehabilitation for them!

Any lessons learned? Jeff realises he should appreciate the Dean more? Is that it? Is Jeff still a bad teacher? Why include the critique on his teaching or the attempted murder if the plot boiled down to a stupid jealousy cliché?

This entire season has been pretty aimless and more importantly, jokeless.

Also, when did Annie get so intolerable?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Inkspot posted:

I want a video of Elroy's dialogue synced to clips of Goliath like that Bambi II/Extras mash-up. Don't make me cut the hardline at the mainframe.

Would have gone great in episode "Future Tense", the very most hosed up episode of Gargoyles, which is saying something.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would have liked it if Chang stayed famous. The show's ending anyway, let him have a weird, undeserved happy ending to go with the "life doesn't have obvious messages" message.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Android Blues posted:

Abed has always been crummy at making movies, or at least not very good. It's something I thought about when watching the episode: over six years, he's never really gotten any better at his stated life's work and passion. That's kind of sad!

The writers have a compulsion to put the toys back into the toybox, but since they're shedding characters anyway, and on their last mini-season I cannot understand their resistance to character arcs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I still liked it, partially because Berry is naturally so loving funny at everything he does.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sinteres posted:

As others have said, Matt Berry and the tag at the end were good, but the rest of the episode was pretty dull. I thought it would have been more interesting if the study group had ended up losing this round. On a related note, I'm quickly losing whatever affection I have left for these characters, which makes me sad. I don't know if they've really gotten substantially worse or if I'm just tired of them, but it's probably a bit of each. I'll finish out the season, and watch a movie if they make one, but I don't think I'm watching any more seasons if this zombie show continues to shuffle along next year.

I find Annie absolutely intolerable this season, which is odd since I liked her before :psyduck:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's a shame the order the characters had to leave, since in my mind it's almost a 180 from what would have best serviced the show.

Also, deeply affected as it is, I wish they'd all just transitioned to jobs on campus like Jeff did. Then you can at least plumb more of the teacher humor, and not much in episodes like Meow Meow Beenz would really change (where MMB was a great doofy S3-esque episode).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

kickascii posted:

Great episode. One part actually made me miss Chevy Chase. The bit when the dean steps out from the shadows and gets tripped up on the furniture was a total Pierce moment.

I felt exactly the same way. I was like, poo poo, this is where Pierce would have taken it up a notch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That was the best tag they've ever done.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I loving loved the encouraging white people bit. He loving nails it, too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I liked Paget's line about being a newcomer who nailed it :c00l:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I unironically would have loved Britta's season 7.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I tended to like the early episodes and very specific genre ones. I loving love the Law & Order episode. :doink:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HD DAD posted:

He also likened it, I believe, to being forced to watch your girlfriend blow a bunch of other dudes.

What a loving baby.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Toxxupation posted:

You're right, but on the other hand, he didn't go out and explicitly insult a rape victim

So

There's this really funny story being typed up somewhere about all the things Pick's done, too bad none of them are actually true. Seriously, out of 35,000 posts, the best you can find is me telling a crackpot who fallaciously accused me of being a child molester based on a lie about my comic to gently caress off?

Pick fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That Community auction owns, since I'm the same size as Britta and they dressed her in Rag & Bone. If those prices stay down I'ma get those sweaters.

• Locked thread