Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

John Dough posted:

Except Britta, who was clearly massively stoned.

I love Britta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pick posted:

I unironically would have loved Britta's season 7.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

midnightclimax posted:

OMG don't tell me there's a full-length version of "Pocket Full of Hawthornes"? Mamma mia!

https://youtu.be/VJxHa8J9Y-0

Next best thing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Even back on the DVD commentaries for Community, all the jokes about him being a drunk rear end in a top hat boss I took 100% seriously tbh.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Incredibly funny people are often loving miserable, so I'm not too surprised. drat shame though because he always seemed to have a good head on his shoulders back when I was actually following his career.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Not to mention there being a real-life story there, there are plenty of aboriginal people who don't look it at all and thus have a disconnect with their heritage either due to be kind of ostracized from their community or simply not having a big history with their heritage due to how they were raised, or using the fact they look white to distance themselves from the shittier things their community has to put up with.

Sure they play it up entirely for laughs, but it's honestly kind of a neat bit of representation if you look at it at face value imo. And, yeah, it provided two hilarious and dope aboriginal actors with a really fun gig so bitching about it seems stupid as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shirley only very rarely being the brilliant character and performance she had the potential for is probably the most disappointing thing about Community, overall. Yvette Nicole Brown at least still killed it even when they gave her nothing, which was most of the time.

• Locked thread