Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

GreenNight posted:

The movie is just going to be a 90 minute episode on Yahoo.

Yeah, this was never a show that would translate well into a movie. Any "movie" that comes out of it would always have been a block of extended episodes, like the end of season 3 of Arrested Development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
This is the only episode so far that's felt like the extra length hampered it rather than helped it. Trim 5 minutes and give the script another polish and it'd be fine. It was still alright, though.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

umalt posted:

Is nobody else going to mention how there was a scene with "Troy"?

I miss Troy...

It would have been hilarious if they got Donald Glover to come back for a cameo and that was all there was to it.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I don't remember if it was brought up here, but on Harmontown Dan mentioned that how pleasantly surprised he was at seeing Yahoo's (confidential) viewing figures after years of Neilson ratings.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I don't get what the big deal is. Jonathan Banks is gonna be busy with Better Call Saul for the next 5 or so years. You might as well kill him off.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I'd like Community to get another season, but make it the confirmed ultra definite last season. I think one of the problems that the show has had is that basically every season since 2 onward they've been on the verge of cancellation, and it's hard to make a show when every season finale might end up being a series finale. Lots of shows (30 Rock, Parks and Recreation) end up with a second wind in their final seasons, as long as they know it's the last one going into it. I'll bet there's a least a good 13 episode final season left in the show.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I like Keith David but drat Paget Brewster just fits in so well with everybody. It's like she's been here since season one.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Definitely start from the very beginning. The first 20 episodes or so have a feel to them that doesn't really come back, and there's so many gems there ("their eyes are sharper than their teeth," the beginning of D&D, the entirety of the journal episode)

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Those a probably the most extreme examples but stuff like that comes up from time to time, yeah. The episode about the mannequin legs is actually really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Honestly, that's only slightly less believable than being picked up by Yahoo. It had me wondering for about five seconds.

• Locked thread