Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I just wish we get back Britta the Overly Enthusiastic And Kinda Annoying Activist, because Britta The Worst is just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Bown posted:

god drat this episode was funny. the only thing i didn't like was dean coming out as a politician. it felt like a pretty cheap joke they thought was cleverer than it was. otherwise really good and was really well-paced despite being 31 minutes long.

I actually liked that one. The joke that was not as clever as they thought it was was the bird going into the electrical box after they set it free. It was as if the show was afraid that it would not look cynical enough for the Internet if it didn't do something to that bird at the end.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I am leftist as gently caress and I still enjoyed this episode immensely. Product placement just happens in shows, and the way it was handled this episode was amazing. I don't need my political opinions to be validated by my favorite comedy show, I just want jokes and a smart plotline, and I got those in spades.

Holyshoot posted:

Was it just me or did Britta look a bit prettier then normal this episode?

I think the lighting was just better.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Are people disappointed with the episode just because there was heavy product placement (understatement), or because having that product placement somehow necessitated having fewer jokes or less interesting character development? Because I believe that you could replace Honda with whatever fictional car manufacturer could exist in the show's universe and it would still be a great episode.

In fact, I think that having a real brand made it funnier because there was now also the metaplot of the show criticizing the very thing it was doing so shamelessly.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

XboxPants posted:

It was as if they were just doing 100% sincere product placement

It was 100% sincere product placement. It was also 100% funny and 100% self-aware. It's not a zero-sum situation.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Reading constructive criticism (and even angry rants that had a point) in TVIV has helped me enjoy TV shows better. I may not always agree with people's opinions, but actively engaging with the show rather than turning your brain off is a much better experience, and there is nothing wrong with having expectations from the shows you love. Posting about how you hated an episode on the Internet is not necessarily an act of defiance against free entertainment or contempt for people who liked it, it's part of being critical of the entertainment you consume.

Or maybe Community sucks now, I don't know, whatever. The fake-acting parts sucked, the episode was kinda ok, will tune in next week anyway because not every episode has to be peak Community.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Am I the only one who only liked Abed and the dean this episode?

I guess the scene where Jeff was trying to finish Elroy's explanations was also funny.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That deadpan "Contains pieces the size of a child's esophagus" right after the breakdown was the hardest I laughed all year.

I loved the episode. I was kinda worried because the opening scene was terribly formulaic, but in retrospect that was probably entirely intentional.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I am one of those goons who think that the fourth season was "OK", and even I can't watch the puppet episode.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

"Millennial black-face", you heard it here first, folks :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Season 4 was terribly formulaic, but the formula was so good that it was still waaaaaay better than most other shows.

• Locked thread