Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So many times I've gone into this show kinda cynical and ended up being pleasantly surprised. My own fault, I guess.

I only saw the first episode, but i feel the longer runtime may not have exactly been helping the show. It's slowed down to a pace I wasn't really comfortable with for Community, but hopefully it feels more put-together in later episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So, why is Britta homeless if she both has a job and won the 50,000 dollar comic book last season? Would none of her friends really not offer to let her stay with them?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Remember guys the show and original website for the show hint that she was molested by a mascot at a Chuck E Cheese style restaurant and that her dad took the molesters side.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I just saw the second episode. Have to say I hated it. There were some jokes i thought were genuinely really funny and got laughs out of me, but the VR stuff was just painfully boring. Long segments of the show that are visually hideous and devoid of any jokes seems like it should be a pretty obviously bad idea.

And the Britta storyline made me feel incredibly sad and frustrated for Britta. Given that we know she was at least felt up as a child and that her dad took her molester's side, I felt uncomfortable during the whole thing. It was like Britta's new family are not only not on her side again but been deceiving her, too. By the end of the episode I didn't feel like she had had a cathartic victory, I feel like she gave up and was manipulated into forgiveness.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

To me the idea of the season five finale being the end is even worse. At least four you had the excuse of "gas leak season" and could default to 3 being the real send-off. Five has no excuses. It's just awful.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

This really is the most mixed season they've ever had. It's not just that there are good and bad episodes - it's that there can be islands of good scenes bookended by bad openings and closings. I've genuinely quite liked moments from this series - but I would say there have only really been two or three totally solid episodes so far, which is a real shame

This season feels like it's suffered the most cartoonification. The comedy was always wacky, but now it feels so wacky in tone that nothing really actually matters anymore.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Fixed that for you. The whole thing smacks of Erin being blinded by Dan's money until the harsh reality of being permanently attached to him kicked in after the marriage. People don't change, so Dan was always going to be an abusive drunk. If you don't know that when you say yes to the dress, that's 100% on you.

Which episode is this Winger quote from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Man, this show really was a blight.

Remember when everyone was saying (Harmon included) that if the show didn't have to rely on the archaic nielson system it would be raking in the dollar?

• Locked thread