Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Same theme song.

Also, given the title i'm wondering if John Oliver shows up as a Ladder idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
It plays fine in Australia, which is surprising.

Anyone else getting some Definition changes, my stream is going from HD to blurry seemingly at random. Any tips on getting YahooScreen to work better?

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Love that they still put the NBC logo on that promo. Not going to let them off easy I see. Strange that there were no Yahoo jokes, maybe that's next week.

Pretty solid premiere, maybe a little heavy on the meta-montages, but its nice to be back.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015

Senor Tron posted:

SIgned up to Stan (Australian VoD service) just to watch this, don't regret it. Those episodes were great, felt very much like older episodes.

Also as someone who has been playing around with VR a bit lately I really want to try that crazy rear end operating system.

Even given the fact that Australians can just stream them on Yahoo? Stan seems to have a decent range of TV regardless, so I don't think signing up was a bad decision. I'm just surprised that we weren't excluded this time.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
This was the best episode of the show in a long time for me. I've watched them all, but i haven't felt involved with the action, haven't felt that spark like this since before Dan left. I don't think its a coincidence that this was such a long episode either, so much of what I loved would likely have been cut from a network version of this episode. The way he left the arguments run was brilliant, we also got to get to the performance and have a decent aftermath as well. This gives me hope for the rest of the season.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
It's interesting this season that they've started directly referring to real pop culture rather than those vague facsimiles. Does Yahoo not care about offending people? It's arguably unimportant, but it does change the tone a little to have these characters existing in a world that more resembles our own. I mean, Doctor Who and Inspector Spacetime exist simultaneously now and if Jeff watched Parks and Rec, did he not catch the other comedy that aired with it for a few years?

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Ah, that makes sense. I generally don't obsess over that kind of stuff, but I couldn't help but notice the lack of a veil this season between the shows world and our own. I'm sort of glad that they never felt the need to have someone say, 'Hey, this cafeteria business is a lot like Goodfellas' but all of the Chris Pratt stuff worked well enough that I was ok with it.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
Or one of those examples of Dan only deciding that they needed that prop on the morning of the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
To further elongate the Meta-discussion: the idea of Abed trying to Christopher Nolan a normal story is great, especially given Dan's recent Interstellar rants, that's just not what happened. For me Meta moments can be great, but they're not great just because they're meta, you still need to write a joke or make a cogent point. The Abed storyline this week was painful because it was taking the Family Guy approach of mentioning things rather than making jokes about them, it was meta-reference humour. A Remedial Chaos Theory where Abed keeps flashing back and changing things to try and prevent the trip could have been a great episode as well. The actual episode that they made though, I don't know.

• Locked thread