Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

midnightclimax posted:

any episodes that are especially good?

Zardoz was a very recent episode, and you can tell that the movie almost broke Jason's mind.

Also, Xanadu because Jason hated it more than almost any other movie they've done.

Finally, View to a Kill was just a great episode with some quality jokes and weirdness from all the hosts and guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

El Tortuga posted:

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet, but here's a video with clips of Keith David singing Nat King Cole.

It's... pretty great.

Every time I watch Community with my room mate now, I spend about 5 minutes after the show talking about how much I love Keith David. These songs are proof that love is not misplaced.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
The only sharks in that water are the emotional ghosts that I like to call fear, anchovies, fear, and the dangers of ingesting mercury.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

prefect posted:

This also seems like the kind of question he might enjoy talking about. Unless the mention of season 4 sets him off in a bad way. :ohdear:

Dan's mentioned multiple times that his mother likes Season 4, so he's got some baggage to say the least.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Bown posted:

Puppet episode isn't as bad as the s4 finale

Nothing is as bad as the s4 finale

The s4 finale is death

It's the one Community episode I avoid at all costs.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

ashpanash posted:

I do love how Yahoo blamed Community. Yeah, the issue was the TV show, not that you spent 40 million dollars on a Hail Mary. What were they supposed to do, say "Oh, that's ok, spend your money elsewhere, get a better investment out of it."

Yahoo is a gigantic corporation with a huge amount of assets that nonetheless is absolutely bleeding cash at an alarming rate, spraying it around like a firehose. But yeah, the real problem is that TV show (that was obviously past its creative peak and was shamelessly resurrected to buy yourself credibility) wasn't quite good enough to sustain an entire new network. Blame the TV show!

Let's not forget that Yahoo Screen was a terrible app that regularly crashed for no reason and often just skipped the ads that companies paid them to play!

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Naylenas posted:

Oh, there are some great bits, for sure. I'm mostly referring to whole segments that consist entirely of Erin fashioning a doll out of random objects and Jeff insisting that he gently caress everything.

I think Harmonquest balances nicely. They still have some good improvised bits, but are focused enough to continuously get into new, hilarious situations.

Giving Spencer the leeway to forcibly direct the cast to the next plot point makes the show flow much better than if they had just drunkenly meandered around like in the podcast D&D segments.

I'm also impressed that I only noticed one awkward edit to cut out a reference to Dan and Erin's marriage.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Naylenas posted:

I liked that, rather than the guests being just tossed a random character, Spencer created one for them. He obviously briefed them beforehand about character and motivation, too.

I missed the awkward edit, and I was looking for them, too.

In the first episode, Dan introduces Erin and then introduces Jeff as, "his other better half" but never refers to Erin as his better half first.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

CPColin posted:

Dear Community Thread,

A lot of season 4 isn't as bad as I remembered.

Love,
Colin

P.S., Except for the puppet episode.

Are that loving finale and the 2nd German study group episode still infuriatingly awful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Ratjaculation posted:

Thats pretentious as gently caress and everyone involved should be slaughtered imo

It sounds like you haven't read the New Yorker's entertainment writing before. Their movie reviews are beyond insufferable, and often don't even talk about the film in question for as much as half the article.

• Locked thread