Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

MrAristocrates posted:

As for this season, it’s still too early to tell what it’ll be. Dan Harmon, praise be to him, has said this season will be more grounded, but I feel like it’s the third or fourth time I’ve heard that lie.

I don't think it's quite fair to characterize it as a "lie". He always starts each season honestly and earnestly with the "more grounded" resolution and then it just all lurches out of control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I really enjoyed the random Eric Clapton song over the "Hard Drive and Wing Man" ad. Cracked me up.

Not quite random, I'm pretty sure it's a nod to the 80s movie The Color of Money. Sometimes, on his Harmontown podcast, Harmon will improvise a movie or TV plot and end with "freeze-frame! IT'S IN THE WAY THAT YOU USE IT!"

It's possible that he's misremembering that as the actual ending of TCOM, which does end on a freeze-frame, but a different song plays. Until I checked it five minutes ago on YouTube, I would have sworn that the film ended with that Clapton song (which is featured in the movie) and a freeze-frame on Paul Newman.

MrAristocrates posted:

I really loved Britta's parents.

I did NOT recognise Martin Mull, was amazed when I saw his name in the credits.

shadok fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 18, 2015

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Diabolik900 posted:

The first episode was better than the second, but the second was still good, and Knee-High Mischief was the best part of either episode.

Well, Danielo Jarmon and Roberto Schrabriguez were Portugal's greatest filmmakers.

Also it was just pointed out to me that the cup of coffee on the desk in the opening animation has been replaced by a glass of Ketel One vodka on the rocks.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Jack posted:

The music cue for Hard Drive and Wing Man was a callback to Harmontown/Jeff Davis' gag?

Of course someone on Reddit made a complete list of every Harmontown episode where they used that gag.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Brocktoon posted:

Did anyone else notice the picture of Harmon in the speakeasy with "DO NOT SERVE THIS MAN"?

I thought it was him but I couldn't remember ever having seen him with a mustache but no beard. Somehow I missed seeing those webisodes until now.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

Yeah, I mean it zoomed so quickly over what would make that plot land that it just ended up terrible. Their flaws are given like two lines midway through a conversation and summarily dismissed. And it's super hosed up of her friends to be involved with her parents behind her back and then insist the're good people. Lots of abusive people seem "nice" to other members of the community they don't have power over.

Dan Harmon agrees with you: Britta was right and everybody else was wrong.

(this is the Reddit thread the op was linking)

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

The last "Great Minds" has a good run in it of (I'm pretty sure anyway) Dan Harmon impersonating the Community cast.

That is definitely what that is.

My favourite part of "Great Minds" is that the relationship between Dan and Spencer feels like only a very slightly exaggerated version of their real-life working relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Alison Brie's the lead on a new show on Netflix, "Glow." I watched a few episode, and it's pretty drat good. Between that and Donald Glover's "Atlanta," the Community cast is doing pretty well for itself as long as you pretend "Dr. Ken" and "CBS Hates Millennials" never existed.

Powerless.

• Locked thread