Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I thought the opening scene with the frisbee collapse was pretty uncomfortable considering how tragic real life roof collapses tend to be.

Also the flashback that followed is inconsistent with season 1 promotional materials which, if read with a critical eye, cleary suggest that Leonard was raped by a BLUE South Korean dinner plate and not a RED (communist North Korean) dinner plate which the red frisbee in the opener is clearly alluding to. Someone ask Dan Harmon about this, I'm sure he'll give us a satisfactory answer that isn't just him poking fun at us for being retarded grogs.

Jesus wept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm with you guys. They missed an opportunity there. Remember in last season's re-pilot when Troy said, "Do you guys feel weird doing this without.. Magnitude?"

He was looking right at PIERCE'S chair when he said it. They really missed an opportunity there to point out that Pierce, a character from previous seasons, was no longer on the show.

welp. gonna go eat some paint chips.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Frankie is a great addition.

Elroy should've Winger'd that candy price speech. I don't find him believable as an oblivious old guy.

I'm sure the season is ramping up to a campus-wide revolt against the study group (Leonard, Garret, Vicki, etc) . I'd be okay with an "against impossible odds" Aliens/300/Zulu/Blackhawk Down/Fury paintball battle.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I can't narrow these down to a top-10 list, so here are the episodes I most look forward to when I do a rewatch:

S1 "Beginner Pottery" - Pottery class/Sailing class
S1 "Contemporary American Poultry" - Goodfellas
S1 "Modern Warfare"

S2 "Basic Rocket Science" - KFC Spaceship
S2 "Epidemiology" - Zombie Halloween
S2 "Cooperative Calligraphy" - Annie's Pen
S2 "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas" - Claymation
S2 "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons"
S2 "A Fistful of Paintballs"

S3 "Basic Lupine Urology" - Law & Order
S3 "Virtual Systems Analysis" - Annie & Abed in the Dreamatorium
S3 "Regional Holiday Music" - Glee Club
S3 "Remedial Chaos Theory"

S5 "Cooperative Polygraphy" - Group Polygraph
S5 "Analysis of Cork-Based Networking" - Sorkin Bulletin Board
S5 "App Development and Condiments" - Meow Meow Beanz

I'd rather re-watch Season 6 than Season 4 but they both fell well short of Seasons 1-3.

In Summary, 2 > 1 > 3.. > ...... 5...... > ... .........................6....................................... > ............................................................................................ 4

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Transmodiar posted:

As long as the first Todd episode and Regional Holiday Music exist, there is ALWAYS something worse than the season four finale.

So we're just all gonna Irish Joe each other to death is that it?

This isn't what Community (RIP) deserves.

But it's better than Season 6 so please continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

... did you feel sorry for Irish Joe? Why would you put CELEBRITY LIP SYNCHING WITH CELEBRITIES (WHO ARE FAMOUS!!!) on a tee like that?

• Locked thread