Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Basic rocket science is a Community staple. One of the funniest episodes in the series, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, I guess I'm old now or something, but how long has lip syncing performances in front of an audience been a thing that's celebrated instead of derided and ridiculed?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

I agree. I enjoy watching people I find funny and entertaining be funny and entertaining. I mean, God drat, you have John Kraskinki in a gold dress performing "Proud Mary". That's really all I need.

That sounds terrible.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

What a lovely, warm analysis of this good-spirited, well-cast show. Made me tear up a little bit.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

fount of knowledge posted:

Is this a reference to something?

Not sure. Could be.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

I'm working my way through Harmontown and it's both hilarious and very depressing how often they're setting themselves up for future tragedy. Hey, look Robin Williams unexpectedly turns up! Let's talk about how much we love David Bowie for 20 minutes! Harris Wittels guests! And of course, there's Dan talking about how much he loves Erin and how they're going to be together forever and have kids every other episode.

This is one of the reasons I can't listen to Harmontown anymore. Also because I just couldn't get through any more dungeons and dragons

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

So, I've decided that the Captain America series has been slowly revealing what happened to the study group after the series ended.

Abed got kicked off a few sets for correcting the director or producer or studio until he wound up at the remains of Stark's studio, which was a recruiting org for Shield. He was hired as a Shield technician for the pattern recognition skills granted him by his particular affliction.

The Dean, through a series of comedic blunders that are fixed by Frankie, winds up moving up the administrative ladder, eventually finding his way to a mid-level administration role at MIT.

Really looking forward to meeting Agent Annie Edison and seeing Britta protesting something stupid in Cap 4 and 5.

e: Jeff, of course, won't get a cameo unless they find their way to Greendale, Colorado somehow.

Sounds like more of those boring rear end Marvel movies

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIj74cyO30

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I think this is probably the best Great Minds they've ever done.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cartouche posted:

Oh drat, sorry for posting an opinion you do not agree with.

Luckily it's a marginal opinion though. Frankie was awesome

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Nice, does this mean they've cut the DnD stuff from Harmontown? That's why I stopped listening, I really can't stand listening to DnD campaigns

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anyone else really dislike D&D podcasts/videocasts/whatever? 'cause I think they suck and D&D with Spencer was the worst part of Harmontown. It was fun/novel for maybe a couple months and then wore extremely thin for me.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

It supports her brand to have overbearing parents. The truth of having a perfectly functional upbringing is the most shameful thing.

Yeah wasn't that the entire point of meeting her parents? Britta always described them as overbearing jerks, but they really were just normal people. It's not technically a continuity error if that idea is explored even if that wasn't the original intention in S1...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kuiperdolin posted:

rear end Crack Bandit was the best one but Mew Mew Beens came close.

rear end. CRACK. BANDIT!!!!!!!!!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CPColin posted:

Dear Community Thread,

A lot of season 4 isn't as bad as I remembered.

Love,
Colin

P.S., Except for the puppet episode.

You're wrong and you should check to make sure you don't have a gas leak in your home. They all sucked, except maaaybe the Freaky Friday episode written by Jim Rash.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I just realized that one of the security guards from S3 is Marco on Better Call Saul. Cool!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Pierce hologram in season five was a neat and unexpected moment

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

The timeline on his story is a little off because they only worked together for two years, but hey, dude was drunk 24/7, not surprised he wasn’t able to keep track of time

Huh?

Escobarbarian posted:

He specifies that they had been working together for two years before he admitted his feelings and then began being resentful, which doesn’t really add up. Maybe he just meant “a year” because you can definitely see it in certain moments of Ganz’s s3 scripts aka Script Supervisor Annie
????

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s literally a transcript you can read on this page

Oh no, I listened to the podcast, I still don't understand what you're talking about

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Sorry but I honestly don’t understand which part of what I said is confusing. He clearly states they were working together for two years before he told her he loved her, even though they only worked together for that period of time in total.

Ok I understand now. It's been a long day, sorry. Yeah, it's before the transcript starts but Harmon does throw around the wrong dates (he says 2009 at some point) and he clearly doesn't know 100% of the timeline himself, so you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's my movie pitch: Ten years after the end of the show, Annie has gone missing during a CIA mission in Iran. Only the study group can sneak in, using Troy's boat, and rescue her. Britta shoots the Ayatollah by accident. Shirley feels uncomfortable. Jeff exists.

Maybe a good sequel, but the movie's obv. gonna be about CIA Annie helping track down Troy and Levar Burton after their kidnapping by pirates

• Locked thread