Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The non-zero amount of Garrett isn't ideal but the rest is cool so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Irish Joe posted:

:mediocre:

Paintball just isn't the same without a talented director.

Man I was already predisposed toward liking it thanks to this dipshit, but it turns out it's actually good, too!

edit: This would be amazing even if the entire episode was the five seconds where Kumail makes fun of how Danny Pudi can't pass for (part) Arabic.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 19, 2015

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Keith David, holy gently caress.

Edit: Matt Gourley in the tag! This is my favorite thing ever!

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 26, 2015

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

VagueRant posted:

Surprised by all the positive buzz. There were definitely some laughs in there (the line about Abed smelling hair to differentiate brunettes) and the best use of Annie we've seen all season, but man, it exemplifies a lot of what is wrong with the show too.

First, ANOTHER documentary style episode? Remember when they first did this and it was fresh and out of the box an amazing parody of most sitcoms and kind of a gently caress you to them for using a template...Now this is what? The fifth time they've gone to this well? Plus we've got more of the group being unlikeable dickheads to other people and LOTS OF SHOUTING BECAUSE YELLING IS HUMOUR, RIGHT?!

I also can't tell if Jeff's actual alcoholism throughout the season is ever going to be addressed or if it's somehow meant to be funny? I mean they did include that bit where Frankie (who really has had the strongest characterisation of the group) acknowledged that he is basically toxic to Annie.

The main plot had a slightly better arc than most of the aimless eps they've done this year but I think it would have landed better with me if they had given Garret a little heart, fleshed him out as an actual person, something other than an existence as a cartoonish punchline.
Aw, this is loving cruel.

Downer spotted. I repeat, we have spotted a buzzkill.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

teamcharlie posted:

This clip keeps running through my head every time I see another lovely/unfunny episode of this garbage season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x48Hq9F4Q70

Fans: Was that really necessary?
Dan Harmon: You have to defile Community completely or it'll come back to life. You know that.

Your entire posting history is you bitching like a little fuckface about this show. Is this a gimmick or is your life so full of free time that you can play a character who shits up threads about decent TV shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
That was a loving amazing finale. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread