Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Nichael posted:

These were great episodes. They were really funny, but it was cool to see that the show seemingly has a real budget again. Everything production wise looked a lot more professional.

Except the touch screen on Shirley's Sandwiches ordering computer was literally just a printed piece of paper that was peeling up on one corner. I'm hoping that was a meta joke on Greendale's quality rather than a bad bit of prop.

It was jarring to see outside the school sets again. Very good though. So very good.

Edit: For what it's worth, I streamed it on a Roku and it looked HD with no lag or buffering. It's certainly not every stream that's got issues.

Mortanis fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I think that's the first episode of Community in a long while that had me actually laughing audibly.

Also, really loved the long beat on Keith David's stare at Paget Brewster. Everything needs more Vice President Keith David.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Jeff really is lower key this season. We're not getting swamped with Wingerisms to wrap up an episode and bring the group back together any more and... it's nice.

Keith David... so random, so awesome.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
The flag joke is one of my favorite unsubtle jokes. My favorite subtle joke is probably Beetlejuice. I wish they'd do more of that sort of thing.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Jay Chandrasekhar is great, but Keith David is a treasure. His laughing at Jeff's slow realization was beautiful.

I kinda like the meta references to the past episodes. Normally that poo poo annoys me but this time it was funny.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
It's not like Abed's crazy has been getting more pronounced as the series progresses. Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas was all the way back in S2 and he literally experienced the world in stop motion animation. He's always been detached from reality in a heavy way. It just hadn't worn thin for a lot of people yet.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice

El Tortuga posted:

If Keith David is re-enacting anything, it's gonna be the They Live fight scene.

I doubt any reference to that fight will top Saints Row 4 for me, but I'd still like for Community to try nonetheless.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I found myself getting a little misty eyed when Jeff kept hugging Abed. Jeeze. For a season that relied heavily on meta-jokes and a finale that was basically one meta-reference, that was great.

The tags this entire season were great, but that was phenomenal. I hope it's another season and not a movie, just to break the SixSeasonsAndAMovie thing.

Edit: So, Annie was the rear end-Crack Bandit?

Mortanis fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 2, 2015

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
I still love that Abed is the only one that gets the Spanish presentation, like it spoke to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Worse. Way worse. At least that was a shot for shot remake of the original, and while it didn't land, it was based on good material.

This feels like a bit from an improv theater that's run on far longer than it should.

If they're going to do a show with a hardcore naturalist coming into a magazine that's pretty detached from his world, it should star Nick Offerman. And not be a comedy. Just 44 minutes of Nick Offerman building canoes and making GBS threads on hipsters and talking about sex with his wife.

• Locked thread