Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

SIgned up to Stan (Australian VoD service) just to watch this, don't regret it. Those episodes were great, felt very much like older episodes.

Also as someone who has been playing around with VR a bit lately I really want to try that crazy rear end operating system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Viginti posted:

Even given the fact that Australians can just stream them on Yahoo? Stan seems to have a decent range of TV regardless, so I don't think signing up was a bad decision. I'm just surprised that we weren't excluded this time.

We're meant to be excluded. I just tested and it gives me an error message about how the content isn't available in this region.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Calico Heart posted:

So, why is Britta homeless if she both has a job and won the 50,000 dollar comic book last season? Would none of her friends really not offer to let her stay with them?

Lots of debt to pay off, well established poor money management, and then some comedic exaggeration.

It would be consistent with her character if she turned down any previous offers to move in saying she didn't need that much help, just a few dollars to borrow here and there that she will pay back soon honest.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

Frankie was the only part that seemed "Community" to me

Everything else just seemed random monkey cheese humour, especially the parts with the dean.

I know he's supposed to ham it up but he was always in multiple different situations, not just one where it was literally repeating the same joke for too long (jesus wept and actions in VR are way too involved)

I've started rewatching the show from the start with my gf after discovering she has only seen the occasional episode here and there, and Frankie is definitely more of a first season character.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BSam posted:

That was really good, except for maybe the bit with britta and the song.

Maybe it's because I've been binging American Horror Story lately, but I liked that song bit.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The tags are throwing me a bit. The way all the episodes have had the tags before the credits made me wonder if they were sticking non-essential scenes at the end that can be edited out for broadcast to fit in time, but then if that's the case why not just have the tags during the credits like they used to.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Another really good episode, I'm sad we're only getting a short season this time round. Has there been any word on if this is a one-off or if Yahoo may consider doing more if ratings stay good (by Yahoo standards)?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

When they were talking about Jeff and Britta dating I expected them to mention the Jeff/Annie kiss, and then the Abed/Annie kiss.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Matt Berry makes everything better.

He only really has one character he ever plays, but that character is glorious.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That was amazing, if this is coming up on the end at least they're going out on a high.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I would say the tens of millions is based on adding up views over the season, international streaming viewers, or both.

The one disappointment for me was the one pitch (I think Frankies?) that had music that sounded just like the Pushing Daisies intro and I thought for a moment it was going to parody that.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Shirley is great because she is very much a character you would meet in that environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'd love for online services like Netflix to lead to a situation like the UK where beloved shows come back every so often for a one-off special or two.

• Locked thread