Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Irish Joe posted:

I think the distribution thing is dumb, but drat do I love all the angry foreigners who can't live without American media for a few days.

There were about 7 different copies online by the time I woke up in GMT, so I doubt anyone is doing any waiting.

Both episodes solid. Reminded me why it used to be my favourite sitcom despite not being top-10 calibre. Definitely way, way better than something Yahoo! have the rights to, so good on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Would watch the poo poo out of that Karate Kid adaptation. This season has been great, that episode was great, and I love the fact that Dan can write a standard episode that has a runtime of 30 minutes now because he doesn't have to conform to standard lengths (although I thought this season airs on TV in some places? Intrigued what they do then, maybe there's a TV cut).

Plus dropping a bunch of the characters from the earliest seasons makes total sense in the context of the show, especially when they add solid new characters like they have. It's genuinely a show that could have no original cast members in a few seasons time yet still be great. So happy it's back.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bown posted:

Yeah I really don't know that anyone outside of America (and maybe Canada or whatever) gives a poo poo about The Karate Kid. Nobody I know has ever seen or referenced it.

How old are you? When I was a kid, if you didn't like and reference Karate Kid constantly you were subhuman garbage trash. But a lot of people I know who are younger (I'm 33, they're late 20s) have never seen it. It's a travesty, it's a damned good kids movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Silly Burrito posted:

I just wait for the day when someone references Karate Kid and they say, "Oh, you mean the Jaden Smith movie?"

:negative:

That'd only be used as a joke to piss people off though. Do any kids even remember that remake? I can't see many people being nostalgic for it when they grow up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep, another fun episode. Not the best they've ever done, but I'm enjoying this season than both of the last two for sure. I don't remember much of either of them to be honest, so I'll probably go back and watch at least the last one again. It's definitely making me remember why I liked the show to start with, and I have zero problems with the cast member changes.

Also, as brought up last episode, having the extra time gives them the ability to flesh out the stories a bit more than they would be on TV. Given that shows as far apart as both Big Bang Theory and Always Sunny are both often putting out episodes that are sub 20 minutes in length, so far Community s6 has given us:

27m26
26m54
24m40
30m58
28m45

When Dan said the episodes would run a little longer, he was really underplaying it. Given an hour long slot on NBC can run maybe 42 minutes, we're not far off having 'hour long' episodes every week now. Or at least the super length ones they used to do a few years back when things would run to the 45.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Irish Joe posted:

That was the best episode of The Big Bang Theory I've ever seen.

BBT actually did put Sheldon on a remote controlled iPad that looked pretty similar once, so yeah - It actually was a direct rip off of a Lorre show. Congrats Dan Harmon, you fuckin' hack!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I loved just how overcomplicated it was. Why design a system where you just join a conference telecast on a static iPad when you can physically drive the thing around for absolutely no gain whatsoever.

It would feel unrealistic if it wasn't for idiots like Roger Ver and the bitcoin brigade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiXdY8-XLfQ

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I forgot it was a Tuesday and thus new episode day. Literally stared at the screen wondering why there was a new one to watch. And now to go to work instead of watch it...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that was solid, I have no concerns with the paintball gimmick continuing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think I prefer the state of the show now more than I did when the start of s3 was airing and it seemed like everyone was constantly at each others throats for no reason. It go better, but those first few episodes were rough.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bown posted:

This was definitely the weakest part of seasons 1-3 although for me it only really becomes unbearable in the original Todd episode. Which I still don't really enjoy watching.

That's the part I automatically think of. Maybe I'll do a rewatch as its been a while and maybe I'll see it in a more positive light.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The first Hallowe'en episode always struck me as a marker from 'I like this new TV show, it's funny' to 'OK there's definitely something cool and different about this one...'. It was definitely good until that point, but that's where things start to define what the show is really about. It's like Scandal, where the first season just sets up the premise for the crazy that's about to follow.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Britta becoming dumber over time while being a student at Greendale is completely keeping to the spirit of the show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If it's down to contracts expiring, what we've learnt is there wasn't enough turnover in cast members to keep the show going.

It went out on a good note, the last seasons did enough to quench the bad taste of the bad year (which had it's moments), and I'm glad they get to go out on their own call for a change.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember McHale putting on a pretty awful accent for the role too, for reasons I never understood.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PostNouveau posted:

Aw, they're not gonna make more Other Space?

Now I'm sad, that show was good :(

Yahoo's shows suffered from them being on Yahoo, and to specifically point one element out - you can't be a company that is completely based on the internet that has been around for 20+ years, who makes its own content and STILL puts everything being a geo lock. I mean, nobody should be that stupid.

Congratulations idiots, I watched all your shows anyway and you made $0 revenue off it, when you could have easily.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I still exclusively use the same yahoo email address that I had in 1998.

Same, although by exclusively - in my case I mean 'exclusively use it as my sign up to anywhere where I never want to receive an email or don't trust them not to spam the crap out of me'. It's got around 50,000 messages in it that I'll never check.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Klungar posted:

To... to replace an existing one? :gonk:

The old one is full.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Action Man posted:

Let's not forget that Yahoo Screen was a terrible app that regularly crashed for no reason and often just skipped the ads that companies paid them to play!

They also geolocked shows they owned global rights to, while not arranging any television rights in those areas. So everyone just downloaded it for free.

Yahoo are not a smart bunch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn't the DVD retail discs have that problem too? They probably used those as source. They cut off one of my favourite jokes, in John Oliver's "British 10" with that move.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I didn't like the meow meow beanz episode so I guess I should stay away from that episode of black mirror too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And 'Enlisted' which was way too good for it's timeslot. I'm glad Mel Rodriguez seems to constantly have work, he's always good in everything I see him in.

Spacebump posted:

Yahoo Screen home of Community Season 6, Other Space, and that bad basketball show. Good luck trying to find any of this content if you aren't a diehard Community fan.

I really should add these shows to my cloud backup so I never lose them. Although aren't they trying (succeeded?) to get some more life for Other Space? That show was supergood.

• Locked thread