Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Does this work with Chromecast or do I need to hook my computer up to my TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Hard Drive and Wing Man is up there among the hardest I've ever laughed at this show, especially with the Harmontown reference. I'm hoping the insanity level stays this high.

Did anyone else notice the picture of Harmon in the speakeasy with "DO NOT SERVE THIS MAN"?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

...Why were Annie and Abed at Britta's parents house? Why doesn't Chang know where the nurse's office is? Why are Jeff and the others building a bar in the basement?...

All three of these are pretty clearly explained by the narrative of each episode, so I'm not sure how you missed it.

1. Annie and Abed were at Britta's parents house because they really like them, to the point where they would hang out and play Trouble together.

2. He's having complications due to the cat bite.

3. Short answer: Frankie banned alcohol from campus and Jeff likes drinking at work. Long answer: I saw the whole plotline as a meta-commentary on the evolution of the show and a juxtaposition of the more absurd elements with the more grounded ones. (Frankie rushing in with Keystone cops and asking "This is what you wanted, right?") It reminded me a lot of the Frank Grimes episode of The Simpsons where a "real" person invades a sitcom universe and their reaction is "What the gently caress is wrong with you people?"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

am0kgonzo posted:

I thought both episodes were good and you are all whiny babies.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR-FLwonazA

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Yo

BSam posted:

That was really good, except for maybe the bit with britta and the song.

You're crazy, that may have been the best part.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I'm going to assume Gillian Jacobs was off filming Girls (or something else) the week this was shot, hence her small part.

Also FYI, on this week's Harmontown Sunday night, Dan said "Well, we start shooting the finale tomorrow, and we have no script!" So we have that to look forward to.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Wish I could have watched the episode last night but the Yahoo Screen app for Xbox 360 is a piece of poo poo. I wish there was a better way to get the show on my TV.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Takoluka posted:

Screen has Chromecast support specifically for Community.

In the iOS app or the lovely in-browser ScreenCast extension that has ridiculous lag? (I remember the iOS app not having Chromecast support last time I checked...)

Edit: Investigating further, looks like it's only the Android version of the app.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 22, 2015

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

You people are all crazy. This episode was hilarious.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Why the gently caress can't I get episode 12 on Chromecast? All the other episodes have that option but it disappears on ep 12.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Great episode. Great tag. Great season.

I approach another season the same every year (except Season 4): The finale was great and it would be perfectly happy of that was the ending, but I also feel every episode of Community is a gift and I'm not going to deny it if offered to me.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

rapeface posted:

That was just okay to me. Watching Jeff deal with his abandonment/change issues has been done so many times, it's hard to care too much. Abed went through a really similar thing too, even down to the different version of reality he was imagining. Jeff/Annie could have used some build up across the season. The tag was amazing though.

I think a lot of this season was more interested in being creative than super funny and most of it didn't work for me. I still love the show and the characters though, and I wouldn't turn down more Community.

Did Alison Brie and Danny Pudi get regular roles on a new TV show?

Brie is working on a movie career, I assume.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

What show is that? I thought his CBS and Fox deals fell through.

Rick and Morty?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

There's definitely some recency bias (and probably a little Stockholm) in putting the series finale on that list. The finale had a three minute music montage without a single joke, spent a quarter of its run time replaying the theme song over and over again, and sacrificed jokes for unearned sentimentality.

God forbid a show labelled a comedy spend a SINGLE PRECIOUS SECOND not telling a joke!

Also, a quarter of its runtime? Really? The clip of the theme was, what , maybe 7 seconds? And they played it 5-6 times?

Edit: Why the gently caress am I engaging Irish Joe?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

To be fair, I have a different need than the rest of you. When I watch a television show, I want to be entertained. If its a comedy, I want to laugh. The fandom that grew out of and around Community, however, doesn't care about whether the show is funny or entertaining. Community fans are a lot like Gamers in that liking Community has become a part of their identity as human beings. Jack, Britta and Annie aren't characters on a television show to them, they're friends whose stories they've been following for the last six years. People they relate to and want to see be happy. People to whom they're emotionally invested. That's why they'll defend bad seasons and bad episodes, because they feel like their good friends are being attacked. What's more, Community fans like being in on the joke, which is why the top tens posted in this thread contain a lot of gimmick episodes rather than funny episodes. They see these episodes as like a secret handshake shared among friends. That kind of fandom--that way of watching the show--is pathetic. I have no emotional investment in the show. I don't think the characters are my friends. I don't care if they live or die. I just want to laugh, and when the show fails to amuse me, I'm going to point it out and complain.

I also want to be entertained and laugh, and the show has done that consistently for me since episode 1 (except Season 4, obviously). Clearly the show doesn't do that for you anymore, so I'm not sure why you bother continuing to watch and comment.

Though, to be fair, you're pretty lovely in just about every thread you post in, so I guess it's your schtick?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Didn't Irish Joe have a season 4 avatar from the Inspector Spacetime Convention episode before he received the one he got for saying those sexually disgusting things about the picture of that kid?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Alison Brie is going to star in and executive produce a show on TV Land about elementary school teachers. It features Key & Peele showrunners and a Chicago improv group called The Katydids because everybody in the group is named some form of Kate.

TV Land. That's not the best sign.

But they will plug this at Comic-Con. It is called Teachers.

“Teachers” revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America’s youth, even though they don’t really seem to have their own lives together at all. From refusing to read fairytales because “sometimes Prince Charming wants to date other people” to hitting on the resident “hot dad,” these teachers are certainly changing the world, one student at a time. The series stars improv group The Katydids - Caitlin Barlow, Katy Colloton, Cate Freedman, Kate Lambert, Katie O’Brien and Katie Thomas – who also wrote and starred in the web hit that the TV series is based on. In addition to writing for and starring in “Teachers,” they will also serve as executive producers alongside Alison Brie (“Community”) and showrunners Ian Roberts and Jay Martel (“Key and Peele”).

I don't see anything saying Brie will star. All the articles I see just say that she will EP.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

This is the best video about Harmon's story circle: http://www.channel101.com/segment/1098

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

If i was that excited about sitting on my couch and listening to Dan Harmon talk about bullshit for a couple hours... well id seriously re-evaluate my life

HEY! I sit in my CAR and listen to Dan Harmon talk about bullshit for a couple hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Everyone should be watching Great Minds with Dan Harmon.

http://www.history.com/shows/night-class/videos

• Locked thread