Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

1200 Crowns for Drunk personality what the gently caress.

I guess they know that people are dumb and silly and will buy it anyway.

Hi, I'm dumb and silly. And often play while drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jargon
Apr 22, 2003

Hey amigos, can I get an invite to the PS4 NA guild(s)? PSN is JargonGO.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I sure do love it when I come home, check the Azura's map, and see this stupid rear end poo poo.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

What are those white squares.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
DC boys representin!!!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi can someone tell me a class to play. Something really fun and not gimpy.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

cheesetriangles posted:

Just look up their skills and see what you find most appealing. That being said, I love my Templar and if I were to make another character, I'd go Sorc

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

This two are good, also I really like nightblades and dragonknights, if I were you I'd pick one of those four and you should be good to go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Templar is pretty fun. Lots of self sustaining skills and poo poo.

Tupac shot Cobain
Jul 4, 2003

Hey, if there is any sort of active Xbox guild still I could use an invite! gamertag is wrongindustries

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
would it be possible to get an invite to the guild please, my id is @exparrot2

edit: thanks!

ExParrot fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 19, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I was talking about ESO with a friend today and they mentioned Cyrodiil PVP lag. Is that still a thing still? Because I've done a lot of large scale PVP and never encountered it (in recent times, I remember it being bad at launch).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Most of the lag seems to center around the Champion Point campaigns, particularly Trueflame on NA.

I picked Azura's Star as the goon campaign for multiple reasons, the absence of any significant lag on that server being one of them.

If you want to see the difference, try guesting over to Trueflame and see for yourself.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

All these costumes and the best one is still the cadwell pot also the jester costume is a close second, I forget the dude it's based off of in Skyrim (perhaps there were previous incarnations as well)

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

mrwrong posted:

Hey, if there is any sort of active Xbox guild still I could use an invite! gamertag is wrongindustries

I'm wondering this myself, gamertag is pezfortytwo

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Best appearance mod is Maelstrom Baron polymorph, or the Dro'Mathra skin.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
So about the upcoming patch. Why would anyone think the level scaling that'll be introduced with One Tamriel is a good thing? It is the exact same thing people bitched and bitched and bitched about in Oblivion and such. No sane person wants mudcrabs, rats, cliffracers and other poo poo to level with you. Absolutely nobody. It removes every last shred of character progression if you're fighting the same mudcrab the whole game and at the endgame, every mudcrab is a godmudcrab.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
You don't measure your success as a hero by how fast you can kill mudcrabs. Although even if the drat thing is scaled to you, you still have all your high level perks and cp points and skills and stuff. The only thing that changes is now you get better loot and better EXP. This is better universally.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

You don't measure your success as a hero by how fast you can kill mudcrabs.

Let me tell you about Elder Scrolls :colbert:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Scaling isn't necessarily a bad thing when competent people are taking care of the scaling mechanics.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Scaling isn't necessarily a bad thing when competent people are taking care of the scaling mechanics.
Pretty much this: the level scaling in Oblivion wasn't a terrible idea per se, but it was horribly implemented in the most :effort: way possible.
In ESO the DLC zones (and Cyrodiil) where there is already a level scaling system in place have shown that Zenimax knows what it's doing with this.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

You say this like Wrobel and Wheeler are competent designers. In all honesty, Doomfunk and possibly Finningan are the only competent people on the team, and I'm being very generous towards Finnigan.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I've not played many days yet and I'm thinking of rerolling on US server instead of EU to have less people around (yes, I'm adapting badly from having single player taken from my single player TES game). Is the US server mostly deserted from mornings to early afternoons local time?
Someone said there's something funky about the server connections though, and US servers get relatively bad latency from EU? Anyone know if that's true? I'd test myself but apparently you gotta redownload the entire client just to log on the other megaserver.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I MIGHT reinstall this game, but is there some guild to play with on EU server (I am not going to re-purchase stuff on US server)?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Scyantific posted:

You say this like Wrobel and Wheeler are competent designers. In all honesty, Doomfunk and possibly Finningan are the only competent people on the team, and I'm being very generous towards Finnigan.

Still better than anything coming out of the mainline series.

I don't know if Bethesda is just severely limited by the tools they're using, but I haven't been impressed with any of their games since Morrowind.

https://youtu.be/1ZTzi1I-Bg8

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 20, 2016

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Does level scaling work both directions? As in if I go to a low level zone to farm materials am I going to be dealing with equal level monsters instead of guys I can whack in one hit? That is a downside it's already annoying enough to have creatures 25 levels under me attacking me constantly I'd hate to have to deal with harder fights just to find some alchemy agents

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Fewd posted:

So about the upcoming patch. Why would anyone think the level scaling that'll be introduced with One Tamriel is a good thing? It is the exact same thing people bitched and bitched and bitched about in Oblivion and such. No sane person wants mudcrabs, rats, cliffracers and other poo poo to level with you. Absolutely nobody. It removes every last shred of character progression if you're fighting the same mudcrab the whole game and at the endgame, every mudcrab is a godmudcrab.

Irrespective of the particular execution of level scaling in Oblivion, the level scaling that's about to be introduced to the game will make it more like proper Elder Scrolls and less like every other MMORPG with linear zone progression. You will be able to literally look at the world map, pick any spot that sounds interesting, and start walking there with the confidence that you can participate productively in any content you encounter. You won't immediately hit an impenetrable numbers barrier because you're a level 10 character that walked into the level 20 zone. Morrowind is the oldest TES game I ever played and even with its comparatively limited form of monster scaling, it wasn't so mechanics focused that you couldn't do anything at all if you were in an area where the monsters were more than a few levels stronger than you, which is the case with most modern MMOs, and TESO currently.

People are pumped because instead of having to level from zone A>B>C within your faction campaign, you will be able to play in any zone A-Z from any campaign in any order you like. And honestly, you fight similar kinds of enemies from level 1-50 anyway, so it's not like it will shatter some kind of great immersion or profound sense of enemy progression that currently exists.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 20, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Fewd posted:

I've not played many days yet and I'm thinking of rerolling on US server instead of EU to have less people around (yes, I'm adapting badly from having single player taken from my single player TES game). Is the US server mostly deserted from mornings to early afternoons local time?
Someone said there's something funky about the server connections though, and US servers get relatively bad latency from EU? Anyone know if that's true? I'd test myself but apparently you gotta redownload the entire client just to log on the other megaserver.

Early afternoon EU? My experience is that the main faction hubs will be populated, you'll have people in cities, and queuing for random dungeons generally isnt too bad. I dont see a lot of people while out questing though.

There's something funky about server connections, but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with me playing from Yurop. Rarely a dungeon will be horribly laggy, but not the one before and not the one after. One pvp campaign also seems to be worse than the others.

Come play with us, scrub!

Pez posted:

Does level scaling work both directions? As in if I go to a low level zone to farm materials am I going to be dealing with equal level monsters instead of guys I can whack in one hit? That is a downside it's already annoying enough to have creatures 25 levels under me attacking me constantly I'd hate to have to deal with harder fights just to find some alchemy agents

It doesnt work in any direction, everything scales to your level (up to 160 cp). So yeah, farming will be annoyingerer.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maelstrom dual wields get nerfed, stam-scrubs immediately rise up in revolt because ~my dps~

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Been PvPing with my stamplar in the under 50 campaign, poo poo is pretty fun, although I need more skill points, currently level 20 with like 39 skyshards collected. I'm also running a mishmash of gear so I can level light/medium/heavy so things are exactly optimal. Either way, it's fun, I wreck kids with 2hander bar, my S&B bar is lacking a little bit, or I'm just bad at using it.

*edit*

I was sad yesterday when I logged on momentarily to see AD had covered the map in yellow, EP owned probably 3/5 the map when I went to bed Sunday :(

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Wrothgar already has CP160 mudcrabs and level scaling and it's fine.
I think they did say exp values will be rejiggered so you get more exp from tougher mobs. You won't have mudcrabs tanks running around.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Level scaling in oblivion was hosed because they hosed it up, also the leveling system was completely different, you could choose not to level, or level extremely sub-optimally and hamstring yourself and possibly straight up put yourself into a position that had a .1% chance of winning.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Dwesa posted:

I MIGHT reinstall this game, but is there some guild to play with on EU server (I am not going to re-purchase stuff on US server)?
Last I heard, the EU guild has been dead for a long while now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Figures they would stick the atronach mounts in the RNGboxes.

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016
I've been playing ESO for the past few weeks and I've been having a blast. Can I get an invite to the guild? Username's @DoctorChowder

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

MF_James posted:

Level scaling in oblivion was hosed because they hosed it up, also the leveling system was completely different, you could choose not to level, or level extremely sub-optimally and hamstring yourself and possibly straight up put yourself into a position that had a .1% chance of winning.
When I played Oblivion the first time I ran around The imperial City bunny hopping everywhere. I gained like 15 levels just from athletics before I left the city for the first time, and then I got owned by a wolf.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

DoctorChowder posted:

I've been playing ESO for the past few weeks and I've been having a blast. Can I get an invite to the guild? Username's @DoctorChowder

invited

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reading the feedback on the Crown Crates and suddenly I'm struck with the thought of "who in their right mind thought this was a good idea."

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016

Thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Reading the feedback on the Crown Crates and suddenly I'm struck with the thought of "who in their right mind thought this was a good idea."
Oh goddamnit they are adding loot crates. :ughh:

• Locked thread