Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I fully support loot crates because I think video game whales are a resource that should be aggressively exploited.

Put a bunch of rare mounts in them too that'll really squeeze their balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Loot crates are cool, but not on top of a sub, on top of a cash shop.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Inb4 Loot Crates have Maelstrom weapons in them.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I don't get why they don't just sell the loot box store content. People were buying the $40 magic tigers.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
They can add all the blind boxes they want so long as they never make them drop in the game and force me to deal with looting and throwing that poo poo out of my inventory.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Scoss posted:

They can add all the blind boxes they want so long as they never make them drop in the game and force me to deal with looting and throwing that poo poo out of my inventory.

If that poo poo ever happens or endgame gear goes into the cash shop, that will be the time when I'm done with this game.

I made the mistake of gambling almost 500 bucks during the first month of Supply Crates in TF2 being released and I will never make that same mistake again.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scoss posted:

I'm having Star Trek Online flashbacks now. :gonk:
But having read how they might work, it doesn't seem too bad for now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok I think I got the hang of stamina sorc now in PvP. Even managed to kick the poo poo out of Fengrush on stream.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

eSporks posted:

Loot crates are cool, but not on top of a sub, on top of a cash shop.

Sub's optional though. I'm okay with cash grab stores as they keep the game alive at the expense of people who aren't me. I just hope they don't pull swtors and put most nice looking gear that doesn't look like a mudrodents severed rear end in a top hat behind lottery boxes while leaving ugly scrubblankets and cloth caps to be available through normal gameplay. Mhm. Bad comparison maybe since swtor armor is pretty modular and the store mostly just sells the visual "shells", but anyways.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
This is my first time through the game and I'm playing AD as an altmer. Holy poo poo there's a ton of bosmer quests. "Tree-this" "Green Pact" that. I want to strangle the new Sylvanar. Makes me wanna burn the whole forest down.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

central dogma posted:

This is my first time through the game and I'm playing AD as an altmer. Holy poo poo there's a ton of bosmer quests. "Tree-this" "Green Pact" that. I want to strangle the new Sylvanar. Makes me wanna burn the whole forest down.

That's a perfectly sane reaction to dealing with Bosmer, imo.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So I picked up the DLC bundle. Four of em for about half price. Seems like a good deal of content, so I'm happy.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Hey gang, real talk: what's the best way to grind up enchanting? I just got to 41 in enchanting and it's a loving bear. Any pro tips?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Hey gang, real talk: what's the best way to grind up enchanting? I just got to 41 in enchanting and it's a loving bear. Any pro tips?

You get more inspiration from crafted runes, so see about getting into a materials/rune trading scheme with someone. DCJ used to be good for this, but not really since the guild bank got cleaned out.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

I can craft some up for you, whats your account name so i can mail it to you. Or just send me a tell @neatoh

Neato fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 23, 2016

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Neato posted:

I can craft some up for you, whats your account name so i can mail it to you. Or just send me a tell @neatoh

It's @SiDeath - that'd be hugely helpful, thanks!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Are you in DCJ? If so, I'll stick some in there too. None of my toons are enchanters because of how much of a pain it is to level, but I've been slowly trying to build it up on my main via deconstruction.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Aramek posted:

Are you in DCJ? If so, I'll stick some in there too. None of my toons are enchanters because of how much of a pain it is to level, but I've been slowly trying to build it up on my main via deconstruction.

I don't know what DCJ is so I assume no - was that the old goon crafting guild?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Sorry yeah. Deconstruct Circle Jerk.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Yeah, I inherited GM of DCJ. I have a god damned hoard of enchanting runes that I can always re-hoard in my crafting bag. I'll dump all of them in there when I get home from work tonight.

To clarify for anyone else reading, the intent here is that you take raws, craft them, then put the crafted items back in the bank. Someone else takes your crafts, decons them, then either crafts new or puts the mats back in the bank. Repeat forever. Try it, you might like it!

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

It's @SiDeath - that'd be hugely helpful, thanks!

Sent, if this wasn't enough to get to 50 let me know, i can make more.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

Yeah, I inherited GM of DCJ. I have a god damned hoard of enchanting runes that I can always re-hoard in my crafting bag. I'll dump all of them in there when I get home from work tonight.

To clarify for anyone else reading, the intent here is that you take raws, craft them, then put the crafted items back in the bank. Someone else takes your crafts, decons them, then either crafts new or puts the mats back in the bank. Repeat forever. Try it, you might like it!

Will you send me an invite to @SiDeath please? Thanks!

Neato posted:

Sent, if this wasn't enough to get to 50 let me know, i can make more.

Thanks very much, I'll login when I get home and take a peek!

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

central dogma posted:

i was getting irritated because they kept treating my bosmer character as if they weren't a bosmer, i kept having the green pact explained to me every 5 minutes

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I picked this up when it was on sale not long ago on the humblebundle store and was utterly shocked to see how much I enjoyed it. I find myself taking my time and just clearing every zone and occasionally joining Asura's Star to get wrecked by Ebonheart Pact goons (since I didn't bother reading the thread before creating a daggerfall char). Been a long time since I've been invested in an mmo so much.

A good game.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Post your @username and we'll get you in the EP guild anyway.

That way we can see when you're in Cyrodiil and go murder you.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
It's @orphean because I'm a wild and creative guy when it comes to the serious business of usernames.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

orphean posted:

It's @orphean because I'm a wild and creative guy when it comes to the serious business of usernames.

Invite sent.

Summary of ESO AMA on Reddit (I DIDN'T GO TO REDDIT I GOT THE SUMMARY OFF THE ESO FORUMS):
  • -No plans on continuing the current dungeons stories (like Vaults of Madness)

• -Magicka DK getting buffed in Update 13 (this includes Dragon Blood although it sounds like they're changing the ability, rather than just buffing)

• -NO FLYING MOUNTS. Maybe one day hovering/floating.. but they're not working on it.

• -Rich and Wheeler are probably gone to get a beer right now

• -Future update they will try to change something so we start putting points into health instead of just our mag/stam pool.

• -No cheap respec for Update 12 (not surprised)

• -I complained about the terrible 2 traits on monster sets and Rich said should be easier since drops are guaranteed.. and "Also, ideally we'd like to make all traits interesting..."

• -not increasing bank space anytime soon

Really pissed about that first one. All of the dungeons had subtle hints and clues as to what the continued story is but it looks like Firor and Lambert are more focused on cashing in as fast as they can before the game falls apart.

Between this constant flow of trying to cash in quickly via constant updates and bullshit like the crown rng crates, and the fact that PvP is so goddamn dead right now (DC owns Azura's Star and zergs down anyone who tries to push the Emperor keeps, Pact Militia completely killed Haderus, and gently caress Trueflame), I'm finding it harder and harder to log in for more than an hour at a time daily.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

They did AMA? I am surprised. Their forums are filled with Q&As without As.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Could I get an invite to the craft guild too? @atomicgeek

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Thank you to everyone who's tried to help me level enchanting so far - it's an absolute bear. I'm almost through 47 and I dumped maybe 60-something green and blue runes into the DCJ bank, so if someone else is trying to level, you'll have that going for you. I still need more runes to decon and it's absolutely awful.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Does anyone have a trade guild with a decent vendor? Got booted from my old one for inactivity, had a month or two where I basically did not log on. I'm starting to get full of poo poo that I need to offload.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Apologies, I'm painting my office and haven't pulled my computer out from under the plastic yet. If anyone else can hand out the invites to DCJ that would be swell. Hopefully I can finish the trim this afternoon and get the room put back together this evening otherwise.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
In my case there's no rush, but eventually I'd like to get on the whirling carousel of destroying things for fun and profit. Good luck painting!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Probably had the most fun in PvP last night since the launch days where we would gank people who say the goon chair swarm. Literally had an entire DC zerg chase our 10 man squad into a Cyrodiil delve just to kill us. Luckily I had invis pots on my stamplar so I managed to pop one and haul rear end to the back of the cave undetected and got everyone back up.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GLORY TO THE GOONPEROR

GLORY TO THE ARGONIAN MASTER RACE

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm high on believing. :patriot:

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

GLORY TO THE GOONPEROR

GLORY TO THE ARGONIAN MASTER RACE

Glory to the eternal autist, long may his reign rage over our poorly optimized builds.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Froid please post in thread about how amazing your life is now TIA

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Ok I think I got the hang of stamina sorc now in PvP. Even managed to kick the poo poo out of Fengrush on stream.

when did this happen so I can find a vod please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I miss you guys. Work sucks, school is eating my soul. Send help.

• Locked thread