Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zach the Drifter
Jul 16, 2006
So I started this game last weekend and I'm pretty into it. What I'm finding out that this game is very very guild oriented. Is there a guild presence on Daggerfall that would take in a scrub Templar?

Zach the Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Are banks shared between characters across factions, or per faction?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

There's no faction restrictions on banks, or guilds.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I have to say that I'm thoroughly satisfied with today's update.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I didnt know they implemented npc hitting. Do not hit npcs. Also stealing. The days of a cleptomaniac running around taking everything that isn't bolted down to the ground are gone.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I didnt know they implemented npc hitting. Do not hit npcs. Also stealing. The days of a cleptomaniac running around taking everything that isn't bolted down to the ground are gone.

:ssh: The pile of dead noobs should have tipped you off.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 17, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Pretty satisfied with my battle guar:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone planning on making a new goon guild?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So just a heads up but they put the ability to make any race into any alliance up on the guild store. In fact all of the bonus stuff from release is there.

Suddenly a conglomerated goon guild doesn't seem that hard to do.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 17, 2015

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Are there any issues with having a character in Ebonheart instead of Daggerfall like the original guild?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Sheep posted:

Are there any issues with having a character in Ebonheart instead of Daggerfall like the original guild?

Would actually prefer Ebonheart.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Yeah considering I played through DC the first time, not to mention Ebonheart so far is a lot more visually interesting.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If anyone is interested in joining the Ebonheart Goons guild just send me a friend request @Scyantific and I'll toss you an invite.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 17, 2015

Zach the Drifter
Jul 16, 2006

Scyantific posted:

If anyone is interested in joining the Ebonheart Goons guild just send me a friend request @Scyantific and I'll toss you an invite.

You think this will play the role of main goon guild? I would gladly re-roll to join ebonheart if that is where the life is. I want a nord anyway.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Why not? Everyone already played through Daggerfall (and quit) so no point doing it again!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah if we get enough people rolling Ebonheart then EP will be the de-facto main faction (unless people like Reggin, Orv, and Omar return and decide they want to poopsock in DC). Besides, we need 50 people in the guild to open up the guild store so we can do intra-guild trading.

Since I won't be on constantly to accept friend requests, just drop your @username in the thread and someone will invite you. Everyone in the guild *should* have invite privileges.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I plan on playing again and don't feel like re-rolling so I will stay DC.
Goons are the worst when it comes to picking a faction and sticking to it, faction based games are also stupid. This game is stupid.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
If you want to PvP, EP has a queue of 150 during US prime on the biggest campaign. If you're looking to mostly PvP I would not recommend you play EP since they're pretty much a perma zerg.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Red Herring posted:

If you want to PvP, EP has a queue of 150 during US prime on the biggest campaign. If you're looking to mostly PvP I would not recommend you play EP since they're pretty much a perma zerg.

More people doesn't necessarily mean better PVPers.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

eSporks posted:

I plan on playing again and don't feel like re-rolling so I will stay DC.
Goons are the worst when it comes to picking a faction and sticking to it, faction based games are also stupid. This game is stupid.

I'll be on DC too since I have a few goon friends who still play on there actively. So you won't be completely alone!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Just a reminder that you can join up to five guilds in this game. As long as all goons have access to a channel to talk to each other I think thats the most important. Faction specific guilds are only really necessary for coordinating PvP and that can always be sorted out if we get that many people coming back/trying the game out for the first time.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Factions serve for two things: doing group dungeons/raids, and PvP. That's it. Which obviously is a major part of the endgame, really.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

People that pre ordered the game can play any faction with any race but if I just bought the game I don't get to choose whatever race I want ? That kind of sucks, but whatever, should I roll on ebonheart for goon action?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

People that pre ordered the game can play any faction with any race but if I just bought the game I don't get to choose whatever race I want ? That kind of sucks, but whatever, should I roll on ebonheart for goon action?

The OP says that is a benefit of the deluxe edition for 20 bucks more.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Tsurupettan posted:

The OP says that is a benefit of the deluxe edition for 20 bucks more.

I read that this is only for the imperial race, if you buy the imperial edition you can play any race with any faction?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

If you just bought the game you can purchase the Adventurer's Pack from the crown store for 1900 crowns ($19) and that will allow you to play as any race for any faction.

I believe you can also track down an unused pre-order game key off some sites but I don't know how to go about that.

edit: The Imperial Edition upgrade can also be purchased from the crown store for like $20 I think, that will let you play as an Imperial which can be rolled with any faction.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I suppose the chances of someone on this forum having an unused explorers pack code or whatever from preorder would be pretty darn low. I found a site (g2a) that is selling those packs for 1.79 but it looks kind of sketchy and I don't know about putting a visa or even paypal on one of those websites if I didn't know it was legit.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I just bought one because I hate my $2 and I've used g2a before. Worked fine and it came in two minutes. Usual warnings for shady euro sellers apply still, of course.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

I just bought one because I hate my $2 and I've used g2a before. Worked fine and it came in two minutes. Usual warnings for shady euro sellers apply still, of course.

What kind of payment did you use? I mean I'm not too worried about this kind of thing but I'll use PayPal over visa if there's any risk.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

You can join multiple Guilds.

Join both.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

What kind of payment did you use? I mean I'm not too worried about this kind of thing but I'll use PayPal over visa if there's any risk.

I used paypal, though they tack on like a 40 cent fee or something if you do.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Bob NewSCART posted:

G2A is legit. I've bought from there several times with no issue using a credit card. They do sell Russian keys which I stay away from by default but anything global has been alright. I do get the game guard thing at checkout as well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Second post has been updated with info on Playing With Goons.

:siren: READ THE GUILD BANK RULES AND ADDITIONAL NOTES :siren:

Also, ESO Web Store is now up and running. Prices for Crowns are as follows:
  • 750 Crowns - 7.99 USD (little over 1 USD/Crown)
  • 1500 Crowns - 14.99 USD (equivalent to 1 USD/Crown)
  • 3000 Crowns - 24.99 USD (seems to be the best value USD-to-Crown wise)
  • 5500 Crowns - 39.99 USD (at this point you're just burning money)

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 17, 2015

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Givin posted:

G2A is legit. I've bought from there several times with no issue using a credit card. They do sell Russian keys which I stay away from by default but anything global has been alright. I do get the game guard thing at checkout as well.

So if you just go with the regular checkout rather than choosing one of the specific sellers that are listed with their countries and names I should be good? Thanks guys, 3 or 4 bucks is a lot better than 20+

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can I get some guild invites? I'm already in Daggerfall Goons, @NeurosisHead.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Second post has been updated with info on Playing With Goons.

:siren: READ THE GUILD BANK RULES AND ADDITIONAL NOTES :siren:

Also, ESO Web Store is now up and running. Prices for Crowns are as follows:
  • 750 Crowns - 7.99 USD (little over 1 USD/Crown)
  • 1500 Crowns - 14.99 USD (equivalent to 1 USD/Crown)
  • 3000 Crowns - 24.99 USD (seems to be the best value USD-to-Crown wise)
  • 5500 Crowns - 39.99 USD (at this point you're just burning money)
Is the criclejerk guild the same one I was/am leader of? I just find the thought of a guild being owned by someone that hasn't had an active account since launch to be kind of funny.

For people that don't know what the circlejerk is all about. You get more crafting EXP for deconstructing things other people make vs stuff you make. The idea is you craft some poo poo and dump it in there, then grab some poo poo someone else put in there and break it down.
Don't be a loving dick and just clear it out for free mats. Also don't be a dick by deconstructing some high level stuff and replacing it with jank. Do your best to not be a dick.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
@Verranicus, @Eck33 and @Radiosuitcase would all love invites to the goon guilds. We were in the old Daggerfall Goons and crafting guilds at launch but got kicked due to inactivity.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
You know what's wrong with this game though? All the races have stupid Saturday morning cartoon things they say, like altmer say "stars!", argonians say "xuth" or "by my mother's egg tooth" and the khajiit, the loving khajiit

and when they're not doing that they're just copying random chunks of story wholesale from other TES games (e.g. the whole Molag bal doing a Mehrunes dagon thing). there are some good bits of dialogue and cool concepts (I think I can detect kirkbride's hoof prints in some of the new books) and nice bits of storytelling (like the part where you are shown the possible future where the whole wood elf race get permanently turned into wild savages and you leave queen ayrenn dying because she's lost the will to live)

so yeah don't expect it to have a proper story like morrowind, it's got peanuts of good story in a big turd

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My main gripe is that the writing in the main story (and the Fighter's guild questline) suffers from a really bad case of Diablo III-itis.

"FOOLS! you can never defeat me! Mwuahahahahaa I am evil!"
"NO! We will defeat you because honour and loyalty and googblahurf blurf dorf"

Gives me a loving migraine it does. At least Abnur Tharn has some funny lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Nordick posted:

My main gripe is that the writing in the main story (and the Fighter's guild questline) suffers from a really bad case of Diablo III-itis.

"FOOLS! you can never defeat me! Mwuahahahahaa I am evil!"
"NO! We will defeat you because honour and loyalty and googblahurf blurf dorf"

Gives me a loving migraine it does. At least Abnur Tharn has some funny lines.

The fighters guild quest line has some bad actors early on. Same goes for some of the early to middle quests that aren't the main quest. The answer to this is to play the mage questline and hang out with Sheogorath. He just trolls the hell out of every serious character in the game he encounters.

Edit: Fun fact, but it actually used to be worse. It was posted in the last topic but the early game had a bad case of "intern-itis" at release due to the the pre-release developers being incredibly lazy and just picking up random people to voice characters. Once the usual post release changing of the guard happened the developer team started fixing that stuff. Someone should find and post that youtube video of the talking Grahtwood tree to show what I mean.

And I don't mean the video where the trees and some NPC's in the Grahtwood would randomly scream German at you. That was a whole other load of trippy poo poo. :stare:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 17, 2015

• Locked thread