Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Hi, could I get an invite @Nhilist .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Nhilist posted:

Hi, could I get an invite @Nhilist .

invite sent

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there a convenient way to update add-ons? Should I be using some add-on manager? I've not played in a couple of months, so literally everything is out of date.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I use Minion. Works super well.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Aramek posted:

I use Minion. Works super well.

Seconding this. You can browse and search for all the thing you need and then update them on the reg with ease. Get it.

Dancing Gnome
Oct 8, 2006
Can I get an invite please? @deladriel

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

While the server is down:

I'm gonna convert my NB tank from stam to mag. Anyone have build advice for a magblade tank?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Rough Lobster posted:

While the server is down:

I'm gonna convert my NB tank from stam to mag. Anyone have build advice for a magblade tank?

Ask Scy or browse the thread for his saptank megpost. It's not THAT far back but it's a good read about magblade tanking and probably exactly what you're looking for!

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Storm Knight's apparently got fixed?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I put a cheap storm knight set together and ran 2 normals and the proc rate in pve seemed right. Haven't tried it in pvp yet.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://massivelyop.com/2016/09/07/the-elder-scrolls-online-preps-one-tamriel-update-for-october-5/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MMO of 2015, ladies and gents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTiB_F3vG_A&t=17s

Also new thread will be up this week in anticipation of One Tamriel.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

One Tamriel.

Any idea how the gating/restrictions on the main quest will be handled? Would be nice to play through in one stretch.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

valuum posted:

Any idea how the gating/restrictions on the main quest will be handled? Would be nice to play through in one stretch.

No clue.

Also, gently caress this game. Get stuck with a bunch of idiots and literally have to carry them at Molag Kena and the game gives me a final gently caress you to end the run with:

E: this was the first time I had to loving use my Kags + Engine Guardian setup in months. It was also the first time I've been in a group that's wiped at Planar Inhibitor and Molag Kena more than zero times.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 12, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm so sorry you had lovely pubbies.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Scyantific posted:

No clue.

Also, gently caress this game. Get stuck with a bunch of idiots and literally have to carry them at Molag Kena and the game gives me a final gently caress you to end the run with:

E: this was the first time I had to loving use my Kags + Engine Guardian setup in months. It was also the first time I've been in a group that's wiped at Planar Inhibitor and Molag Kena more than zero times.

lol, I got dropped into a vet WGT that, shocker, was stuck on Planar Inhibitor. We wiped 5 times before I left.

The healer didn't appear to actually be healing and definitely wouldn't close portals when they opened, but that didn't stop them from blaming their failure on me for not being 160. :downs:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So I just picked this up on an impulse because Skyrim stopped scratching my ESP itch and my MMO itch came up at the same time. Is the list of add-ons in the OP still up to date? Any beginner tips?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

jim truds posted:

So I just picked this up on an impulse because Skyrim stopped scratching my ESP itch and my MMO itch came up at the same time. Is the list of add-ons in the OP still up to date? Any beginner tips?

October 5th is gonna be a huge game-changing patch that's gonna make it a lot different and better. That's one tip.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

jim truds posted:

Using Minion to manage add-ons seems to be the best bet. I started playing again after about 15 months and it looks like Nexus and other sites have very outdated versions. I use skyshard/lorebook marker, there's a minimap, and a research assistant add-on as well. Just sort by popular add-ons and pick what seems like it might be useful. If you plan on crafting, research assistant is very handy for finding out what traits you still need to research. Since researching takes longer the more traits you learn, I'd recommend collecting different weapons and armors to research. Most of the green gear you receive while questing can be researched, so it's worth learning the traits instead of selling them off to an NPC vendor.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any kind of trial? I want to play but I don't want to drop money without giving the game a try.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there any kind of trial? I want to play but I don't want to drop money without giving the game a try.

afraid not; sadly game demos went out of fashion a few years ago and now devs and producers are scared to give out demos because people might not buy their lovely games. the closest you might get to trying the game is watching a stream or a few non-cancerous youtube videos that were made recently and reflect the current state of the game.

personally, i love eso, but held off getting it until it was discounted because i wasn't sure at first. but it turned out to be really enjoyable and now i'm a plus member and everything.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I've been playing ESO for almost a year now and I can honestly say it's worth the full price. Mind you I haven't even bought and DLC yet, so its the base game and it's still a lot of fun. It's the first MMO since WOW that's clicked for me (and it's really nothing at all like WoW).

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

Closest thing to a trial is picking up a CD key for $10

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard
Anyone have a good templar solo leveling build?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

teejayh posted:

Anyone have a good templar solo leveling build?

Magicka or Stamina?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Magplar is one of the best and easiest builds to level/play with. I suggest you go blue bar all the way.

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard
magicka I guess. I haven't played in year so its all new to me again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

teejayh posted:

magicka I guess. I haven't played in year so its all new to me again.

If you're on PC NA drop an @userID for the goon invite.

Best thing to do is slot the first skill in each of your class trees (aedric, dawns, restoring), then level up Puncturing Strikes and morph it into Puncturing Sweep.

After that it's all about rolling with dual swords for more damage (and to level up dual wield), a restoration staff skill, and maybe a destruction staff skill on your bar.

Puncturing sweeps will be your main DPS skill. Always.

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard
Thanks I'll give that a whirl. My userid is @teejayh

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Elder Scrolls Offline has struck again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kettlepip posted:

Elder Scrolls Offline has struck again.

Best part is they scheduled a maintenance WITHOUT sending out a serverwide message ingame. :zenimax:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
http://massivelyop.com/2016/09/14/elder-scrolls-online-goes-offline-to-prevent-further-rollbacks/

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
What's the intended way to catch up from old VR5 to post-DB CP levels? Took a long break in VR5 Bangkorai, log back in, mobs are now CP 150. Naturally I was left with around CP 50 sooo... and I presume One Tamriel won't do anything with that new system.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GuyUpNorth posted:

What's the intended way to catch up from old VR5 to post-DB CP levels? Took a long break in VR5 Bangkorai, log back in, mobs are now CP 150. Naturally I was left with around CP 50 sooo... and I presume One Tamriel won't do anything with that new system.

One Tamriel will make grinding viable in all areas (just stay away from Vivec's Antler's in Stonefalls, that's MY spot).

I'd hit up Coldharbour, Vile Laboratory or maybe the Sentinel docks in Alik'r

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

And make sure to do a random dungeon queue at least once a day, buttload of XP.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Very late yesterday I, for some reason or another, picked tihs up on Steam. So I'm guessing I should play this game.

I play on odd hours and gonna be soloing a lot. Am I gonna regret the lizard nightblade I'm gonna roll? What tradeskill should I pick for most usefulness and convenience?

Should I just kill myself now instead of playing this?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Fewd posted:

No, it's good, and fun, and your life is precious.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Fewd posted:

Very late yesterday I, for some reason or another, picked tihs up on Steam. So I'm guessing I should play this game.

I play on odd hours and gonna be soloing a lot. Am I gonna regret the lizard nightblade I'm gonna roll? What tradeskill should I pick for most usefulness and convenience?

I play at weird hours too, it's not so bad. In many cases it's great not having a ton of competition for stuff like world bosses.

Personally, I don't like argonian passives at all but I see a lot of argonian healers, so you could go magicka NB and do that if you want. Also beefy argonians with horns make really cool looking dragonknights.

For tradeskills, expect to do them all but that doesn't mean you need to invest any points in them right away (later, you'll be swimming in skillpoints). My personal recommendation is to deconstruct all intricate, and green/blue/purple rarity gear as you come across it and sell the rest. This will slowly but surely level up your Clothier/Blacksmith/Woodworker skills will giving you a nice baseline of materials to either sell or bank. Also deconstruct all glyphs you come across since Enchanting is very slow to level. I personally don't bother harvesting nodes such as lumber or ore (I always seem to have plenty of mats from deconstruction) but you can do that if you want. I do recommend harvesting all runestones and alchemy ingredients.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

1200 Crowns for Drunk personality what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Aww, gently caress. And I'll buy it too. Danny DeVito deserves no less.

• Locked thread